Woman to challenge Sen. Clinton in New York

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 02:26 pm
I suspect that this is a sacrificial lamb Rove tactic to force Clinton to spend more of her campaign fund than she wanted. Result, need to raise even more money for a 2008 presidential campaign. ---BBB

NY-Sen: Pirro to Challenge Clinton
Daily Kos Blog
Mon Aug 8th, 2005 at 10:44:28 PDT

Jeanine Pirro, the former Westchester County District Attorney, will challenge Sen. Hillary Clinton next year.

Pirro will actually faced a contested primary (or so it would seem) against Dick Nixon's son-in-law Ed Cox. (I'll remind everyone that today is the 31st anniversary of Nixon's resignation announcement.) Contested primaries are a real hassle in New York State - the primary date is so late (in September) that the victor has less than two months to raise money and do battle with his or her opponent. If Cox stays in this fight, then whoever wins the GOP primary won't even have time to take a breath before the giant Hillary machine swamps 'em in the fall.

Pirro is also burdened by the fact that her husband is a convicted tax cheat (whose crimes she partially benefitted from). Amusingly, the GOP is saying that the sins of the husband should not be imputed to the wife - while at the same time claiming that Hillary's ancient marital issues will "cancel out" Pirro's problems. Not the first time the GOP has talked out of both sides of its mouth.

Pirro is allegedly the GOP's dream candidate for this race - but I ain't buyin' it. There's no chance she'll beat Clinton. At best, she might raise her profile because Hillary is a national figure, but even that's open to question, since this Senate race won't be one of the top-tier contested fights.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,307 • Replies: 56
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 02:35 pm
I'd love to see a comparison of whose husband is worse... Seems both are profound liars and cheats.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 02:51 pm
BBB - why do you think this will be any kind of particular problem for Senator Clinton?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:48 pm
Quote:
I suspect that this is a sacrificial lamb Rove tactic to force Clinton to spend more of her campaign fund than she wanted. Result, need to raise even more money for a 2008 presidential campaign. ---BBB

Why should you worry about Rove.....BBB? You and many lib Rove haters have him in jail........without benefit of a trial, of course.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:38 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Pirro is a Republican. So if Pirro runs against Nixon's son-in-law, those two will have to expend the extra resources in the primary fight that could be used in the general election, not Hillary Clinton.

This seems more like bad news for the Republicans than the Democrats. Unless the Republicans somehow have it figured that Hillary would have problems when she runs against a woman.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:05 am
Pirro is indeed a sacrificial lamb. The reason she has been pushed into running is not that she has a chance of winning or can put a dent in Clinton's war chest. She is running because the republicans are afraid of Clinton making a run for the presidency in 08 and want to get an early start at bloodying her up in the 06 senatorial campaign. That gives them an extra 2 years to ply their dirty tricks.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:12 am
au1929 wrote:
Pirro is indeed a sacrificial lamb. The reason she has been pushed into running is not that she has a chance of winning or can put a dent in Clinton's war chest. She is running because the republicans are afraid of Clinton making a run for the presidency in 08 and want to get an early start at bloodying her up in the 06 senatorial campaign. That gives them an extra 2 years to ply their dirty tricks.

what he said. funny how all you rough tough bushites are so terrified of a woman. Laughing
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:49 am
au1929 wrote:

The dirty tricks of the GOP are positively Walt Disneyish when compared to the way Hillary destroyed the concubines of Bill.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:53 am
rayban1 wrote:

Why should you worry about Rove.....BBB? You and many lib Rove haters have him in jail........without benefit of a trial, of course.

He he...in jail without <cough> <cough> the benefit of a trial.
Although Rove is only figuratively jailed, is it time to sing for the poor saps in Gitmo and other American holding camps Rayban?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 12:03 pm
Candidone wrote:
Although Rove is only figuratively jailed, is it time to sing for the poor saps in Gitmo and other American holding camps Rayban?

