'Fund The Police': Joe Biden discusses efforts to address (crime prevention)

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 06:00 am
So anonymous strangers can break down the door and come at you for no good reason and you would greet them with smiles and danish. Just checking.
vikorr

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 07:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
So anonymous strangers can break down the door and come
Quote:
" body camera footage shows the officers yelling "Police! Search warrant" and "Get on the ******* ground!"

That is from your own post. So are you being deliberately argumentative?

- you ignore your own post that shows he knew they were police
- you avoided the practical implications that pulling guns on police officers and pointing it at them (is the height of stupidity and likely to get you killed).
- you didn't address any of the ways I mentioned one could deal with it.

If you want to taunt, feel free. It lacks meaning when you utterly ignore/ avoid the issues in your own post / ideas.

Are you looking for discussion about rights and wrongs, or just looking for agreement?

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 08:17 pm
@vikorr,
I am saying when somebody breaks into your home like that you are not going to react as you would for a traffic stop. You are in a dangerous situation and your reactions are according and you are not your normal self. These cops know that and they are prepared to shoot going in. No knock entries are a violation of human rights.
vikorr

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 08:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
No knock entries are a violation of human rights.

I did ask if your issue was with no-knock search warrants. And mentioned there is argument for such.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 09:25 pm
@vikorr,
My main issue is the police pointing guns at innocent people.
vikorr

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 10:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've an issue with that as well.

Mind you - I also don't understand what it is like to be a police officer in the US, with the prevalence of gun violence. It seems around 458 officers were killed in 2021 https://www.dailywire.com/news/police-officer-deaths-surged-in-2021-report-shows. I've an inkling that I'd be very nervous as well, and I'm not given to nerves much.

Many of the videos I've seen of US Police Officers killing people show a lack of communications training too. That said - communications training when you are dealing with: suicidal people, mental health (in its many different forms), drug affected people (in the many different forms), arrogant/nasty/embecilic etc people...would require maybe 1-2 weeks per year per cop to accomplish a true improvement (perhaps more training time than that, but very unlikely to be less).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2022 06:15 pm
A single deputy now costs taxpayers $358,000 annually. There are 60 in the 2-square miles of West Hollywood.
https://knock-la.com/lasd-west-hollywood-overcharge-contract-public-safety/
0 Replies