My best friend doesn't feel the same

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 10:10 am
Me and my current best friend have been close for about a year now, we are both girls and nearly 16 for context. She is not a very affectionate person, and sometimes I feel as though I am boring her or she doesn't want to spend time with me. Our mutual friend recently let slip that she said she feels I am putting 100% into our friendship and she doesn't necessarily want to do the same, however we often get a long extremely well, spend hours talking and laughing and enjoy each others company. When the mutual friend told me this I felt as bit needy and pathetic, as though I am putting os much effort into something that my best friend only chooses when to put in the effort. I do not want to lose her and im sure that she feels the same as we get a long extremely well, and if I drift from her I am scared that I will and that I won't find another friend that I will click with as well as we click.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 506 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Mame

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 11:15 am
@lemons200,
You shouldn't have to put 'effort' into a relationship.

I'd suggest you just take what you're getting from her and develop other friendships. There are plenty of other people out there who are like you... people change over time - what they want, who they want to be with, etc. Don't fret, and never put all your eggs in one basket. That's doomed.
bunniebby

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2022 02:58 am
@Mame,
Of course you do...?
0 Replies