Stewart Rhodes, Oath Keepers founder, sentenced to 18 years for seditious conspiracy

Reply Thu 25 May, 2023 12:28 pm
WE need a catchall thread for the ongoing and resolved criminal trials held against these violent, treasonous monsters.

Stewart Rhodes, Oath Keepers founder, sentenced to 18 years for seditious conspiracy
https://imgur.com/HxphypF.jpg
Quote:
The founder of the far-right Oath Keepers group has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for his role in a seditious conspiracy to disrupt the electoral count, the stiffest punishment to date to stem from the violent assault on the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

A jury in Washington, D.C., convicted Stewart Rhodes last November of the politically charged sedition charge and multiple other felonies. Given the rare nature of the charge, his prison term could influence any sentence Enrique Tarrio, the former chairman of the far-right Proud Boys group will face on the same charge later this summer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 2,684 • Replies: 34

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 May, 2023 01:12 pm
@tsarstepan,

nice.

the scumbag will be 75 when he gets out, assuming he serves the full sentence...
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 25 May, 2023 01:18 pm
@Region Philbis,
One thing is likely certain, he and his cohorts aren't going to be humble and remorseful. Two strikes against them in their inevitable parole hearings.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 25 May, 2023 01:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
I think they'll get worn down and will be offering all sorts of cooperation in the future sentence reduction.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 25 May, 2023 01:34 pm
@Region Philbis,
It's in Federal lockup and they do not get a generous good time reduction.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 26 May, 2023 06:42 am
https://assets.amuniversal.com/601b6130dd7f013bfdb4005056a9545d.png
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 May, 2023 10:02 am
Quote:
Oath Keepers member and Army veteran Jessica Watkins sentenced to 8.5 years in prison
... Watkins was acquitted of the top charge of seditious conspiracy, but convicted of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding...
(cnn)
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 May, 2023 10:39 am
@Region Philbis,
I wonder if any of these convicted vets will lose their VA benefits in consequence.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 26 May, 2023 12:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
It almost always requires a military offense or a clear cut example of fraud to lose those. I don't think they should null benefits past discharge of active and reserve duty.

They did the service when 90% of their fellow citizens chose to do otherwise. I say let them keep their earned benefits, particularly their medical benefits.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 May, 2023 06:49 pm

https://iili.io/HrzxmgV.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 26 May, 2023 07:57 pm
@Region Philbis,
Though, I really don't want criminals meting out some sort of extrajudicial punishment in my name.

Let him hole up with Aryan Nation for eighteen years. I don't think he'll be going to a Club Fed. They took him right out of court. These judges are not slapping wrists.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2023 07:55 am
DOJ charges 'Arrested Development' actor Jay Johnston for involvement in Jan. 6 riot
Quote:
Jay Johnston, an actor who appeared in such shows as Arrested Development and Bob's Burgers was arrested in California Wednesday, and faces charges in connection to the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol.

According to court documents, Johnston, 54, allegedly helped pour water on the faces of rioters who had been pepper sprayed by law enforcement and was seen carrying a stolen shield that belonged to U.S. Capitol Police. The documents, which reference video and photo footage, say Johnston participated with other rioters in trying to push law enforcement officials.

I suspect there will be plenty of acting offers from Mel Gibson, Kirk Cameron, and Dinesh D'Souza for this actor.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2023 08:08 am
@tsarstepan,
Jan. 6 rioter who used a stun gun on Officer Michael Fanone sentenced to prison
https://imgur.com/8EhjhOH.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2023 11:57 am
Ex-Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio sentencing delayed in Jan. 6 case
Quote:
The sentencing hearing for Enrique Tarrio, the former national chairman of the Proud Boys convicted for seditious conspiracy for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol, has been rescheduled.

His hearing was originally set to begin at 10 a.m. ET Wednesday, but was rescheduled for Sept. 5 at 2 p.m. ET.

Tarrio could face the stiffest penalty doled out so far in the government's massive prosecution of Capitol rioters.

