facebook scrolling

csvogel

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 08:43 am
whenever i am scrolling through fb on my laptop, after about 10-15 minutes the screen starts jumping around. i am using a mouse to scroll with, and nothing i do can stop the forward/backward scrolling. i just close and reopen and same thing 10-15 minutes later
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 711 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 09:32 am
@csvogel,
Quote:
Why is Facebook screen jumping?
The answer to your question might surprise you, but your Facebook page is probably jumping because of your browser or Facebook app. Facebook page jumping is the same as the page refreshing. Usually, when this happens, the page jumps back to the top of the page, no matter if you were at the middle or bottom.
csvogel

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 02:05 pm
@jcboy,
mine doesn't go to the top of the page, it jumps around up and down without me moving the mouse
Mame

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 06:38 pm
@csvogel,
Contact FB, obviously. None of us work there. Or just get off it. It's an invasive and untrustworthy site.
jcboy

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 06:42 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Contact FB, obviously. None of us work there. Or just get off it. It's an invasive and untrustworthy site.

It sure is, I have issues with them all the time. Basically I pretty much use it just to say hello to a few friends in Florida and other places. Facebook is a pain in the A$$ and the reason so many come here looking for advice is because their help center is pretty useless! Facebook doesn't care, they're making a fortune off all their sponsored adds.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 06:49 am
Our friend known as shewolf has major problems with facebook. Somebody gets her account suspended every time she comes back. Nothing she does to protest it helps. So she's gone a week or a month, posts acouple of cat pictures and is suspended again. Been going on for a long time.
jcboy

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 06:52 am
@edgarblythe,
Same with me, suspended me for three days just for telling my brother I was going to kick his A$$ on the pool table.
0 Replies

csvogel

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 07:14 am
wow......i have sent fb support center a video twice and haven't heard a thing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 08:11 am
Another's problem:

Hello fellow authors I am trying to solve a copyright infringement in Facebook. Recently I discovered that a page for an unknown to me people use the title of my book as Page name. They also added in the about section a small excerpt from my book without my permission. I tried to contact the owner of this page but there is no response. So I sent reports to Facebook and they kept asking me for details including links of my published which I provided them with. They replied that "We have received an appeal regarding content we previously removed in response to a report you submitted. Based on the information provided in that appeal, it is not clear to us that the reported content infringes your copyright, and we've restored the content you reported located at [URL].The work you’re claiming rights to does not appear to be subject to copyright protection.
Copyright only protects creative expression and typically doesn’t protect things like names, titles, short phrases, or ideas".
So they deny to remove the page or content of it.
Could you please give me a piece of information on what should I do?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 08:47 am
I tried to delete my account altogether and it won't do it. Supposedly, if you activate the Delete Account feature, you have to stay off for 3 months before it activates the delete feature. I stayed off for a whole year and when I went in to check it was deleted, it bloody wasn't! Assholes.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 09:30 am
@Mame,
Nobody deletes anything in my estimation. On one business website that I order a repeat product from had a box to click which would prevent their keeping a record of my card number. Next order I used a different card. Didn't work. After a few failures I used the original card which they supposedly had no record of. The transaction went smoothly through.
Mame

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2022 10:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Yes, I've found this to be the case. We wanted to go to an annual event and when I googled it, I got information from many previous years. Very annoying. At least when a restaurant closes, they say so. Otherwise, you're trying to make a reservation at a no-longer existant place.
0 Replies