Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2023 11:38 pm
How do we in the, voter bloc being the majority, change the politics of our precious country?

Primaries screw those who think.

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 12:55 am
@chrisb555,
Quote:
How do we in the, voter bloc being the majority, change the politics of our precious country?

1. What do you mean when you say the voter bloc being the majority?
2. What is your definition?
3. I suspect that different people may have different definitions.

Quote:
Primaries screw those who think.

1. I disagree with this particular statement.
2. I personally believe that primaries are important.
3. I'm not saying that primaries don't have flaws.
4. People can debate what changes they would make to make the primaries better.
5. People can also agree or disagree on what they think those changes should be.
6. People can also debate not to make any changes to the primaries.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 01:50 am
@chrisb555,
Quote:
Us in the MIDDLE

1. This term is (subjective).

2. Different people have different definitions of what is considered the
far right,
far left,
center left,
center right,
left of center,
left of right,
or the middle.

3. The alignment of how each is define is always changing.

4. Even if one were to agree on the definition of what is the middle, that can also be discarded.

5. Someone can be in the defined middle on certain issues, while simultaneously being on the left or the right on some issues.

6. If someone is on the left or the right on (some) issues, by default they are not in the middle.

7. I have never came across any person who is in the so-called middle on every single issue.

8. Some people might call themselves independents.

9. But, even the term independent doesn't necessarily mean the middle.

10. Someone might be independent because their political party is not far enough to the right or not far enough to the left.

11. Some people are independents because they want to pull the democrats further to the left.

12. Some people are independents because they want to pull the republicans more to the right.
Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 02:21 am
@chrisb555,
The following is just what I (believe) to be the case:

1. I believe that on (most) issues, the (majority) is somewhere on the left side of the political spectrum.

2. The left side can be anywhere from the far left, center left, to the left of center.

3. I consider myself (somewhere) on the left on (virtually) every issue.

4. On some very specific and narrowly described issues, I might be right of center.

5. But, those particular issues are few.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 03:49 am
@Real Music,
Very much so. The Democrat party is closest to the Conservative party.

The Republicans are far right.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 07:38 am
@izzythepush,
Accurate descriptions, both Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama seemed moderate, pro-business Republicans.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 07:40 am
@chrisb555,
******* vote. If our vote was really meaningless, they would not be working so hard to steal it; they be giving us more votes as bread and circuses.
0 Replies

chrisb555

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2023 09:33 pm
@chrisb555,
@RealMusic. How do we in the, voter bloc being the majority, change the politics of our precious country? I mean the middle, the independents that are registered, but are more in the middle than the primary voters might reflect. I am a centrist, a replublican, though that is getting harder to stomach these days. I tend to believe in strong national defense, limited federal government and strong state and local government. I like the idea of the people living in an area deciding what they want versus being told what is ok. There are a lot of but what ifs in that which I would lean left on or right on, but I do believe in the idea of states coming together to form a union for the protection of the states, not the idea of a single state. Perhaps that is an antiquated idea, but it feels right to me.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2023 10:36 am
@chrisb555,
You don't want to live in a Democracy, you want to live in a lukewarm bowl of pablum. How do you plan to maintain your mediocracy, mandatory Valium?
0 Replies