Facebook Community Page - Visitors Can't Add Posts

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 12:08 pm

Hi,

I run a Facebook Community Page for the area I live. I don't know if it's the template I used when I created the Page but Visitors are not able to add posts. They can only add messages in the Visitor Posts Section. This has not been a problem until now. But Facebook has migrated my Page from Classic Pages to the New Page they are pushing everyone to. The problem is that the New Page doesn't have a Visitor Post Section at all.

I've temporarily overcome the issue by switching back to 'Classic Pages' but at some point that won't be possible. I have changed the PAGE and TAGGING setting to allow Visitors to create posts but a box to create a post is still not visible on the Main Page. Please can someone offer some advice?

Here is a link to the page if you want to take a look....
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

Desperately hoping someone can help as 4,000 people from our local community use the page
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 996 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 12:13 pm
@whitenknight,
I'm not sure why they can't. I just looked at the page and it will allow me to add a comment and even create a post.
whitenknight

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 12:27 pm
@jcboy,
Firstly, thanks for the quick reply!

Did you view from a computer or from a phone? I wonder if the issue is platform related. I wish I could see a screenshot as I can only view as Admin and viewing as a visitor doesn't seem to help!
jcboy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 12:30 pm
@jcboy,
Create post at the top of the page, and as a visitor, I didn't even have to like the page to post.

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/Screen-Shot-2023-01-31-at-1.23.49-PM.jpg
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 12:31 pm
@whitenknight,
Could be platform related, I'm on my Mac and using google chrome.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 12:38 pm
@whitenknight,
Okay I just checked using my iPhone, I can comment but not create a new post from my phone.
0 Replies

allatbargainsuk

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2023 12:37 pm
@whitenknight,
no it is not the platform on any devices it will all done in the setting of the group page as you may of have it under admins to post only not for the others try going onto the setting of the page to see if it is under just for you to post for every if it bis just you changed to every can post and list but if it is set up for every and it is not still not working then contact the customer services helpline etc
0 Replies

rshome123

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2023 06:41 am
@whitenknight,
Hi Whitenknight,

Did you find a solution for this problem? I've had the same issue since FB introduced the new pages experience. Despite all the page settings looking ok, the ability for visitors to post to my page has disappeared.

Thanks in advance
0 Replies