What Noble Cause Did Casey Sheehan Die For?

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:50 am
Bush won't answer it so maybe his supporters can.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 12,320 • Replies: 326
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 10:35 am
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03311/237683.stm

Speech dated November 2003.

You can agree or disagree with his position. However,don't EVER let your blind hatred get in the way of objective analysis.

You may want to give this to the Mommy so she can at least be aware of what his position is.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 10:37 am
My hatred is deep, but not blind.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 10:40 am
BTW, thanks to his Mom, Casey is having a national influence in a noble cause.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 10:46 am
Having read the text of the speech, and having noted that there is not a single mention of Casey Sheehan, it becomes clear that the contention that the Shrub elucidated the noble cause for which it is alleged Mr. Sheehan died is inferential. The text of the speech is as full of fantasy and self-serving distortion as is the rant of any neo-conservative who thinks to justify pre-emptive war for venal purposes. It certainly does not constitute a realistic answer to Chrisee's question.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:01 am
Without the war bush wouldn't have served a second term. Without a second term, he woudn't have gotten to ride his cool new 21 speed with Lance Armstrong....
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:35 pm
Where are the usual suspects?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:17 pm
Well, I doubt that any of you really want to discuss the topic. You probably want to talk to other people who agree with you to maintain your false sense that you're correct.

Didn't Bush say like a bazillion times that we invaded Iraq to insure that all of its WMD and programs had been destroyed? Why do you say that the president won't tell you why he sent these soldiers to war when he actually stated his reasons repeatedly?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:18 pm
What's so noble about that?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:25 pm
PDiddie wrote:

Had Hussein simply been hiding WMD and/or development programs, a few years down the road, one of these WMD might have ended hundreds of thousands of lives. Preventing that would be very noble.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:31 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
PDiddie wrote:

Had Hussein simply been hiding WMD and/or development programs, a few years down the road, one of these WMD might have ended hundreds of thousands of lives. Preventing that would be very noble.

And if wishes were diamonds, I would be rich.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:34 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
PDiddie wrote:

And if wishes were diamonds, I would be rich.

It's easy to make a crack without stating an argument. Since you're in the right, according to you, what is your actual argument? What part of what I said is false?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:34 pm
If my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle.

How noble would that be, Brandon?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:35 pm
PDiddie wrote:
If my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle.

How noble would that be, Brandon?

I assume that if you were able to counter my logic, you would have.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:36 pm
You don't have any logic. You offer supposition, which has already been disproven.

Pretty ignoble.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:45 pm
PDiddie wrote:
You don't have any logic. You offer supposition, which has already been disproven.

Pretty ignoble.

You're afraid of my argument, or else you would debate it. My argument is:

1. Contrary to the initial posts in this thread, Bush has stated clearly why he sent these men to war, and his reason involved resolution of the Iraq WMD issue.
2. The nobe part is that if Hussein had still had the weapons and/or development programs, a WMD might have been used in the not too distant future in a populated area involving massive loss of life.

Either tell me in a clear way, without all the posturing, which part of this is wrong, or just run away as usual from logic you can't fight.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:53 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
2. The nobe part is that if Hussein had still had the weapons and/or development programs, a WMD might have been used in the not too distant future in a populated area involving massive loss of life.

Either tell me in a clear way, without all the posturing, which part of this is wrong, or just run away as usual from logic you can't fight.

#2 above, what you call the "nobe" part, is what's wrong, silly. It's FALSE. It's a 'what if' that has been discovered to be untrue. You cannot be so blinded by your partisanship that you cannot see this.

And no rational person can exist so deeply in denial.

We'll start over: what's noble about dying for a lie?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:54 pm
What noble cause does this thread serve?

Casey Sheehan died doing what he believed in. He died doing the job he swore an oath to do and a job that he knew had risks. He died defending the freedoms and liberties that you use to attack his commander in chief.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 08:03 pm
Yes, if Casey Sheehan had somehow died defending my (or your) 1st Amendment rights, then that would have been dying for a noble cause.

But that's not at all what he died for. Not even close.

Focus.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 08:03 pm
PDiddie wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

#2 above, what you call the "nobe" part, is what's wrong, silly. It's FALSE. It's a 'what if' that has been discovered to be untrue. You cannot be so blinded by your partisanship that you cannot see this.

And no rational person can exist so deeply in denial.

We'll start over: what's noble about dying for a lie?

The repeated statement that I am wrong, in denial, etc. without an argument is of no significance.

You have stated that you believe my argument #2 is incorrect. Okay. Argument #2 says that if Hussein had still had or still been working on WMD, one might have been used sometime in the next few years resulting probably in massive casualties. Your disagreement amounts to the argument that if Hussein had still had or been working on WMD, one would nonetheless not have been used sometime in the next few years, or that being used, it would likely not have resulted in massive casualties. Why do you think this?
0 Replies