Denile of communications between family members

Sat 4 Feb, 2023 07:25 pm
So I have a great-aunt. This great aunt was living inside of her home but since her kid came back he decided to put her inside a "home" that was paid for. Apparently she has memory problems from low and or high blood-sugar. The family sent her a pre-paid phone, but since then they have been unable to use it aside the one time they called to make sure the phone was functional. I know she does not have to wear it around her neck like a dog and could be kept in her pockets or near her.

Does a persons kid have the right to close off communications between there families, even if they have full control over that persons lives? ( probably considered Incompetent or disabled on paper )

I find it to be inhuman or probably cause for carrying out a court-case against them? In terms of of "cruelty". They say that just by being near people, or even hearing their voices you could actually extends peoples lives, by promoting there morale, confidence, and thus lowering stress and negativity. I feel it is horrible enough

I have seen lazy people who just opt to take their family out of their property and put them inside of a home for elderly people while they themselves still live on the property.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 411 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

izzythepush

Sun 5 Feb, 2023 05:45 am
@PoliteMight,
My father is in a similar situation, there's no point calling his mobile phone. It's a consequence of aging.

You've not had "communication closed off," you can still phone the home or arrange a visit.
0 Replies