SUPPORT Cindy and OUR TROOPS! Countrywide Vigils Tonight

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 08:39 am
Moveon has a listing of vigils taking place TONIGHT to show support for Cindy Sheehan, our troops and to emphasize that we want our troops brought home from Iraq.

You can find a local vigil by entering your zip code.

We are going, along with about 15 friends.

Will you show your support?

Find a Vigil HERE
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 10,014 • Replies: 264
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 10:58 am
No. But thanks for the offer anyway.

Have a good time. And remember, all those who have already paid the price, you want their fellow soldiers to just walk away from them without you giving the least bit of thought to what happens next.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 03:52 pm
woiyo wrote:

Have a good time. And remember, all those who have already paid the price, you want their fellow soldiers to just walk away from them without you giving the least bit of thought to what happens next.

ah, woiyo claiming to know the mind of another human being again. very amusing.

You want more dead soldiers and civilians to satisfy your blood lust right?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 03:58 pm
Good deal, Squinney. There's one within walking distance of where I live, a dozen others accessible by subway.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 06:14 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
woiyo wrote:

I don't expect objective thinking from you nor do I expect you to completely think through the ramifications of just leaving now.

BTW, if this gov't had executed this war correctly, we would not be in the position we are in today.

But unfortunately, we have to deal with the realities as they are today. Not what you wish it could have been.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 01:25 pm
woiyo wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
woiyo wrote:

I don't expect objective thinking from you nor do I expect you to completely think through the ramifications of just leaving now.

BTW, if this gov't had executed this war correctly, we would not be in the position we are in today.

But unfortunately, we have to deal with the realities as they are today. Not what you wish it could have been.

this entire exchange is a stunning recreation of the vietnam era.

all that's missing is the draft and an influx of great english rock bands.

oh, and these li'l gems; "my country right or wrong" and "america. love it or leave it".

always preferred "fix it or forget it", myself.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 01:35 pm
Do the people who support her agree with her contention that Israel should get out of Palestine and that the war on terror was orchestrated by Jews?

Just want to know.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 02:13 pm
Lash wrote:
Do the people who support her agree with her contention that Israel should get out of Palestine and that the war on terror was orchestrated by Jews?

Just want to know.

seems like sharon agrees that israel should get out of palestine, considering they just vacated the gaza strip.

jews orchestrating the war on terror no. being quite influential regarding the war in iraq, certainly.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 02:50 pm
I don't think Sharon intends an exodus into the Mediterranean, as Sheehan implicitly advocates.

How does that Jews being quite influential regarding the war in Iraq go...? How'd they do that?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 03:23 pm
Lash wrote:
I don't think Sharon intends an exodus into the Mediterranean, as Sheehan implicitly advocates.

naw, i don't think he does, and don't think he should. honestly i don't get why he chose gaz. it would make more sense to ceade a portion of the left bank, and some sort of compromise regarding jerusalem. not that i think the palestinians have figured out the concept of compromise yet.

interesting to me, is that from what i've read, not one single arabic country has even entertained the idea of donating a measly acre to the establishment of a palestinian state. in fact, i believe the idea was turned down cold.

How does that Jews being quite influential regarding the war in Iraq go...? How'd they do that?

okay, don't freak out, i'm pretty staunchly pro-israel.

the jewish, or more accurately israeli, influence shows up in the connection between people like wolfowitz and their association with groups like pnac, which has a relationship with a similar group in israel called jinsa. it's a pretty convoluted landscape researching the connections. but, fascinating and worth the research to see what's going on. and, importantly, the majority of players maintain their own websites, so it's not like you only get liberal commentary and such. if you have any interest in pursuing it, i'll try to point you in the right direction.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 03:25 pm
Seems like you might want to ask her.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 03:27 pm
I will pass on this latest fiasco from moveon.org and Ms.Sheehan.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:21 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Lash wrote:

naw, i don't think he does, and don't think he should. honestly i don't get why he chose gaz. it would make more sense to ceade a portion of the left bank, and some sort of compromise regarding jerusalem. not that i think the palestinians have figured out the concept of compromise yet.

interesting to me, is that from what i've read, not one single arabic country has even entertained the idea of donating a measly acre to the establishment of a palestinian state. in fact, i believe the idea was turned down cold.

the jewish, or more accurately israeli, influence shows up in the connection between people like wolfowitz and their association with groups like pnac, which has a relationship with a similar group in israel called jinsa. it's a pretty convoluted landscape researching the connections. but, fascinating and worth the research to see what's going on. and, importantly, the majority of players maintain their own websites, so it's not like you only get liberal commentary and such. if you have any interest in pursuing it, i'll try to point you in the right direction.

DTOM--

(Hi, btw.)

The question I'm interested in is this-- Do you really think some shadowy Jewish org is unduly influencing US Presidential administrations? I know countries have lobbyests, and Israel is no different--but the way this is whispered and now said in the light of day by people who should know better represents to me a fresh and more sinister brand of anti-Jewish racism. The old brand was bad enough. Is there anything under the sun that these hateful people haven't blamed on the Jews? Since the beginning of time. I can't believe it's still going on.

Wolfowitz, Perle, PNAC, ...there are plenty of like-minded groups, people, affiliations... why is the one with Jews and Israel suddenly so suspect?

I swear, I could cry.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:53 pm
Lash wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Lash wrote:

DTOM--

(Hi, btw.)

The question I'm interested in is this-- Do you really think some shadowy Jewish org is unduly influencing US Presidential administrations? I know countries have lobbyests, and Israel is no different--but the way this is whispered and now said in the light of day by people who should know better represents to me a fresh and more sinister brand of anti-Jewish racism. The old brand was bad enough. Is there anything under the sun that these hateful people haven't blamed on the Jews? Since the beginning of time. I can't believe it's still going on.

Wolfowitz, Perle, PNAC, ...there are plenty of like-minded groups, people, affiliations... why is the one with Jews and Israel suddenly so suspect?

I swear, I could cry.

it's not that the groups are "shadowy jewish orgs". it's a coalition of like minded conservative, mostly neo-conservative groups, think tanks and lobbies who have some members that happen to be jewish. conversely, jinsa has members of the advisory board that are american and gentile, such as james woolsey.

that said, i have seen a few web sites that list when you google pnac that are decidedly anti-semetic.

those guys would be anti-semetic even if pnac and jinsa never existed.

in other words, it's not being jewish that bothers me at all, it's the tenets of the neo-conservative world view that bug.

we cool ?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 09:20 pm
We cool.

Half of that was free-style, generalized sadness.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:39 pm
Lash wrote:
We cool.

Half of that was free-style, generalized sadness.

anti-semiticism is a sad thing, indeed. don't like it much myself.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:49 pm
I'm pretty much an anti-semite (semite=A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians) In fact I'd say I am as much anti-semetic as I am anti-christian. Those Babylonians were pure hell on wheels if you ask me, but getting down to the nitty-gritty you can't beat a good ole christian snake-handler ranting in glossolalia for a hot time.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:56 pm
Has something happened, dys?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 01:13 pm
Oh you know Lash, 40 years of bad nights can turn anyone into a grouch. LOL.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 03:20 pm
If I bash you, will you laugh and join the party?
0 Replies