Cindy Sheehan's Victory

parados

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 01:24 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Oh my gosh, did I just do that? I supported a liberal on A2K???

I hope I haven't just broken any rules. Time to go home and re-read my Falwell biography while listening to Rush. Gotta get my head back on straight. Laughing

Dang it all Coastal.. There you go proving that even conservatives can be OK people... Stop it.. Just stop it..
Laughing
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 01:36 pm
I can see how that may cause much anxiety around here. So I will try to stop it. I'll put my Reagan pajamas on tonight and drink a soft drink from my Bush 1 mug. Then, just to make sure I am not pulled close to the dark side again, I will sleep with my stuffed Nixon doll clutched against me. I can only hope all this helps. If not, I'll get up tomorrow and donate an ungodly sum of money to the republican coffers. That always makes me feel better. :wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 01:51 pm
Coastal Rat
CoastalRat wrote:
I can see how that may cause much anxiety around here. So I will try to stop it. I'll put my Reagan pajamas on tonight and drink a soft drink from my Bush 1 mug. Then, just to make sure I am not pulled close to the dark side again, I will sleep with my stuffed Nixon doll clutched against me. I can only hope all this helps. If not, I'll get up tomorrow and donate an ungodly sum of money to the republican coffers. That always makes me feel better. :wink:

According to your avatar, the doll you should be snuggling with should be Ann Coulter, not Nixon because conservatives are supposed to like two men cuddling in bed. (Sorry, I couldn't resist. You really set yourself up for that one.)

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 01:56 pm
You have a point there, BBB. But my Ann Coulter doll is currently being repaired after my obviously liberal dog attacked her one day. When that happened, I did the only thing I could. I sent the doll out for repairs and shot my dog.

<I'm kidding about the dog Smile >
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 02:01 pm
Coastal Rat
CoastalRat wrote:
You have a point there, BBB. But my Ann Coulter doll is currently being repaired after my obviously liberal dog attacked her one day. When that happened, I did the only thing I could. I sent the doll out for repairs and shot my dog.

You better be kidding about the dog. Now, shooting Coulter, well, that's another thing I'd have to think about.

BBB
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:18 pm
CoastalRat wrote:

Gald you're not kidding about the doll.
Is she life sized?

...now what possible function could such a doll have?
<scratches head>
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:19 pm
Is the Ann Coulter doll filled with hot air?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:23 pm
Quote:
...now what possible function could such a doll have?
<scratches head>

Warning: not safe for work or the weak of stomach

Click here

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:37 pm
Irony completely lost on the ignorant:

Quote:
"As long as the out-of-towners know their boundaries, everyone will get along fine," Nelson said.

"People just don't like other people on their property, infringing on their rights..."

-- Sharon Nelson, Crawford resident

Quote:
"It's like company. If you had your brother-in-law in your house for five days, wouldn't it start stinking up the place?" ...

"I just want them to pack their damn tents and go where they came from."

-- Larry Mattlage, the guy who fired off his shotgun above Camp Casey

You'd think these people would understand why the Iraqis are tired of American occupation.

(Cyc, how was Crawford this weekend?)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 12:17 pm
Folks in Crawford seem to have an odd sense of what constitutes their property.

I wasn't aware that the Sheehan crowd was taking up space on these yahoos' front yards...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 12:35 pm
Quote:
(Cyc, how was Crawford this weekend?)

I, unfortunately, wouldn't know; 101 degree temperature for a few days combined with vomiting made me re-consider my travel plans. I didn't think I would be very helpful to the cause if I spread contagion throughout the camp.

But my gf and I are going this coming weekend, for sure! If you are going to go I would advise throwing a bicycle in the back of the truck if ya can; parking is about what you would expect for a town that has been mobbed by crazy liberals.

(saw a lot of Priuses (Prii?) last week though, lol)

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:41 pm
When you go, be sure to smoke dope and write poetry, Cyclops. I'm sure there'll be plenty to go around.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:51 pm
I certainly don't need to go to Crawford for that, Tico. And I stick to prose myself.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 03:53 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
When you go, be sure to smoke dope and write poetry, Cyclops. I'm sure there'll be plenty to go around.

You say that like its a bad thing.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 07:32 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Sounds like you had an interesting time Cy.

But you know, and I loathe to point this out, but I would expect that the Iraq veterans you talked to there would paint a picture of things that you would say were "simply incredible." I mean, come on, it is a war protest, right? They would not be there if they supported the ongoing efforts, so I don't think it surprising that you would get negative reports.

Of course, since I value all reports of what is going on there, I would love to have you tell us some of what you were told. I would find it interesting to hear what they had to say since nearly all I hear from the veterans I know has been pretty incredible also, but from a more positive standpoint.

What are your veteran friends saying specifically about Iraq that is positive? When were they there and what specifically did they do? An how do you know them?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 03:06 am
bm
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 03:06 am
bm
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:53 am
kickycan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

You say that like its a bad thing.

I'm sure you misread.

I believe Cyclops was born too late. I can just picture him as a radical flower-child, anti-war hippie-type, joining movements left and right (well, mainly left) .. Woodstock ... sit-ins ... singing "kumbaya" ... hand-in-hand with DTOM and Joe(yes, I was the original hippie)Nation.

http://www.sfgate.com/traveler/postcards/haight-hippie.jpg
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:59 am
And here I wear a shirt and tie to work every day. Hmm.

There are a whole generation of people like me; ones who listened to the message of the 'hippie' era without the craziness of living through it. I guess you could say that I am a moderate hippy in that I reject materialism and consumerism, believe in environmental protection and goodwill towards other men. I like the Dead but never saw em in concert Sad

You are correct that I have and will attend anti-war demonstrations; because that is the power of the people, and it is my duty as an American to excerise that power. It isn't as if my opinions matter in any other way, except for the ballot box.

Cheers, though! I always imagined you as the frowning guy who just doesn't understand why the hippies are having such a good time as he walks to work.....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:49 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
And here I wear a shirt and tie to work every day. Hmm.

I'm not saying you don't wear the uniform of the establishment, but I am saying you wish you could have run naked through a mud puddle at Woodstock.

Quote:
You are correct that I have and will attend anti-war demonstrations; because that is the power of the people, and it is my duty as an American to excerise that power. It isn't as if my opinions matter in any other way, except for the ballot box.

Peace, love, dope, "turn on, tune in, drop out" ... power to the people!. Groovy.

Quote:
Cheers, though! I always imagined you as the frowning guy who just doesn't understand why the hippies are having such a good time as he walks to work.....

Cycloptichorn

Laughing No ... you were probably right before.

I AM the stuffed shirt walking by frowning at the hippies loitering outside the courthouse desperately sucking on a cigarette for the few minutes they have during the recess of their jury trial, thinking, "There but for the grace of God ...."

But, hey .... I do like Pink Floyd. Maybe I'm a repressed pothead?
0 Replies