Oil has DOUBLED in price since the US-led invasion..

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:39 pm
Yeah, that is quite true.

I also sort of have a problem with the idea of using automobiles excessively. The plain fact is that they pollute, a lot. Imagine if the pollution from automobiles came out as a liquid waste, or solid; it would be disgusting and we would never tolerate it. But because gases are diffuse and hard to see we put the pollution out of our minds.

So, in a way, the high oil prices may be an economic incentive to reduce usage.... but I doubt it.... I've read some studies of various commodities and their markets that show prices have to go up about tenfold before the market really begins to shift.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:50 pm
A BIT OF ANIMATION ON GASOLINE PRICES IN US

(Yes, I know that us gasoline prices are low compared to many other places.)
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 01:08 am
http://www.alertnet.org/thefacts/imagerepository/RTRPICT/2005-09-01T165256Z_01_NYK752D_RTRIDSP_2_WEATHER-KATRINA-GASOLINE_articleimage.jpg

Quote:
Though the latest data shows the nationwide gas price average $2.68 a gallon, the real figure could be 10 to 20 cents higher given reports that some stations are changing prices up to three times daily, said AAA spokesman Geoff Sundstrom.

The U.S. motorist group has received a number of complaints from members about the rapid rise in prices, alongside reports of prices topping $3 in many parts of the country, he said.

One cab driver says he watched in amazement as a New York gas station billboard price was changed from $2.91 a gallon to $3.49 even as he filled his tank on Wednesday night.

source
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 01:17 am
The price of gas has even gone up $2 a gallon just in the past 2 weeks :-(
0 Replies