Prosecutors want him sentenced to 33 years in prison for his role in conspiring with his lieutenants to stop the certification of the 2020 presidential election results in Congress and to keep former President Donald Trump in power.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2023 11:18 am
@tsarstepan,
Proud Boys Lieutenant Sentenced to 17 Years in Jan. 6 Sedition Case
Quote:
Joseph Biggs, a onetime lieutenant in the Proud Boys, was sentenced on Thursday to 17 years in prison after his conviction on charges of seditious conspiracy for plotting with a gang of pro-Trump followers to attack the Capitol and disrupt the peaceful transfer of presidential power on Jan. 6, 2021.

Mr. Biggs’s sentence was one of the stiffest penalties issued so far in more than 1,100 criminal cases stemming from the Capitol attack and among only a handful to have been legally labeled an act of terrorism. It was just shy of the 18-year term given in May to Stewart Rhodes, the leader of another far-right group, the Oath Keepers militia, who was also found guilty of sedition.

The sentence, handed down by Judge Timothy J. Kelly in Federal District Court in Washington, kicked off a series of hearings scheduled for this week and next at which punishment will be meted out against the former chairman of the Proud Boys, Enrique Tarrio, and three other members of the group who were convicted of sedition and other serious crimes at a landmark conspiracy trial this spring. One of Mr. Biggs’s co-defendants, Zachary Rehl, is scheduled to be sentenced in front of Judge Kelly on Thursday afternoon.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2023 12:59 pm
Quote:
News Alert: Proud Boy who smashed Capitol window on January 6 sentenced to 10 years

The Proud Boy who smashed through a window to the US Capitol with a police riot shield on January 6, 2021, allowing the first wave of rioters to storm the building as members of Congress were being evacuated was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison.

Dominic Pezzola, nicknamed “Spazzolini,” was the only one of the five Proud Boys defendants not convicted of seditious conspiracy. Pezzola joined the Proud Boys shortly before January 6, according to evidence shown at trial, and was praised by the organization’s leadership for his violent actions at a separate rally weeks before the Capitol riot.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2023 01:13 pm
@Region Philbis,
Celebrate good times, come on
Let's celebrate
Let's celebrate

There's a party going on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years

https://imgur.com/0VlEotT.gif
of imprisonment these Pieces of Sh!ts will be spending incarcerated!
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2023 02:12 pm
@tsarstepan,

they effed around, and are in the process of finding out...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2023 12:24 am
I have no sympathy for traitors and I hope they are forced to serve their entire sentence. I doubt that even one of these people will have a scintilla of actual guilt over their activities. None of these people have been elected to any office by the voters and I do not want the country run by a bunch of shabby looking low intelligent nut cases that think it's a grand idea to prove how much they love America by breaking into the Capitol, smearing excrement on the walls, chant Nancy (we are coming for you), display a noose for the Vice President, carry a CONFEDERATE flag thru the halls, and all the other bullshit things they did. They assume they can cry 'I didn't think it was wrong' because Trump called them in to help him. They are exactly where they need to be, housed with other criminals where they can impress the other important zeros with their stunning lack of respect for the country we live in.

Many people my age had fathers who served in the military during the Second
World War. My Dad was in combat and we were lucky to get him home, alive. Was he ever injured? Oh hell yes he was. I am proud that my Dad and a lot of other peoples fathers fought in a war to assure us of the freedoms we enjoy...and also the freedom of these lackluster crybabies to be unhappy.....but I refuse to be governed by these rioters and traitors who think they are merely visitors while they piss all over everything we hold dear.
coluber2001

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2023 04:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Let's celebrate
Let's celebrate

There's a party going on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years

https://imgur.com/0VlEotT.gif
of imprisonment these Pieces of Sh!ts will be spending incarcerated!

The real celebration will occur when Trump is convicted and removed from society.

I'm hoping that Donald Trump as a last resort will plead insanity and be institutionalized, but that is almost certainly not going to happen because his grandiose self-image wouldn't allow it. Fine. Let him sit in prison if that's what he wants, just remove him from society. My only hope is that the country can recover from his pathological influence.