Headaches

JPB

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:02 pm
Hello, ashbytea. Welcome to A2K. I'm glad you found this site helpful and I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to post. The folks here are terrific. I wasn't on Estroprep but I did have menstrual migrains with other BCPs. Fortunately they responded fairly well to over-the-counter pain meds such as Advil. Do your headaches occur at certain times in the cycle to indicate they are related to the pills? And, do they respond to OTC pain meds? You can always get a second opinion from another doctor, but unless the headaches are debilitating (can't work or function) or they don't respond to OTC meds then they probably wouldn't want to put you on a preventative.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:10 am
They've gotten better but are still around. Pissy headaches, I call them. I think it might actually BE my eyes, like suggested earlier. Not from vision problems but from TED (thyroid eye disease).

I am in the process of finding and opthamologist to get my eyeballs checked out.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:49 am
I get headaches alot too, only las weekend my parents questioned me again as to why I take so many tablets/have so many headaches.

I wish I had an answer.My friend gets headaches alot too.She tinks its a tumour and has had scans and loads of doctors opinions.It may be the way you sit.
If your at a Pc all day with your neck in the same position all day it can effect your head.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:02 am
material girl,

Do you mind if I ask what you take (tablets) for your headaches? Do you wake up with the headaches? Bella Dea, do you wake up with your headaches? I have a tendency to cover my head when I sleep and the doctor said that can cause headaches. Something about not enough air or something. Don't know if it's true or not.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:20 am
My drug of choice is suluable Anadin as it never fails but that, as anadin tell me, is unavailable until Spring!!The whole country has run out.

But I did find some Boots own soluable aspirin which as thankfully just as good(after packing the medicine cupboard with every bought and triedhead tablet I could try)they are a heck of alot cheaper too only about 40p instead of £3ish for anadin!!

Yep I wake up with headaches.Sometimes I stupidly think about a headache and it appears(goodness knows how I do that).Sometimes I go to sleep with them as well, especially after drinking lots of water, it seems to do the opposite of dehydrating me.

I dont cover my head but I do tend to sleep on my side hugging a pillow, I do feel like my lungs are being crushed.
I also like to lie on my front but can never sleep like that.
I do find sleeping on my back is the best and 'refreshing'.So I will try to give that a go tonight.
Thanks for the tip.

Im trying to be sensible and ween myself of tablets unless its that time of the month when I really need them.
I had 3 weeks off over Christmas, I hardly took any then.
I think its partly fear of sitting at work with a manky headache all day and nothing to focus on except the headache.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:29 am
I mostly take BC headache powders for mine. I do have prescription pain medicines but I don't like to take them unless I have to. I do have to go to the ER maybe 3 or 4 times a year when I have a migraine for 3 to 7 days.

I have never been able to completely pin down what triggers mine. I injured my neck when I was 16 and they started then. That also started my TMJ problem. It's a matter of pinpointing triggers and eliminating them for me.

When you get your headaches Bella Dea and Material Girl, can you lay down with them? Sometimes laying down makes mine worse. Those are the ones I have to go to the ER for.

I do find it helpful talking to others about headaches because I think someone else's view can be more objective than my own and has helped me to pinpoint problem areas.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 11:15 am
I dont tend to lie down with mine except if Im trying to sleep at night, it doesnt help.I tend to walk around in a mood mumbling 'bloody headache!'
I had prescription tablets too.I wanted to give them a chance so I took them over a couple of days.
They didnt work, I was in so much pain all that time.

A list of what I think triggers my headaches:-
Strong smells like perfume
Chocolate/caffiene
fizzy drinks
If you sit at a desk and dont move your neck much it can effect your head
drinking lots of water late a night gives me a feeling of dehydration and headaches
time of the month(obviously)
0 Replies

ashbytea

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:04 am
materialgirl, thanks for the warm welcome. I have found that the best combination for my headaches is 2 naprosin and a darvocet. It's a strong mix but that seems to be the only thing to touch it. Mine are particularly dibilitaing, can't work, can't get out of bed. I used to only get 2-3 a year but since the Estrostep, it's been almost every month. Been on BCP for 15 years so I'm thinking it must be these particular pills.

Bed, Bath and Beyond has a great new eye pillow that has earplugs with it. the strap is adjustable with velcro and the eye part is great. If you are really light and sound sensitive, I highly recommend.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:08 am
Wow!You sound like your suffering.
Thanks goodness there is a combination of tablets that will make them better.

I hate taking tablets.I dont like to mess with my insides but if I have to I will.

Quite proud of myself, havnt had tablets for 3 days this week.
0 Replies

ashbytea

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:10 am
oops, sorry J_B, thank YOU for the warm welcome!
0 Replies

h3123t1c

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:05 am
@Bella Dea,
Hi my name is Daniel, i have just recently started to experience intense headaches on my right temple, the first two have waken me up in the middle of my sleep. the first one happened around 6am, the 2nd one around the same time, the 3rd one around 3:30 am, and the most recent and fourth all within 3 weeks hit me around 7pm, and im worried because they are VERY intense and i couldnt help but moan from the pain. I am a frequent computer user, could this be the source? i have a friend who LEANS INTO his 46" computer monitor and does not experience any headaches at all. please email me at [email protected] with any info
0 Replies

kirannaz

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:48 pm
@Bella Dea,
i have same pain that u had.... did u find any reason for this?
0 Replies