why so much female attention all of a sudden?

briggs

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:06 am
rry to rant but I need to tell you guys the whole thing I am hoping maybe some input could be offered.

K so here's the deal I have moved to a place in the outskirts of New York last January. I have been a regular in a semi posh bar/cocktail bar which I took to as it was close to me and seemed busy and had a cool friendly atmosphere (not always easy in NY) I have been going there around 3 nights a week for just over a year almost all the staff and people who are also regular know me and seem to like me I mean I am a friendly outgoing type of man. I dated a girl who was also a regular there for some time about 2 months ago we have been getting along well since then and things between us are blossoming into more very slowly. She has always liked my very caring and kind side but at the same time likes how I am strong and masculine and no push over. Physically I look alright but I not some model or anything.

She told me not long ago how she tells the girls (who are also regulars at this place and knows most of them) about the "other side" of me which is that of a compassionate charming man who was cute. While it made me blush I also thought it was silly to go bragging to them like we are in highschool still or something (we are all roughly in early 30's late 20's) but she just told me to be quiet lol but since this something strange seems to have happened: its like all of a sudden I am "the man" with women wanting to go out with me left right and center! I can tell now when I go in there women look at me and look away blushing and talk to each other about me obviously I only really want to be with my 1 girl but I can now tell she is up against rival girls trying to snag me from her. Even her best friend has given be strong hints. You could say her own immature bragging has worked against her! which I warned her about Sad I do not want her hurt somehow but I can tell her friends are jealous in some strange way. Its all so weird as I knew all these women before all this and apart from the very rare occasional hint from a girl they never seemed to show too much interest in me this way until my girlfriend told them about what I was really like.

Any advice here or should I just move bars? this is all getting pretty silly. Anyone know what the hells going on?!?!?

amy37

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:01 pm
@briggs,
Well good for you briggs, women are looking for a handsome, compassionate guy like you. they don't fall in love like men do, they need a hook (know that he's compassionate, good with children, etc) to fall.
I don't understand what the problem is. Just keep going to that same bar, be your charming and faithful self, and be flattered about the attention that good guys like you deserve. Smile
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:03 pm
@briggs,
You're mature. she's not.

Enjoy the attention. Don't get to wrapped up in it.
0 Replies

MattDavis

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:23 pm
@briggs,
Your girl is proud of you.
Let her brag. Be a man don't cheat.
briggs

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:46 pm
@MattDavis,
I not gonna cheat I was not planning to but damn things have gotten akward lately with all the ladies in the bar with the excessive eye contact and 1 even licked her lips while looking at me. Should I move bars or something lol.
MattDavis

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:57 pm
@briggs,
If you can't handle it then probably yes.
Are you in love with your girl?
Make the decision whether to be with her (your girl) or not when you are alone and can think clearly.
The decision to cheat or not cheat should be made prior to licked lips or breasts rubbing against your shoulder. We are all weak. That is why the decision must be made prior to when those temptresses come a callin'.
0 Replies

MattDavis

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:01 pm
@briggs,
I hope you realize that the attention you are receiving is also flattering to your girl.
You are more desirable to those other girls because your girlfriend is advertising your desirability. Treat your girl like a douche, and you can pretty much kiss your "nice guy" status good bye. The tale they spin in their gossip circle will be a very different one indeed.
Been there done that.
briggs

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:16 pm
@MattDavis,
Thx for advice but Jesus I had NO idea the ladies would be all over me so much with something like this I never had this much attention at once its almost surreal. This kind of gossip travels fast I guess. The common myth that men have to be douches to women in order to get them is clearly not true lol.
MattDavis

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:35 pm
@briggs,
Definitely not true of women.
It is true of some girls.
Dating girls is not very rewarding.
Too much drama.

Congratulations on your new found glory Very Happy
Don't spoil it. Wink
Laughing
briggs

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:41 pm
@MattDavis,
not true of women? judging by this sudden response it seems obvious.
MattDavis

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:59 pm
@briggs,
Being a woman is a level of maturity.
Just as being a man is a level of maturity.
I don't think that your girl is being immature.
I of course have limited information available to make a determination.

The origin of the term "virtue" is kind of interesting.
The term virtue traces back to at least the founding myth of Rome (back to Ancient Greece).
virtus ("manliness, bravery, worth, moral excellence"), from vir ("man")

Virtue is sexy. At least it is to women.
Sometimes less sexy for boys and girls.
0 Replies

MattDavis

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 03:11 pm
@briggs,
You might notice also the "Professional Bullshitter" tag that someone? Has added to your post. This is of course also a measure of maturity (or lack there of).
I hope you don't judge the totality of this website by the immaturity of an anonymous few.
Courage is of course yet another virtue sadly lacking in some individuals.

Here are my tags for the thread. Anonymity be damned. Laughing
[X] Dating Advice,
[X] Fidelity,
[X] Cowardly Tagging
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 04:02 pm
@MattDavis,
I agree with Matt. The fellow I am dating is getting remarks and hits out of the blue. I told him that since we have been going out, he extrudes sexuality and desirability. Besides, girls know that they can be more aggressive with you and you won't act on it because you are a nice guy.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

If you two break up, you go back being the schumck you were before.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 01:04 pm
@MattDavis,
MattDavis wrote:

Here are my tags for the thread. Anonymity be damned. Laughing

I tried to add "Idiot" and "Bullshit" but I think the maximum tags limit has been reached.
MattDavis

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 02:39 pm
@contrex,
That's sad.
0 Replies