1

How to Turn Off Autofill in posts and comments

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2022 10:24 am
I want to turn off the "feature" that keeps trying to insert peoples names, etc. when I am trying to type text for a new post or comment. I NEVER want to use the ones they think I might and I do not want to have to remember to hit SPACE to make it go away. I type too fast and keep having to back over the inappropriate robot insertions.

I see various fixes on line, all of them involving menu options that no longer exit or never did. I am on a PC, not the mobile app.

engineer

2  
Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2022 10:45 am
@FBuser999,
What browser are you using? It is slightly different from browser to browser, but it is somewhere in the settings section. In MS Edge, here are the instructions. I checked them and these work.

Turn off Autofill in Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge.
Select the More actions button (indicated by 3 horizontal dots) .
Select Settings → Profiles.
Select Personal info, and move the "button" to the left, which will disable saved addresses.