Football - QBs

Mame

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2023 04:11 pm
Somehow yesterday I discovered Patrick Mahomes. It was on the internet or Youtube - don't ask my how or why because I'm not a football fan. So, I started watching videos of him, his life and background, the way he plays, etc. I read that he was drafted by some MLB team (he apparently had a 96 mph throw) and that he was also very good at basketball.

I've heard what some football greats think about him (Namath, Brady, Rodgers, and others) and am wondering what you football fans here think of him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 368 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2023 04:52 pm
@Mame,
He’s a one-of-a-kind talent who has ice-water running in his veins. When he has been well defended in a particular play, he’ll throw the ball sidearm like a baseball player…like a shortstop (one of his other athletic talents). When or if he’s playing in the SB, it’ll be hard to stop him.
Mame

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2023 06:36 pm
@Ragman,
Just found out they're playing Cincinnati and have the game on now... three field goals for far, lol. I love Doug Flutie - 5'9, the BC Hail Mary... he's a legend in Canada
Mame

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2023 06:42 pm
@Mame,
Well, a Kelce touchdown!

So far, so good. Eek, this is why I don't usually watch games - too tense.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2023 06:57 pm
@Ragman,

agreed.

i remember watching his dad pitch for the Mets in the late 90's, so the sports pedigree is definitely there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZBUmm3KvZM
0 Replies