I Still Don't Get How Anti-Bush = Unpatriotic

McGentrix

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:43 am
Being anti-bush is not unpatriotic. Spitting on the flag because it represents Bush is unpatriotic. Burning effigies of Bush is unpatriotic. Continuously harping on the fact that one finds the USA to be a horrible place is unpatriotic. Sabatoging government events is unpatriotic.

Being anti-Bush is very American. He is just another politician. It's how you act upon your thoughts that determines whether one is patriotic or not.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:47 am
The flag doesn't represent the Shrub, so that little manufactured bit of horsie poop is as meaningless as most of your hateful "contributions." Suggesting that people here "harp" on the theme that the United States is a horrible place is a strawman, for which you provide no support. I rather suspect that your reference to government events is rallies for the Shrub at which dissenters have been driven away, often illegally. Campaign rallies are not government events.

All in all, another McG tour de force in hyperbole, fantasy and contempt for anyone who dissents from the double-think of the neocon.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:53 am
Oh look, another unasked for edition of "Setanta Knows All!" Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:54 am
You screwed up the goofy emoticon, McG, but surely you can fix that with an edit . . .
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:58 am
There's a lot the Left doesn't "get". That's why they lost, why they'll continue to lose and why their so-called "stands" ring hollow.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:42 am
The left gets it all right. There just aren't enough of us to vote change without the fence straddlers, who vote like sheep instead of thinking humans.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:00 pm
JustWonders wrote:
There's a lot the Left doesn't "get". That's why they lost, why they'll continue to lose and why their so-called "stands" ring hollow.
I think I'ts what the right doesn't "get". That's why they won, but there "getting" it now and there "getting" it bad, As everything shows. All the polls, All the papers, etc,etd shows Americas remorse and our condition show there mistake. We told them so. Maybe next time the'll listen
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:03 pm
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:14 pm
edgar, thats a good one. Maybe the right should enlist since the enlistment numbers show there the only one's that "get" it. Apparently less and less people are "getting" it.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:48 pm
dlowan wrote:
I - sadly - agree.

I think he suffers from Nixonian grade isolation.

the state of the union is very much like the the days of the nixon presidency, from what i remember.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:56 pm
JustWonders wrote:

happy sunday, j.w.

no sniping on this thread, please. (every other thread, sure ! but since i boxed myself in on this one, i'm hiding my frustration beneath a thin veneer of sanctimonius righteousness. Laughing )

here's your chance. what is it that non-bush supporters "don't get" ? how is it that if you are against bush, you are unpatriotic ?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 01:49 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

happy sunday, j.w.

no sniping on this thread, please. (every other thread, sure ! but since i boxed myself in on this one, i'm hiding my frustration beneath a thin veneer of sanctimonius righteousness. Laughing )

here's your chance. what is it that non-bush supporters "don't get" ? how is it that if you are against bush, you are unpatriotic ?

Sundays are always happy Smile

I have never said being against Bush is unpatriotic. Matter of fact, I have no problem with "demonstrators" ... even the ones in Crawford.

This particular demonstration (the one in Crawford) is sure to backfire, though, and that's the part the Left "doesn't get".

Wait and see. Smile
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:06 pm
JustWonders wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

happy sunday, j.w.

Sundays are always happy Smile

I have never said being against Bush is unpatriotic. Matter of fact, I have no problem with "demonstrators" ... even the ones in Crawford.

This particular demonstration (the one in Crawford) is sure to backfire, though, and that's the part the Left "doesn't get".

Wait and see. Smile

as a matter of fact, i do not think i have seen you say that. but we know that a lot of others have, right ?

do you have any idea where they're coming from ?

the crawford gathering ? hmmm, hard to say for me. i get the point, a lot of others get the point. it appears to have put a little umph in the anti-war movement. even if some of us aren't of the opinion that the u.s. should pull out first thing tomorrow, i/we believe that it has been handled so badly by the admin and the pentagon that it will never turn out the way that was represented. and it really does look to me like it will end in either a theocracy, a heavily islamic constitution or civil war. none of which is good for the iraqis and will be horrible for the united states.

but as the 2004 election showed, people are fickle. it seems like america is generally fearful and only a terror alert away from a temporary swing to the hard right.

so, although i don't think you're positively correct on the effort backfiring, it is possible and wouldn't surprise me much.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:58 am
I'm drunk. Bush is an a****le. Goodnight.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:57 pm
Was searching for information on something else and this was the first item that came up in my query:

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/robertlafollette.htm

Thought you all might find it interesting.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:05 pm
Anti-Bush = Unpatriotic?

Some people think all it takes is an eyeroll.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 11:06 pm
BBB
bm
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:23 pm
PDiddie wrote:
Anti-Bush = Unpatriotic?

the whole "unpatriotic", "hate america", "out of the mainstream" schtick is complete hogwash, anyway.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:55 pm
PDiddie wrote:
Anti-Bush = Unpatriotic?

Why jump to the conclusion that cj's assessment of you was solely based on your immediately prior post? Isn't it likely he thought that about you prior to that post?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 05:43 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Why jump to the conclusion that cj's assessment of you was solely based on your immediately prior post?

I didn't jump to any conclusions.

His accusation is nothing but another in a nasty series of ad hominem posts, unworthy of further response from me or defense from you.
0 Replies