Ant Baits

gollum

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 01:49 pm
I bought a package of ant baits. The way each bait package is constructed, you don't see the dead insect.

So how do you know whether the bait package is working?

View best answer, chosen by gollum
engineer
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 02:06 pm
@gollum,
Baits do not kill the ants directly. The workers take the bait into the nest and feed it to the queen who dies and then the entire nest dies. You will know it worked when you stop seeing ants.
RPhalange

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 03:51 pm
If you do have a lot of ants you should spy them going into the "house" and even carry out the bait. They will tell their friends where the "food" is and you should see more and more ants going to the trap.

I live on the second floor and have a small balcony. Once I came home to find a trail of ants coming into my apartment from the balcony. I looked out and I could see them walking from the side of the building across my balcony and coming into my apartment - I put a few of those traps in their line of traffic and after a couple of days - no more ants.

I still wonder how they came to make a trail into my apartment? I am not that messy where there is garbage all over that they could smell or something.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 04:03 pm
What you need are individual ant traps so you can check and retrieve the body for arcane ritualistic ant magick.

You will need a lot of them mind.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 04:13 pm
@engineer,
I never knew that!
Glennn

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 04:27 pm
@roger,
You can also hold the queen for ransom and force the workers to give in to your demands. For instance, you might force them to go after the mice in your house, making life a living hell for them until they give up residence.
engineer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 04:27 pm
@roger,
Here in fire ant country, you can just sprinkle a bit on top of an ant hill and watch the workers swarm to carry it down into the nest. Two days later, everything is gone and the nest is collasping.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 08:06 pm
@Glennn,
I. Wouldn’t do that ‘cause you might antagonize them.
Glennn

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 09:05 pm
@Ragman,
You blindfold the queen, hold her up above the masses of workers, and then threaten to sterilize her if they don't get the hell away. Once they see that you hold all the cards and that you mean business, their loyalty to the queen will override everything else.

You can also put the queen inside a fine-mesh tea ball on a long string and slowly pull it down your driveway and across the road to a dogless neighbor's house . . . at night, and leave it somewhere in the higher grass.
0 Replies