Why Not Kinky

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:01 pm
I like Kinky also. But I can't vote for him after all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:06 pm
I have no opinion. This is very relaxing...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:09 pm
I love to read his comments, even like his music. His pal, Willie, is a great guy. But my main focus is to drop kick Perry through the goal posts of defeat.
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:35 pm
I've read most of his books. I think I have just about all of his albums. 'Bout time we have another songwriter for a governor--last one was probably Jimmy Davis, who became gov. of LA largely because he wrote "You Are My Sunshine". And he didn't do too much worse than most LA governors. Kinky wrote more interesting, if twisted, music.

True, he doesn't have the requisite experience it takes to be elected governor of TX--he hasn't failed at numerous businesses and been bailed out because of the family name; he hasn't scammed a hundred million bucks or so and abused eminent domain to build a private stadium; he hasn't done any insider training;he hasn't led a state down to near the bottom in education, health care, and environmental quality; he doesn't have spinmeisters to set up shadowy front groups who throw out phony charge against opponents. Obviously he doesn't have the qualities Texans look for in their governors.
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:36 pm
Where's Ann Richards, now that we could really use her? Again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 11:07 pm
I liked Ann Richards a lot. Too bad she won't be back.
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 11:25 pm
sheesh, make that "insider trading"
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 06:58 pm
Anyone see the 60 Minutes segment on Kinky Friedman this evening? Very entertaining! They showed clips of his old band (Kinky and the Texas Jew Boys) singing They Don't Make Jews Like Jesus Anymore.

He discussed his platform a bit...he's for prayer in public schools, wants to put the Ten Commandments back onto public property, is for gay marriage, against immigration (at least, he said he wants to close the borders ... Ed Bradley disclosed this info - not Kinky directly).

His campaign manager was interviewed (the one who successfully managed Jesse Ventura's campaign) and says his strategy is to have Kinky "just be himself".

His friendships with Clinton and Dubya were profiled, along with some of his high-profile friends (Willie Nelson, etc.), and his books were mentioned.

He played guitar and sang one of his original songs at a rally - compared himself to Jesus (very amusing...not offensive at all (although Ed Bradley asked him if he thought some people were offended)...said they're both Jewish and both traveled around irritating people LOL).

He said he's quite certain if people have a third choice besides Republican and Democrat (meaning I guess if he can get on the ballot) they'll vote for him.

I doubt he'll have much trouble getting the 45,000 signatures he needs between March and May. Quite a charismatic individual, Kinky appears to be.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 07:54 pm
I keep thinking Kicky is running...
0 Replies