Best mouse trap

Mon 13 Jun, 2022 09:26 am
For actually catching mice rather than the game or play. We have plenty of cats around but all they do is **** in the garden. Put down 4 of the classic wooden traps last night. This morning they are all cleaned of bait but unsprung. Mice 4, me 0

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 651 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

Region Philbis

Mon 13 Jun, 2022 10:17 am
@Teyari33,

you could try a few of those plug-in pest repellers.

we had a brazen mouse in the kitchen who was not very afraid of us.

after plugging them in, it was gone the following day...
0 Replies

Mame

Mon 13 Jun, 2022 11:17 am
@Teyari33,
We used those sticky pads which worked great. Very sad to say they either died of fright or we had to drown them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 13 Jun, 2022 12:40 pm
There is a hole in the trigger part of a trap. Try putting a string or a bread tie through the hole and then use it to tie down the bait. Bread tie works best for me.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 14 Jun, 2022 07:21 am
@Teyari33,
There's a technique to placing mousetraps, as well. Mice have established runs along walls. Even unbaited traps will catch them if placed back-to-back along the runs; running mice will get trapped from either direction. I've set up boards that direct them into this "runway of death". Also, (dumb question) are you sure you set the traps correctly? Are they the ones with the plastic bait trays or is the mechanism all metal? I think the latter are more sensitive and a bit harder to set.
0 Replies

Benson-In-A-Box

Fri 13 Jan, 2023 12:10 pm
@Teyari33,
I thought we had a mouse last winter. Considered him harmless and put down live traps until holes started spontaneously appearing in my dishwasher drain line. Then I was done trying to spare him.

At that point I went and bought two four packs of these:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Victor-Mousetrap.jpg/1200px-Victor-Mousetrap.jpg

Baited then with peanut butter and set them by the drain hose they’d chewed holes in. Turns out a mouse was 4 mice, and the traps were amazing. Took 3 days and my mouse problem was solved.
0 Replies

JeemVL

Wed 28 Jun, 2023 06:05 am
@Teyari33,
Sometimes traditional traps might not do the trick, especially if the mice are avoiding them.
0 Replies