I Still Don't Get How Anti-Bush = Unpatriotic

McGentrix

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:29 am
PDiddie wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Why jump to the conclusion that cj's assessment of you was solely based on your immediately prior post?

I didn't jump to any conclusions.

His accusation is nothing but another in a nasty series of ad hominem posts, unworthy of further response from me or defense from you.

LOL!!!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:48 am
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 12:28 pm
Re: Poll: Many Back Right to Protest Iraq War
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
most americans realize that denying someone the right to free speech and to assemble peacefully is a sword that cuts in both directions.

but as we know, the way that you ask things in a poll determines the tenor of the results, doesn't it ?

A solid majority of the public agrees with Bush's stance on staying in Iraq. Six in 10 in the poll support keeping troops in Iraq until it is stabilized rather than pulling them out now.

this is a good example of what i mean.

if they were to call me and ask "do you feel that america should finish the job in iraq or abandon the mission immediately?", my response would be tallied as "we should finish the job".

however, what that poll would not tell you about my opinion is my firm belief that we need to take the training wheels off the thing by the end of the year, withdraw from the everyday peace keeping and insist that the iraqis take resonsibility. then schedule the pull out for the end of summer 2006.

the argument that an exit date would give the insurgency anything is really kind of a red herring.

unless americans are willing to keep the 138,000+ people (and probably more... hello draft..) in perpetuity, the insurgents already know that we will pull out at some point. it's their country. they've got nothing but time.

so the iraqi government must now, today, get on the bike and learn to fix it while riding.
0 Replies