No end in sight in Iraq!

rayban1

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:05 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
rayban why don't you go fight?

Laughing I'd love to send a few of those bastards to meet the virgins but they keep turning me down because of my age------they seem to think 71 is too old to squeeze the trigger.

so you fought when.... Korea? WWII? Nam?

I wore the uniform and served my country for 20 years, with a year in Nam. Can you say that you have ever served your country in any manner.

I have stated my service more than once and I will not say it again.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:10 pm
Re: Rayban
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
It's really easy at age 71 to rant and pant about sending other people's children off to war to fight your ideological battles. Old age insulates you from fighting. Do you have any children or grandchildren of fighting age that you can offer up to fighting in this war?

BBB

You have sunken to a new low.......that's consistent though with liberal ideals like trying to obtain the adoption records of Judge Roberts two adoped children.

Try to pull out of your dive into the liberal cesspool.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:26 pm
rayban1 wrote:
I wore the uniform and served my country for 20 years, with a year in Nam. Can you say that you have ever served your country in any manner.

That is one of the most mealy-mouthed responses to a question of this sort I've ever heard.

I don't know that I've ever heard a career military man not mention his branch of service.

One thing I noticed that was strange...is the fact that at 71...you must have been eligible for the draft during the Korean War. What happened?

And the question asked, was "Have you ever fought?"

Have you?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:37 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
rayban1 wrote:

That is one of the most mealy-mouthed responses to a question of this sort I've ever heard.

I don't know that I've ever heard a career military man not mention his branch of service.

One thing I noticed that was strange...is the fact that at 71...you must have been eligible for the draft during the Korean War. What happened?

And the question asked, was "Have you ever fought?"

Have you?

OK..Ok.....You're just not letting up are you. At the end of the Korean war, I had just been accepted for flight training......yes I wore the uniform of the USAF and I flew the A1-E and the A1-H skyraider in Vietnam and I volunteered. If you consider firing the guns from an aircraft, then you could say I fought. I am a little sensitive about fighting from the safely of an aircraft when other guys fought hand to hand.

Where did you fight from Frank......let's get it all out in the open.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:46 pm
rayban1 wrote:

OK..Ok.....You're just not letting up are you. At the end of the Korean war, I had just been accepted for flight training......yes I wore the uniform of the USAF and I flew the A1-E and the A1-H skyraider in Vietnam and I volunteered. If you consider firing the guns from an aircraft, then you could say I fought. I am a little sensitive about fighting from the safely of an aircraft when other guys fought hand to hand.

Well now, that is more like it.

And it is not necessarily "safe" fighting "from the safety of an aircraft." Lots of pilots get killed.

I commend you for your service and your fighting when called. Makes me wonder why you back a turd like George Bush who chickened out...but I commend you and I apologize for giving you any kind of a hard time on this issue. It is never a pleasant topic to discuss.

Quote:
Where did you fight from Frank......let's get it all out in the open.

I never fought...and I have talked about my time in service on several occasions.

I also was in the Air Force. I was in for four years as an enlisted man. I did serve for two of those years in SAC...which, of course, was the muscle of our military might in the 50's. I lucked out. Enlisted in early 1954...and was discharged in late 1957...at a time when we simply were not firing bullets or dropping bombs.

I hate the idea of war...but I recognize that there are times when it is necessary.

This war in Iraq was not necessary....and is a travesty.

You should have more self-respect than to make excuses for it...and the shrub.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:47 pm
rayban1 wrote:
This with the red wording above proves you're a liar as well as a trouble maker. You should have quit long ago.

I referred to you in that manner, only after you had offered to see me damned. Once again, you puke your hatred all over a thread and then blame others. That's OK, though, i've reported your post as a violation of the TOS.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:56 pm
Setanta wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
This with the red wording above proves you're a liar as well as a trouble maker. You should have quit long ago.

I referred to you in that manner, only after you had offered to see me damned. Once again, you puke your hatred all over a thread and then blame others. That's OK, though, i've reported your post as a violation of the TOS.

That's good......I don't mind being judged for what I say. I feel the moderators will judge me fairly, but I would not like to speculate on how you will turn out. Your hate and disrespect are like a sickness.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:59 pm
I don't hate you, and it is certainly true that i have absolutely no respect for you. I had indulged in no personal remarks until you came in here spewing your bile everywhere. What kind of response do you expect when you wish someone were damned? You have demonstrated time and again that you cannot restrain your hateful impulses if anyone has the temerity to disagree with you, or express an opinion which you do not like. I find your constant harping on the faults of others pathetic, given how often you slander others in these threads for no good reason.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 05:00 pm
bookmark
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 05:12 pm
Setanta wrote:
I don't hate you, and it is certainly true that i have absolutely no respect for you. I had indulged in no personal remarks until you came in here spewing your bile everywhere. What kind of response do you expect when you wish someone were damned? You have demonstrated time and again that you cannot restrain your hateful impulses if anyone has the temerity to disagree with you, or express an opinion which you do not like. I find your constant harping on the faults of others pathetic, given how often you slander others in these threads for no good reason.

