political jokes

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:50 pm
Political Puppies
A kid was sitting on his lawn with a box of newborn puppies when George Bush came by on his morning run. Bush asked the boy what the puppies were.

The boy replied, "Republicans."

The president beamed, patted the boy on the head and said, "Thatta boy!"

A few weeks later, Bush was jogging again, this time with Dick Cheney. Bush stopped at the boy's house, winked at Dick and said, "Hey kid, what kind of puppies are in the box?"

This time the boy said, "Democrats."

Bush looked crushed and said, "What happened? A few weeks ago they were Republicans!"

"Well," the boy said, "That was before they opened their eyes..."

0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:04 pm
That's a great one -- so copy and pasted in an E mail for my address book.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 08:35 am
Quote:
A republic of jokes

[..] for all the horrors and conflicts of the Middle East, it is a rich ground for political jokes [..]. Among my recommendations was the book Arab Political Humour by Iraqi author Khalid Kishtainy (a worthy companion to the volume by Steven Lukes and Itzhak Galnoor, No Laughing Matter: a collection of political jokes). [..] My Arab, Turkish and Iranian students all liked Khalid's book; so did the Israelis. But for the Europeans and Americans it was impenetrable, and in a certain way far too serious.

One Iraqi story Khalid told me involved a conversation between God and the Archangel Gabriel. Gabriel wanted to please God; what could he do? God replied that, following George W. Bush's "axis of evil" speech, he wanted Gabriel to go down to earth, find Saddam and assassinate him. Gabriel duly set off, but at the first armed checkpoint near Saddam's palace, he was seized, taken to prison and badly tortured by Saddam and his guards. When Gabriel finally returned to heaven, he told God what had happened, and God replied: "I am glad you made it back here, but I hope you didn't tell Saddam who sent you".

[..] One last thought from an Iraqi recently returned from Baghdad. Asked about the security situation in Iraq, he replied: "Well, the overall security situation is terrible. You know, even the president got himself arrested!"

Link: Looking back on Saddam Hussein
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:19 am
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5795/candidatesnh9.jpg
0 Replies