The Leader of the Free World

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 05:38 am
Some may find this interesting or relevant:

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:19 am
@Brandon9000,
Interestingly he is trying to do his job unlike his criminal predecessor.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:20 am
@edgarblythe,
What was that crime that Trump committed again?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:28 am
@Brandon9000,
If you have to ask you don't really care to know.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:30 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
If you have to ask you don't really care to know.

"Everyone knows" is not a valid argument. Clearly you cannot support your claim that Trump is a criminal. I win.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:46 am
I win. That's so childish. I posted that about Trump to get a rise out of you. If we stop to list Trump's crimes we would require reams of paper or hours of online listing. What I really want to say is, I resent having to defend Biden against these types of small minded attacks when there are such great issues to be considered. At age nearly 80 I often stumble publicly in ways that cause people to view me the way that video wants us to view Biden. But behind it all I haven't lost my mental edge, just have exterior mishaps. It is small minded and vindictive to treat a man thus just because he is old.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:47 am
@edgarblythe,
I only asked you to list one crime. You can't list a single one. Got it.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:56 am
@Brandon9000,
So you want to only focus on a diversionary issue. Got it as well.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:59 am
@edgarblythe,
You claimed he's a criminal. You claimed his crimes are so vast, we don't have room to list them, but you cannot even name one. By any rational metric, you lose the argument.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 08:20 am
@Brandon9000,
You posted a video for discussion. Do you want to discuss it or not? Last chance.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 08:45 am
What I really want to say is, I resent having to defend Biden against these types of small minded attacks when there are such great issues to be considered. At age nearly 80 I often stumble publicly in ways that cause people to view me the way that video wants us to view Biden. But behind it all I haven't lost my mental edge, just have exterior mishaps. It is small minded and vindictive to treat a man thus just because he is old.
Theo202

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 12:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Would you say that taking directions from a giant bunny or try to shake hands with people who are not there are not indications that someone has lost their mental edge?
hightor

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 01:31 pm
@Theo202,
I hate to inform you, but that wasn't a "giant bunny" – it was a person in a rabbit costume. Biden was just going along with the spirit of the event, as politicians are often compelled to do in those situations. I admit, it would be nice to see someone in campaign mode eschew such stupidity but I'm not holding my breath. As far as shaking hands "with people who are not there", that clip was taken out of context. He had people gathered on stage on either side of him and he turned to address them after he'd completed his speech.

edgarblythe wrote:
What I really want to say is, I resent having to defend Biden against these types of small minded attacks when there are such great issues to be considered.

I agree completely and couldn't have said it better myself.
Theo202

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 01:48 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
I hate to inform you, but that wasn't a "giant bunny" – it was a person in a rabbit costume.

How would that affect the point of my question? "Going along with the spirit" isn't justification for anything, and you're avoiding the fact that in order to shake hands with someone they've got to be within arm's reach, which wasn't the case here.
hightor

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 02:12 pm
@Theo202,
Quote:
How would that affect the point of my question?

Because politicians have to put up with this insipid **** all the time. Now, if Biden had been wearing the costume I'd feel differently, but he doesn't have control over what other people wear.
Quote:
...and you're avoiding the fact that in order to shake hands with someone they've got to be within arm's reach...

He wasn't trying to shake hands with anyone. He was turning to face them in acknowledgement of their applause.
Theo202

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 02:45 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Because politicians have to put up with this insipid **** all the time.

Insipid **** like validating the competence of a political leader, you mean?

Quote:
He wasn't trying to shake hands with anyone.

So why would he extend his hand as if he was?
hightor

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2022 10:01 am
@Theo202,
Quote:
Insipid **** like validating the competence of a political leader, you mean?

No, I mean insipid **** like kissing babies, eating corn dogs at state fairs, and dealing with people dressed up like rabbits.
Quote:
So why would he extend his hand as if he was?

Because facing people, acknowledging their applause, and thanking them may be accompanied by gestures which are similar to the preliminary stance one takes when offering to shake someone's hand.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2022 10:22 am
I absolutely believe that the President met Corn Pop and his cronies armed only with a chain, and that they were suitably chastised.
hightor

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2022 10:27 am
@Brandon9000,
I think you may be on to something.
0 Replies

Theo202

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2022 05:13 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
No, I mean insipid **** like kissing babies, eating corn dogs at state fairs, and dealing with people dressed up like rabbits.

You're avoid the fact that Biden dealt with it by taking directions from someone he apparently didn't know.

Quote:
Because facing people, acknowledging their applause, and thanking them may be accompanied by gestures which are similar to the preliminary stance one takes when offering to shake someone's hand.

Unlikely, and irrelevant when he wasn't facing the audience when he extended his hand.