No end in sight in Iraq!

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:11 pm
Baldimo wrote:
As I have stated I'm Italian so I'm not really white. In the world of construction in San Diego if you're not Mexican then you're white unless of course you're black and there are very few blacks in construction in San Diego. I don't consider myself white and neither does my wife.

Hahahaha!!! How convenient for you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:16 pm
I made no personal remarks about any member until Rayban showed up and wished that i were damned. As usual, having smeared the thread, he has run off. And he's left you holding the bag. How very entertaining.

Now you write: "In the world of construction in San Diego if you're not Mexican then you're white unless of course you're black and there are very few blacks in construction in San Diego. I don't consider myself white and neither does my wife." How odd, in the Immigration thread, you wrote: "Living in Boston gives you a different perspective on the issue then those who live in Border States. The jobs illegals take are indeed jobs Americans would take. I know when I was working as a carpenter I couldn't get a job as a framer due to the fact that only illegals were getting the jobs. I would have been the only white English speaking person on a framing crew." San Diego is a hell of a long way from Boston. Seems you really have a hard time keeping your story straight. In another thread, you have contended that people mistake you for a mexican all the time, and ask you to translate Spanish for them. You really need to write this stuff down so you can keep your stories consistent and not contradict yourself so much. But i've prepared a little something for you.

[quote="On July 1, in the "Prostitution -- why is such a glorious profession illegal?" thread, Baldimo"]Its like saying all ******* listen to rap music."[/quote]

(My thanks to McG for elliptically preserving the quote, which was pulled from the thread by the moderator at my request.)

Subsequently, on July 1, in the same thread, Baldimo wrote:
To be honest I'm not white and I'm proud of that fact. Being in married to a black woman gives me a whole different perspective on these types of things then the rest of you.

[quote="However, on May 30, in the "on Illegal Immigration; Right or wrong" thread, Baldimo"]I would have been the only white English speaking person on a framing crew.[/quote]

The conclusion is inescapable. One of the last two quoted statements is a lie. It is immaterial to me which one that is. Every time Baldimo wants to bring this up, and make the false claim that i have called him a liar (i've only pointed out that these two mutually exclusive statements imply that one or the other is a lie), i will be happy to go over this again. I'm saving this as a word pad document for ease of future use.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:18 pm
The "I'm Italian so I'm not really white" schtick just cracks me up. I wonder if he got that from the trailer scene in True Romance.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:21 pm
Setanta wrote:
The "I'm Italian so I'm not really white" schtick just cracks me up. I wonder if he got that from the trailer scene in True Romance.

Does having naturally brown skin make me white? By the way that is a good movie.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:24 pm
First class movie. Being Italian means you are descended from one of several groups, such as the Italo-Tuscans, or the Greek colonists of the south, or perhaps even the Lombards (can't get much whiter than that)--but one thing it means for certain, if you are Italian, you are white. None of which alters the veritable whirlwind of contradictory statements you habitually make about yourself.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:40 pm
Setanta wrote:
First class movie. Being Italian means you are descended from one of several groups, such as the Italo-Tuscans, or the Greek colonists of the south, or perhaps even the Lombards (can't get much whiter than that)--but one thing it means for certain, if you are Italian, you are white. None of which alters the veritable whirlwind of contradictory statements you habitually make about yourself.

As stated in another thread I'm Italian/ Sicilian. Great grandfather was Italian and great grandmother was Sicilian. My grandfather arrived in the early 1900's from CefalĂ  Diana Sicily.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:42 pm
Well, unless you subscribe to Dennis Hopper's thesis in True Romance, that makes you white.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:45 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Setanta wrote:

As stated in another thread I'm Italian/ Sicilian. Great grandfather was Italian and great grandmother was Sicilian. My grandfather arrived in the early 1900's from CefalĂ  Diana Sicily.

Oh, shyt.

You're Sicilian.

I take back all the insults. Just don't have me whacked. I'm just getting my golf game in shape...and I want another year or two to fine tune it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:52 pm
I'm unimpressed. The Irish have nothing to fear from mere Italians, of whatever breed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:58 pm
you should be afraid - Marguerita is a fearsome beast in a rage - and anyone who suggests she isn't white is gonna get whacked
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:13 pm
Setanta wrote:
I'm unimpressed. The Irish have nothing to fear from mere Italians, of whatever breed.

I'm sure you realize my comments were made in jest. Not all Sicilians are members of the Mafia...and not all get people with whom they argue whacked.

But the are all very hard headed! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:21 pm
ehBeth wrote:
you should be afraid - Marguerita is a fearsome beast in a rage - and anyone who suggests she isn't white is gonna get whacked

All i'd have to do is bring out la Romana, and i could melt her heart . . .
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:32 pm
Setanta wrote:
Well, unless you subscribe to Dennis Hopper's thesis in True Romance, that makes you white.

So, is there any truth to the Dennis Hopper story? I always wondered how much of that was complete bullshit.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:35 pm
well kicky, anyone who lived anywhere near Taos NM in the late 60's knew Dennis Hopper probably more than they wanted to and everyone damn one of them knew Dennis was totally ****-faced on every occassion.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:37 pm
Setanta wrote:

Not white, brown. Did you miss the part where I said I was brown? I should say I'm olive. My wife is only a little bit darker then I am.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:40 pm
Italian immigrants encountered a racist system based on socially marked categories of "white" and "black." Italians often found themselves in an in-between position of not quite black and not quite white, while always receiving the benefits of whiteness from the federal government. In wasn't until the 1930s and 1940s that Italian Americans began to assert a "white" identity, and sometimes with a vengeance.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:41 pm
Dys, are you saying that you knew Dennis Hopper? How cool. Did you actually hang out with the guy? How well did you know him?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:41 pm
I have a tan. Does that make me a temporary anything?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:43 pm
I'm Sicilian-Italian. Me and my friend, who is half-korean and half-Irish, always argue over who is the whitest. I say he's whiter than me. Hard to say though, really.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:52 pm
With the collapse of Imperial authority in the west, the Visigoths and Vandals invaded North Africa, and also overran Sicily. The Muslims who swept out of Arabia in the seventh century overran the corrupt and crumbling Vandal kingdoms all the way to Spain. The Muslims of North Africa (usually incorrectly referred to as "Arabs," the most of them were Berbers, and although a mixed lot, were largely descended from Hamitic peoples akin to the Egyptians) raided Sicily for two centuries, until the nickle dropped, at which point they invaded Sicily in the ninth century, kicking over the Vandal kingdom like a child kicks over a sand castle. Less than two centuries later, the Normans conquered Sicily, and Roger II set himself up as King of Sicily less than a century after that. There was a brilliant period during which Roger spread the science and learning of the Arabic world throughout southern Europe. His last direct descendant, Constance, married the Hohenstauffen Emperor Henry IV. Their son, Frederick II, eventually deported the "Saracens" (some Arabs, but mostly Berbers) to the mainland of southern Italy.

So, yes, Scily was conquered from Africa, but no, not Africans in the sense that Hopper meant it.
0 Replies