Laughing Were you looking in the mirror when you typed this? It is exactly how I would have described you. Guess you were never much good at introspection, huh?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 05:20 pm
So you blameless, huh? Checkout your last response to Mysteryman.

mysteryman wrote:
Nope,I read just fine.

Setanta wrote:
This statement is not apparently true, otherwise you would not make this statement:

Quote:
Merry put words in my mouth,and I never made the statement that Merry claims I made.

Setanta wrote:
Merry did not claim that you had made any statement, therefore . . .

Quote:
If you didnt understand that,then maybe your reading skills are weak.

Setanta wrote:
This remark on your part is just as vacuous as your unfounded accusation against Merry Andrew. You need some remedial reading classes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 05:37 pm
rayban1 wrote:
Were you looking in the mirror when you typed this? It is exactly how I would have described you. Guess you were never much good at introspection, huh?

You apparently are not. There were no personal attacks in this thread until you showed up. You wished i were damned based on a post which did not refer to you and which was not addressed to you. You proceeded to make another string of personal remarks thereafter. Pot, meet kettle.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 05:39 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
You should have more self-respect than to make excuses for it...and the shrub.

I don't consider my full support for the Iraq war......"making excuses" because it is exactly what I would have done, had I had the honor of being in Bush's shoes.

Perhaps though we can share a little mutual respect ........ if nothing more than the fact we wore the same uniform.

You make some god awful, outlandish statements but at least you are consistent.
:wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 05:41 pm
Setanta wrote:
Pot, meet kettle.

Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 05:43 pm
rayban1 wrote:

MysteryMan has not posted a single time in this thread. You were obliged to lift that from another thread. In that thread, MysteryMan attacked MerryAndrew for "putting words in his mouth." MerryAndrew had done no such thing. Therefore i pointed out to MM that his reading skills must be flawed. It's no different than your specious claim that i had contradicted myself when i had done no such thing. Yes, in this thread, i cannot be blamed for introducing snide personal remarks, all the credit for that is due to you. You're getting so pathetic that you have to hunt in other threads in your failed attempt to make me out to be the bad guy. Once again, your method is pathetic.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:13 pm
rayban1 wrote:

mysteryman wrote:
Nope,I read just fine.

Setanta wrote:
This statement is not apparently true, otherwise you would not make this statement:

Quote:
Merry put words in my mouth,and I never made the statement that Merry claims I made.

Setanta wrote:
Merry did not claim that you had made any statement, therefore . . .

Quote:
If you didnt understand that,then maybe your reading skills are weak.

Setanta wrote:
This remark on your part is just as vacuous as your unfounded accusation against Merry Andrew. You need some remedial reading classes.

I guess Set has also forgot the personal attacks he has made on me in several threads. I think the term liar and bigot come to mind.

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:34 pm
I did not call you a liar, Baldimo, i pointed out that you have said that you are white in an immigration thread, and that in the prostitution thread, you said you are not white, and proud of it. One of those statements is patently a lie.

This remark:

Baldimo wrote:
I think the term liar and bigot come to mind.

-- is a scurrilous attempt to suggest that i have called you a liar and a bigot without actually asserting as much or providing any proof.

If you want to keep bringing this up, i'll continue to point out that when you stated that someone's remark was "like saying all n*ggers like rap music" you subsequently claimed you are not white and proud of it, despite having written in the immigration thread that you are white. You have complained to me about this by private message until i was obliged to complain to the moderators to prevent you from sending me any more PMs. But every time you bring this up, i will point out what you have written here.

So keep it up, Baldimo, it doesn't bother me in the least.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:41 pm
Has anyone observed the enormous hole Setanta is standing in? Someone should tell him to stop digging. I won't because I can't stand to watch anymore. Bye
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:42 pm
Bye . . . don't let the door hit ya in the ass . . .
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:02 pm
Setanta wrote:
I did not call you a liar, Baldimo, i pointed out that you have said that you are white in an immigration thread, and that in the prostitution thread, you said you are not white, and proud of it. One of those statements is patently a lie.

This remark:

Baldimo wrote:
I think the term liar and bigot come to mind.

-- is a scurrilous attempt to suggest that i have called you a liar and a bigot without actually asserting as much or providing any proof.

If you want to keep bringing this up, i'll continue to point out that when you stated that someone's remark was "like saying all n*ggers like rap music" you subsequently claimed you are not white and proud of it, despite having written in the immigration thread that you are white. You have complained to me about this by private message until i was obliged to complain to the moderators to prevent you from sending me any more PMs. But every time you bring this up, i will point out what you have written here.

So keep it up, Baldimo, it doesn't bother me in the least.

As I have stated I'm Italian so I'm not really white. In the world of construction in San Diego if you're not Mexican then you're white unless of course you're black and there are very few blacks in construction in San Diego. I don't consider myself white and neither does my wife.

Once again you get personal which is what rayban has said.
0 Replies