Some positives about Dubya, please!

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 07:48 pm
Many people who participate in A2k seem to write unfavorable posts about Dubya. I am one of them. He is the least of my favorite presidents. My personal memory of presidents goes all the way back to Harry Truman, so I've seen quite a few of them.

I thought it would be a good idea and take off my blinders. So, this thread is for those who like the Dubya presidency to post their positive reasons for liking the man.

If you have an overall negative opinion of Dubya, as I do, please save your post for elsewhere. I want to know how many Dubya fans we have out there.

Positive posts about the president are welcomed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,159 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 07:52 pm
I like the fact that he works to undo some negative things he did for political reasons.

e.g. the steel tarrifs.

A small lobby made creating those tariffs politically desireable for him.

But he then exempted so many people so as to make the action somewhat null.

That is a fine way to nuance. The steel workers cried foul but not as loudly as they would if he hadn't been protectionist.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 12:10 am
Bookmark
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 02:09 am
I really like the fact that he is yours and not ours.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 02:46 am
Positives!
Mr. Bush is definitely making it easier for us to improve the world.
I have so many ideas how I can be useful and helpful, now.

Also, his actions are truly encouraging everybody to think.
The next votor turnout should be much bigger than before.

Also, my whole life I've been an atheist. Now I pray to God daily, just in case.
I am exercising my "hope muscles" very strenuously, and becoming stronger for it.

With Mr. Bush in office, this is a wonderful opportunity for us to
make new friends, create more flexible alliances, with newfound determination,
and restore American citizen's interest in the Constitution.
He is bringing people from all over the world together, in song, art,
creative expression, empathy and support, like never before.

Quite an education! And source of motivation!
You may laugh at me but the fact is ... these things ARE true.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 05:36 am
I'm with Eve.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:02 am
He is loved, adored, admired and worshipped by so many at home and overseas. Weapons manufacturers, oil company executives, Republican politicians, Afghan drug lords, Tony Blair, residents of mental institutions and undertakers. To name but a few.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:08 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:40 am
He positively is the dumbest human ever to hold the office of president of the United States.

He positively is undermining long established values of this country.

He positively is bringing dishonor to the office he holds -- and I positively cannot think of another president who has done more in that regard.

I like Eve and Gezzy's take on this.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:25 am
Frank stole my thunder...

I'm positive he's a moron, a "dry drunk", and a very dangerous man to the welfare of children all over the planet.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:28 am
Any truth to the rumour that he is planning to prove, once and for all, that he is not dumb, by going on television and counting up to ten? Cool
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:46 am
John Webb wrote:
Any truth to the rumour that he is planning to prove, once and for all, that he is not dumb, by going on television and counting up to ten? Cool

COMMENT:

Marginally true at best.

The rumor was started by Donald Rumsfeld and Laura Bush working in concert -- but they're holding off actually going through with it. Apparently they are not sure he can pull it off.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:48 am
Apparently Rumsfeld was overheard saying:

"If I learned anything from those goddam gloves not fitting OJ -- it is that if you're not sure what is going to happen, hold off."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:50 am
Ah, let's see.... Evil or Very Mad Shocked Rolling Eyes Question Question Question Arrow Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Embarrassed Exclamation 2 Cents Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 03:08 pm
He's got a lot of hair, and a funny walk. And he's widely recognized all over the world, gets his picture in the paper, and has made it into a lot of political cartoons. Along the way he's also managed to do what some other people want to do but can't - lose his family. Anybody know where they are, except for patient, dutiful Laura waiting by the copter?
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:20 pm
This is easy...he is teaching geography to Americans...the only way they learn about foreign countries is if there is a war.

He has helped align France, Germany, Russia and China against us. Who would have thunk it?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:27 pm
vnn, Ya gotta give credit where credit is due. Yup, he's teaching almost everybody in this world where Iraq is located. Betcha, tho, that 50 percent of the people couldn't identify Iraq on a world map. LOL c.i.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:32 pm
regarding his parenting I am pretty sure his daughters have never been CONVICTED of a crime.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:42 pm
In this country, that's what counts; no convictions of any crime. c.i.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:14 pm
Yup, that's right.
0 Replies