How to get rid of spiders?

Linkat

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:27 am
In and around our new house we have lots of spiders. I understand they are great little creatures and are wonderful and have cool webs and stuff. But they are creepy. And I don't want them in my house or around the house.

We are constantly killing these creatures and knocking down webs within the house and right around the house. I have never lived with so many. They are on our deck and like to build webs that attach to our plants. Can't they just go live in the woods that surround our house - there is plenty of room to live out there and probably more bugs to catch...

Any way - does anyone know a good product or something to use to entice these creatures to move into the woods, outside and away from the perimeter of our house?

eurocelticyankee

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:38 am
@Linkat,
I know you can buy a plug in spider repeller or spider spray.
http://www.primrose.co.uk/advanced-spider-repeller-whole-house-p-1277.html?cPath=24_147l&source=googleads&gclid=CMaYmo2f-7ECFcpA4QodNToAcw

But I would have no idea of the brands available in your neck of the woods.
Linkat

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:42 am
@eurocelticyankee,
That's interesting - I will have to see what is available here in the US. Now just what would I use for right around the outside of the house?
eurocelticyankee

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 07:54 am
@Linkat,
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 08:06 am
@Linkat,
In an average household in Germany, there are about 300 spiders it is said.
Those I see are hovered (vacuum-cleaned) away.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 08:56 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
probably more bugs to catch...

you've likely got spiders because you've got good bugs for them to catch and eat

if you get rid of the spiders you'll have more bugs (and bats)
Linkat

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:03 am
@ehBeth,
we already have tons of bats. I like watching them fly early evening its cool. I don't mind the bats. Bats aren't creepy - spiders are.

But I don't like the spider webs in my house - makes it seem unclean. And just around the perimeter of the house as in on my deck and windows.
roger

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:30 am
@Linkat,
It sounds like your pet centipede is lying down on the job. Replace the centipede, and you should soon be spider free.

Sure hope you like centipedes.
Linkat

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:46 am
@roger,
I think instead I'll just invade my home with chemicals and kill all those suckers.

The damn dog is useless he doesn't even bother with the spiders, but the poor bunnies outside another story.
0 Replies

nextone

Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:47 am
@Linkat,
" I know an old lady who swallowed a bird."
0 Replies

firefly

Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:53 pm
@Linkat,
0 Replies

Sara32

Wed 20 Mar, 2013 09:19 am
@Linkat,
I have faced the same problem as yours. I have use Spider EX 300ml Aerosol Spider Killer in my house and around my house and they are now just few at some places. This product is really effective.
0 Replies