What poor saps....Candide? If you mean those sub humans who were captured while trying kill our guys.................. Rolling Eyes You just polarized me way "over the top". At any rate we are rid of those bastards......if we can convince their "home" countries to accept them. We will probably have to pay them to accept their citizens back. Once again the US is playing the "good guy" sucker by being humane. But yet.....we are the evil Satan Twisted Evil
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 12:58 pm
rayban1 wrote:
Candidone wrote:

What poor saps....Candide? If you mean those sub humans who were captured while trying kill our guys.................. Rolling Eyes You just polarized me way "over the top". At any rate we are rid of those bastards......if we can convince their "home" countries to accept them. We will probably have to pay them to accept their citizens back. Once again the US is playing the "good guy" sucker by being humane. But yet.....we are the evil Satan Twisted Evil

Missing the point Rayban.
In yet another hysterical rant, you are dismismissive of the innuendo of my reply.
You initially suggested that the left has figuratively jailed Rove out of their disdain for his politics, suggesting *without trial* that the left lacks sufficient proof for said "imprisonment".
If you want to discuss false imprisonment, I merely pointed my finger in a direction that paralleled your false imprisonment analogy.
Rove, to many, is sub-human scum who is killing "your guys" too and is deserving of such comparison.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 03:54 pm
Quote:
You initially suggested that the left has figuratively jailed Rove out of their disdain for his politics, suggesting *without trial* that the left lacks sufficient proof for said "imprisonment".

Yeah ....well that also is a valid criticism but my actual point was that in the "Just world of liberal politics" anything goes.....such as......convicting an enemy without a trial in the media.

Quote:
Rove, to many, is sub-human scum who is killing "your guys" too and is deserving of such comparison.

This comparison is not only in bad taste but beneath disgust.....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 04:01 pm
Rayburn
FYI The individual that has the blood of Ameicans dripping from his hands occupies the oval office.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 04:36 pm
rayban1 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah ....well that also is a valid criticism but my actual point was that in the "Just world of liberal politics" anything goes.....such as......convicting an enemy without a trial in the media.

The media sure is a toxic place...butconvicting anyone without trial anywhere is wrong on so many level.
Wouldn't you agree?

rayban1 wrote:
Quote:

This comparison is not only in bad taste but beneath disgust.....

That's simply a matter of perspective Rayban.
And I agree.
Rove is a man who occupies far too much physical space on this earth, and I can't beleive he breathes the same air as so many wonderful Americans without protest.
Definately beneath disgust.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:26 am
au1929 wrote:

Pirro has no chance unless Hillary drops out and I think that's more the point of her running than anything. Pirro will force Hillary to stop lying about serving out her Senate term if she wins. It has nothing to do with putting 'a dent in Clinton's war chest'. It's to stop her lies.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:42 am
JW

I am sure the republicans are doing that for altruistic purposes, to inform the public. If they were not afraid of Hillary running for president would they go to this length.
Give me a break, will you!
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 09:48 am
JustWonders wrote:
Pirro has no chance unless Hillary drops out and I think that's more the point of her running than anything. Pirro will force Hillary to stop lying about serving out her Senate term if she wins. It has nothing to do with putting 'a dent in Clinton's war chest'. It's to stop her lies.

I don't follow Hillary's movement throught the political sphere. What does she lie about?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:00 am
JustWonders wrote:
Pirro will force Hillary to stop lying about serving out her Senate term if she wins. It has nothing to do with putting 'a dent in Clinton's war chest'. It's to stop her lies.

Oh? Has Hillary guaranteed that she will serve out her Senate term if elected?

Maybe you should Email Mrs. Pirro about this, because apparently she doesn't think so. Very Happy

Mrs. Pirro wrote:
"But now she [Mrs. Clinton] wants us to re-elect her even though she won't promise to serve out her term....

Source
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:02 am
JustWonders wrote:
au1929 wrote:

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 11:18 am
BBB
kelticwizard wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
Pirro will force Hillary to stop lying about serving out her Senate term if she wins. It has nothing to do with putting 'a dent in Clinton's war chest'. It's to stop her lies.

Oh? Has Hillary guaranteed that she will serve out her Senate term if elected?

Maybe you should Email Mrs. Pirro about this, because apparently she doesn't think so. Very Happy

Mrs. Pirro wrote:
"But now she [Mrs. Clinton] wants us to re-elect her even though she won't promise to serve out her term....

Source

Sort of silly not to remember that George W. Bush didn't serve out his term as Texas governor.

Oh, I forgot, this is only criticized if a Democrat does it.

My bad!

BBB
0 Replies