Putin and a Culture of Lying

gollum

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2022 02:40 am
For Putin to get away with his lies, requires a large number of government officials to participate in spreading the lies.

Do any people ever refuse? What happens to them?

View best answer, chosen by gollum
engineer

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2022 05:45 am
@gollum,
It looks like in Russia they are arrested, in the US, they are "primaried" and loose reelection.
0 Replies

izzythepush
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2022 06:55 am
@gollum,
Google Alexei Navalny, he is a legitimate opposition leader, see what happened to him.

If you were a Russian civil servant would you risk speaking out?
gollum

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2022 11:45 am
@izzythepush,
I would not have the guts.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2022 11:47 am
@gollum,
At leadt you're honest, I don't think I would either, not without a nice escape route.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 01:50 pm
@gollum,
Russia for the longest has been under corruption. That is not new. In fact a former person who was going up against Putin in terms of the presidential race was poisoned. A news reporter was poison. The President is a former KGB. That is like FBI, or CIA, or NSA, more importantly Russia is still at war with democracy and still has the goal of regaining lands and territories.

Beyond that they are not bad people. They are just like you and me and wants everybody to healthy and have a good time.

A huge reality about Russia and former Federation, during it's time as the USSR, they would take "unwanted persons" ( like reporters, or civilians they deem to be a threat and have them live on the west side of the federation as a security precaution ( since the west is the most least secured land-mass of USSR ).

Russia already knew the nation was going to split, and did this as a precaution. However at the same time they created their own downfall. The idea would be to rake all the leaves from the tree into one spot rather then the leaves still alive and green ( or in this case red ) on the trees.

All wars are done on purpose. The result of this war are places like US losing money and Eastern-Europeans gaining money.

........................................................................................................................
gollum

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 03:03 pm
@PoliteMight,
What did that mean?
engineer

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 03:28 pm
@gollum,
We've never figured that out.
0 Replies