Tucker Carlson out at Fox News

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 11:43 am
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/24/media/tucker-carlson-fox-news/index.html

Quote:
Fox News and Tucker Carlson, the right-wing extremist who hosted the network’s highly rated 8pm hour, have severed ties, the network said in a stunning announcement Monday.

Monday’s shocking announcement that Fox had parted ways with Carlson appeared to come abruptly.

Just prior to the network’s announcement, Fox had been promoting on its air a Monday night interview by Carlson with GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy. And on Carlson’s Friday show, he concluded the program saying “we’ll be back on Monday.”

Completely surprised here. Hard to believe this is related to the Dominion settlement has other players who were more aggressive in pushing the Dominion lie are still there. Could be due to the sexual harassment suit ongoing, or maybe Carlson was loose with criticism of Fox executives in some of those released emails. I'm sure Carlson will land somewhere else in the right wing ecosystem and continue to spread his opinions, but really surprised this afternoon
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 1,816 • Replies: 32

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 11:53 am
@engineer,
What are the Vegas odds on where he'll end up? OAN? Newsmax? Breitbart? Lucifer's personal PR agency?
hightor

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 12:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
Congress?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 12:26 pm
@hightor,
What hellhole district/red state would he be gunning for?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 02:29 pm
Don Lemon is probably taking his job now!

Tucker is toast! He'll have his own radio show now, filling Rush Limbaugh's shoes!
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 03:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Don Lemon is probably taking his job now!

Isn't Don Lemon TOO liberal to take a spot at Fox News? Unless he's pulling a full Juan Williams, former newscaster from NPR?
Mame

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 03:18 pm
With him gone, won't they lose a lot of viewers? Sorry, I don't watch the show but have been reading what a large audience they have, so I'm unsure if his departure will that big of a deal to their ratings.

Is Laura Ingraham next? Or the producers?

Will Fox change its slant/tone a bit?
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 07:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
He's liberal, but money talks in the end.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 07:46 pm
@Mame,
They should close down Fox News or rename it to "The other view" - since "The View" is already a morning chitchat show.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 06:59 am
@Mame,
I doubt Fox will lose any viewers. This is their "news" fix and they aren't going anywhere. Other Fox broadcasters have fallen out of favor and disappeared. Remember Glenn Beck? Bill O'Reilly? Where is Megyn Kelly these days?
Every broadcaster thinks they are bigger than the network that made them and to this point, every one of them has been wrong.
revelette1

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 08:18 am
It will be interesting to see if Tucker fades into obscurity or not, like the others mentioned. Somehow, I have my doubts.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 09:04 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

He's liberal, but money talks in the end.

He's an openly black man. I'm sure the Fox News audience will count that as three strikes (somehow) against him).
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 09:07 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

It will be interesting to see if Tucker fades into obscurity or not, like the others mentioned. Somehow, I have my doubts.

Personally, I'd find it interesting if he spontaneously combusted than implode into a single atom sized black hole.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 09:39 am
@tsarstepan,
https://crooksandliars.com/2023/04/kremlintv-offers-tucker-carlson-job

KremlinTV Offers Tucker Carlson A Job

One global news network has already extended a welcome: the Russian state television channel RT.

https://crooksandliars.com/2023/04/kremlintv-offers-tucker-carlson-job

By Ed Scarce — April 25, 2023

News of Tucker Carlson's abrupt departure from Fox News had barely broken when at least one Russian state television channel offered him a job. RT is Russia's English language channel that up until their war in Ukraine was shown in 140 countries around the world. It is now banned in the United States and elsewhere which makes Carlson's appearance there highly doubtful.

Source: New York Times

Tucker Carlson’s departure from Fox News sparked a flurry of speculation about where he might land next. Given his prominence and popularity, the host could very likely have his pick of conservative news outlets — or create his own platform.

One global news network has already extended a welcome: the Russian state television channel RT.

In a post on its English language account Monday on Twitter, RT invited Mr. Carlson to “question more” with the network, using one of its slogans. Mr. Carlson’s commentaries have been regularly parroted in Russian state media, including conspiracy theories that reflect Russian views of the world.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 07:43 am
I think perhaps I was making predictions yesterday in ignorance. Maybe got carried away with myself. I guess I was just shocked someone so popular on Fox News got fired.

Do you think the Dominion lawsuit had a lot to do with it? In any case, all in all, who cares? I never watch it anyway, and it is good to get him off the air, regardless of how long that last.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 08:56 am
https://claytoonz.files.wordpress.com/2023/04/cjonesrgb04272023.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 09:00 am
@revelette1,
Tucker finally exposed Fox to more liability than the value he brought in. Never thought my old man would sell his '78 Buick, either but it just got too expensive.

Fox may think that by cleaning house he might be able to show he's turned a new leaf.

https://image.caglecartoons.com/274014/600/right-replacement-theory.png
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 09:26 am
https://image.caglecartoons.com/274010/600/fox-news-and-tucker-carlson.png
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 09:33 am
https://i0.wp.com/www.dailycartoonist.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/crjde230425.png
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 11:32 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Do you think the Dominion lawsuit had a lot to do with it?

Maybe, but Carlson wasn't the worst of the Fox team on the Dominion stuff. Pirro and Bartiromo were all in and they are still at Fox. I guess there could be more Fox announcements, but I think Carlson was more to do with the sexual harassment stuff or the combination.