Can't add my wife as a friend to my new profile

StvH

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 06:11 pm
My wife and I both have profiles and are friends on Facebook. I made a new profile just for business, under my same name, same phone number, but with a different email. I made the profile on our home PC which we both share, if that matters. Most of the time when you look at someone's profile the 'add friend' button is right there leftmost just under their profile picture but when I log into my new profile and look at my wife's profile page the button isn't there and I can't understand why, or how to add her as a friend to my new profile. She has less than 5,000 friends so the friend limit isn't the issue and we can't figure out what it is. I sent a problem report to Facebook but as I'm sure many of us know, getting a reply from them is like sending out a message in a bottle floating in the sea and waiting for a reply. Can anyone with knowledge of this issue please help us with this problem.....?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 900 • Replies: 2

jespah

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 06:37 pm
@StvH,
It might be her settings. Can she add you, instead?
StvH

Reply Mon 2 May, 2022 12:52 am
@jespah,
We tried that and it worked, thanks for the idea. How lame that I can't see an add friend button on her page but she can see one on mine. But than Facebook has always had stupid little issues like this in it for as long as it's existed, imo.
0 Replies