I feel things are moving too fast with him but don't want to be rude?

Thu 18 Aug, 2022 03:24 am
Had been talking to him for a few weeks/a month before meeting. We went out for dinner together a few days ago and all went well. Kissed at the end. Texted me when we got home. Said he's glad he's met a woman who likes similar things. Said he found me even more attractive in person. Wanted to see me a few days later to do something together, I agreed but then I had too much going on with work so he suggested we maybe save it for the weekend. He also asked if I would be free this weekend as his friends have an event on. I don't see anything inherently wrong with this, however, previously dated someone and I met his friends quite early on, it didn't last and he was also seeing other people unknown to me.

Before we met, he would talk about what we should be doing for our second date, like going to the beach etc. I'm not sure if this is an issue but we hadn't even met, who is to say we would get along? Wondering if he's doing this to get in the sack quickly as I didn't sleep with him on the first date/as we did have some sexual messages exchanged prior. Things over text got a bit heated when we got home too and even sent me a photo of some toys he would like us to get. In one of the other message, that was slightly sexual he said he wants his 'partner' to be satisfied.

He did mention jokingly before our date that dinner should be quick and straight to dessert, however, the night before I did sort of get a bit sexual. Did text me after saying it was good to get to know me.

Advice? Is this concerning or?

jespah

Thu 18 Aug, 2022 05:00 am
@smackie19,
You need to get your signals straight with him now

And the easiest and clearest way to do this is not with signals at all. It's with words.

John, (or whatever his name is), I think we're moving too fast. I would like to slow down and savor this early time when we're getting to know each other. I am sorry I wasn't clear about this before.

And for God's sake, stop being sexual with him over text. You are creating an environment of mixed signals and it's not fair to him.

If he gets angry with you for telling him the above (or something very similar), then you don't need to hang around with him any longer.
OdliDPrincess

Wed 19 Oct, 2022 03:31 am
@jespah,
Just tell him what you feel. It's always the right way.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 19 Oct, 2022 06:52 pm
Since when is speaking one's true, honest feeling about how they wish to be treated by someone else in a relationship, rude? You are not rude.

Speak your mind!
OdliDPrincess

Wed 19 Oct, 2022 11:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Totally agree with you
0 Replies