Was he flirting or just being friendly?

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 10:22 am
Recently I went to party were I meet this guy and I thought he was interested in me but I dunno if I just saw what I wanted. I know him through mutual friends we always see each other just at social gatherings. This last gathering right before I left he sort of caught me and asked me how I was doing and we had casual conversation. Then he asked if I was going to this Halloween party that again we always see each other at every year and I said I was. He then goes on to say that he and his friends are going as this sort of comical characters (I dunno how to explain but basically you would look like kinda unattractive) he said “I’d asking you to dress up with us but you know your way too pretty to pull it off ” it just felt like he was showing interest in knowing me and implying that he found me attractive. So later that week I asked my friend if she could ask him if he’s okay with her giving me his number because I regret not getting it at the party and he’s said that he can’t give me his number because there is another girl…I just don’t understand why he was the first to imitate a conversation and show interest if he’s talking to someone else or did I just mistake what he was saying and he was just being friendly. What do you guys think was he flirting with me or just being friendly?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 521 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed

jespah

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 10:44 am
@Jazzy115,
Probably being friendly. Or testing the waters.

Who knows?

He may very well not know any more.

Don't give it another thought.

Next time anything like this happens (and I'm sure you're a lovely gal so it's bound to happen again), give the guy your number. Do it yourself, and without a go-between. Or better yet, ask for his. It's 2022. You can do that. Smile

"Dave, it's been so great to talk to you. I'd love to continue the conversation. Can I have your details?"

And then proceed.

You can do this!
Jazzy115

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 10:53 am
@jespah,
Yeah I wish I had done it myself I just didn’t think about it til after I left and so I had to go through a friend.
0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 03:08 pm
@Jazzy115,
Jazzy115 wrote:

Then he asked if I was going to this Halloween party that again we always see each other at every year and I said I was. He then goes on to say that he and his friends are going as this sort of comical characters (I dunno how to explain but basically you would look like kinda unattractive) he said “I’d asking you to dress up with us but you know your way too pretty to pull it off ” it just felt like he was showing interest in knowing me and implying that he found me attractive.

Isn't Halloween in October? That is six months away - you guys are already planning your costumes for that far away?

Sorry it just seems an odd conversation to me and would seem then you guys really do not see each other much.

But back to the question - sounds to me as if he has an attraction but has a girlfriend - but at least he knows there is interest on your side - so if it ends...
Jazzy115

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 03:56 pm
@Linkat,
No we don’t just as I said at certain social gatherings. With Halloween it hosted by a friend every year and it’s kinda one the biggest parties we have so ppl usually plan pretty far in advance for it cuz we go all out on our costumes which cost money.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 04:40 am
@Jazzy115,
Men will often compulsively flirt with every woman they find attractive, even when there may be practical barriers to a relationship. I was uncertain until the "you're way too pretty" comment. No man would say that to a woman he didn't find attractive.
izzythepush

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 04:41 am
@Brandon9000,
Bollocks.
Theo202

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 04:58 am
@izzythepush,
He's talking about real men, not liars who accuse people of being nonces after they lose an argument.
izzythepush

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 05:05 am
@Theo202,
Keep it up.

Truth hurts, and you passing your pants ain't going to change that matey boy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 05:08 am
@Theo202,
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/64dyCq1_UY0/mqdefault.jpg
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/515JDPV8CZL._AC_.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Tue 26 Apr, 2022 05:13 am
Okay, locking this topic.

My apologies to the OP.

Gentlemen, it's against the rules of this site to take arguments from thread to thread.

Quit trying to swing your dicks around everywhere you go, and you'll have a much better time here.
0 Replies