Should a couple discuss donations they make?

The Anointed

Reply Thu 26 May, 2022 09:47 pm
@glitterbag,
And what if the couple who hired her as their donor mom, were a married male couple who were both sterile and needed her egg to be fertilized from the local donor sperm bank to which her husband was donating? Interesting.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 01:58 am
One aspect that seems to have been ignored is that of animal charities.

A lot of people will not donate to animal charities believing that people are more important.

This is exacerbated by the fact that some animal charities really coin it in.

There is a donkey sanctuary in Cornwall that is very well funded.

At the same time people don't have access to safe drinking water in parts of the developed world.
Linkat

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 06:52 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

One aspect that seems to have been ignored is that of animal charities.

A lot of people will not donate to animal charities believing that people are more important.

This is exacerbated by the fact that some animal charities really coin it in.

There is a donkey sanctuary in Cornwall that is very well funded.

At the same time people don't have access to safe drinking water in parts of the developed world.

And a lot of people believe that animal charities are more important. Many of these animals are in the situation they are in because of us humans -- they are innocents that are impacted by us abusing them, taking their forests away, any number of things we have done wrong as humans.

There are also many human charities that are a farce and that the administration takes in more in their pockets than is given to those that need it. To me the important thing is to research any charity that you plan to donate to - to ensure the majority of your money is going to really needs it. I think everyone donating has the responsibility to this so money is not going to fat executive sitting on his butt (or her butt).

Giving to a charity is a personal decision for you - what sort of charity that you donate to -- perhaps this woman has been very close to her own dog - maybe she has rescued a dog from Ukraine at some point in her life. Who knows - but she felt enough that she wanted to help this particular charity - it is her decision and not for us to judge. I can see her husband judging if his money is involved - that is why I suggested they talk it out and if they both feel differently on what sort of charity their money should go to - they decide an appropriate amount to donate between the two of you - and you each split it and then donate where you feel it will have an impact.
0 Replies