what did i do wrong?

mchalel

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 12:23 pm
So that guy never called. What do you think i did wrong? Please dont say, oh it's because you let him stay in your house and made out with him. He wanted it to, he wanted it more than i did. I dont know if it's because the night before i was wishy washy? I kept telling him no, you cant drive me home, no you cant come in, no you cant sleep in my bed, no you cant kiss me, yet i let him do all of these things when he pressed hard enough.

The next morning, i think he should have understood that i was 'into him.' I was comfortable with him, kissing him, i told him a lot about myself...maybe too much? He was asking a lot though. When he left he called my phone so technically i had his #. I could have called...but i prefer when the guy calls so that way i know he really is interested. What did i do wrong? anything? was he maybe just looking for a one night thing? the night before he had said he wasnt just looking to hook up. I just feel upset that he didnt call ):
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,831 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 12:45 pm
Please don't take this the wrong way but he just wasn't that into you.

You didn't do anything wrong.
0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 12:57 pm
re
well if he wasnt into me, he should have left as soon as he woke up and not taken my #! I certainly wouldnt do those things if i wasnt into someone.
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:10 pm
i can relate to you in a way.

There could be many reasons why he's not calling. Perhaps he was embaressed by his behavior the night before, perhaps he is in the middle of a life crisis and simply cant call you back, maybe he's not into you, maybe he has 10 other girls just like you lined up. The list could go on. It doesn't mean he thinks you're a bad person! That's what you seem to be thinking. You knew him one night, you didnt have sex with him-I'm not understanding why you are obsessing over him I guess.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:15 pm
Re: re
mchalel wrote:
well if he wasnt into me, he should have left as soon as he woke up and not taken my #! I certainly wouldnt do those things if i wasnt into someone.

He was being "nice" and wanted to get out before having to tell you he didn't want to see you again. Asking for or taking a number doesn't mean anything.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:15 pm
Re: .
diana78 wrote:
-I'm not understanding why you are obsessing over him I guess.

Especially since he probably hasn't thought about you once since that night.
0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:18 pm
re
i know asking for a # doenst mean much, but what about all the other stuff? Why hang out with me for 4 hours the next morning? HE initiated cuddling/kissing that morning and didnt try anything else? WHY do that if you are not into someone?
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:29 pm
Well then doesnt the fact that he did all that and is now not calling make him WEIRD. I agree, why do things like that if you dont plan to call someone again, but guys are weird about that stuff. Some people just live for the moment/instant gratification. You are obviously someone who gets VERY attached so i'd advise you NOT to do anything physical until you know where things are headed.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:33 pm
mchalel wrote:
WHY do that if you are not into someone?

He has a penis.
0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:34 pm
'He has a penis.'

well THAT didnt get any action
0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:36 pm
re
also when he left he was leaving because his friend kept calling him for a ride. He said that he would love to be able to stay in my bed for another 3 hours and it took him forever to get out of my bed. HE even said, oh you've probably been trying to get rid of me all morning. Why would he have said these thigns if he wasnt 'into me'? Most peopel would have just left.
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:41 pm
re
Well did it ever occur to you that it is still only Thursday? Maybe the guy's still gonna call. Not everyone is on your scedule or knows your feelings. But if he doesnt call SO WHAT? I'm sure this has happened to you before and I'm sure it'll happen again...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:49 pm
I agree with diana78, if you cannot handle a one-night-stand, then don't do it! He was being polite and hung around
the next morning to talk and cuddle with you. Not every
man is a jerk and heads out the door after he's gotten what
he wanted. Nevertheless, the end result is probably the
same - out of sight, out of mind.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:50 pm
Maybe that's all he was trying to get and when you didn't "come through" he was done with you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:51 pm
mchalel wrote:
also when he left he was leaving because his friend kept calling him for a ride. He said that he would love to be able to stay in my bed for another 3 hours and it took him forever to get out of my bed. HE even said, oh you've probably been trying to get rid of me all morning. Why would he have said these thigns if he wasnt 'into me'? Most peopel would have just left.

HE WANTED SEX. If he hasn't called yet, and you didn't give it to him then it is clear to me that he wanted sex and was trying to get it right up until he left.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:56 pm
Really - I'm trying to save you mch

All this time you've been obsessing about every nuance of that night, and waiting painfully by the phone, who know what he's thinking?

Monday - I'm hungry, I'm gonna eat a burrito
Tuesday - I wonder if this shirt stinks too much to wear again?
Wednesday - I wonder if there's any burritos left?
Today - Man, I'm out of toilet paper.

Slappy Doo Hoo, if he bothered to come on this thread, would verify this.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:57 pm
Does anybody remember that episode of "Sex and the City" where Miranda is told .....he's just not that into you? lol All her gal pals were finding reasons for why the guy she was seeing did such and such; it came down to "he's just not that into you".
It's so much easier on yourself if you learn early on that not all of the guys you meet will be a 'hit'. Don't worry yourself about it. When a guy is really into you, he'll be sure to let you know. There will be no mistaking it.
It doesn't mean that you aren't wonderful. Dating is just hit and miss.
0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:17 am
re
he sent me a text message last night. I was out on a cruise with work, i get back at like 11 and he had sent a text that said, hey there, how's it going. I think texting is a bit weak BUT i wrote back. We texted back a few times, then when i woke up this morning, i had 2 texts from him...one said what he had done that day, the 2nd said, what are you asleep? I have not written back yet.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:47 am
If he is interested, I will be the first to say I was wrong.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:20 am
Me too! Mr. Green
0 Replies