Churches have been LYING about Christ for 2K years!

theMadOne

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2022 08:29 am
@theMadOne,
What can you say to some who has twisted views of the Bible?
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2022 02:41 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
Please read John 20:28. Thomas called Jesus "my Lord and my GOD". Jesus accepted this as truth.

And what makes you think that Jesus accepted Thomas's statement as truth?

Only God is to be worshipped. The gospels record several times when Jesus was worshipped. Every time Jesus accepted this worship.
Contrast this with Herod who was eaten by worms when he accepted the worship of people.
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2022 03:23 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Jesus refers to the heavenly God as 'OUR FATHER'. 'THE FATHER', and "MY FATHER'.

Through his aunty Mary Magdalene, Jesus told his spiritual brothers, that he was ascending to 'THEIR FATHER' who was His Father, to 'THEIR GOD' who was His God also.

Yes. What is happening right after Jesus' resurrection? I am not qualified to discuss John 20:17. There are scholers who have discussed it who are more knowledgeable than I. I will refer you to them.

As far as your posts that you continued, some are obvious facts. For example, a painting of the Nativity should not include the Wise Men. They saw Jesus when He wasa child. And there were not necessarily 3 of them.
Other parts of the post I will investigate.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2022 03:55 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Only God is to be worshipped. The gospels record several times when Jesus was worshipped. Every time Jesus accepted this worship.

People may have bowed before him but he always refused to be worshiped, "Why do you call me GOOD, said Jesus to the young man, there is none that are good save God only."

He would not even accept being called GOOD.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2022 05:35 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
There are scholers who have discussed it who are more knowledgeable than I. I will refer you to them.

Don't bother, I have read them and rejected them.

For yourself though, ask them whose graves were opened at the moment that Jesus gave up the spirit of the Lord, which had filled him on the day of his baptism, while crying out on the cross; "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me", and who were the dead saints who came out of those opened graves three days after the death of Jesus, those saint who then entered the holy city and revealed themselves to many?
The Anointed

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2022 08:28 pm
@theMadOne,
Quote:
You name a belief of their, and lets compare it to the words Christ said...

And who is the 'CHRIST' to who you refer?

Christian New Testament; Hebrews 11: 5; "By faith Enoch was Translated (To change from one form to another) so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him.

Enoch, is the most important man in the Hebrew scriptures and Christian Old Testament and the New Testament, and yet his writings have been rejected by both the Jewish church and the Roman church of Emperor Constantine.

We shall now see that Enoch was chosen as the cornerstone to the new and more glorious temple of Light, that is to replace the old temporary physical tent of our Father. Enoch, the one to whom all the spirits of the righteous are gathered, and that stone that the builders of the Jewish and Christian churches have rejected, has turned out to be the most important stone of all.

To begin with, the author of the New Testament Hebrews 11: 5; could not have known that Enoch was carried to the throne of the ‘MOST HIGH’ in the creation, and translated so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him, unless he had read from, "The Book of the Secrets of Enoch."

The word “CHRIST” means “The Anointed One.” Enoch was the one anointed by the Most-High in the creation, ‘The Lord of Creatures,’ as his Heir and successor, (The Son of Man) who is Lord of spirits.

Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one" It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), usually transliterated into English as Messiah or Mashiach. The Hebrew word translated "anointed" is the verb form of the noun "Messiah."

"The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before ‘MY’ face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord’s face.

[Archistratege. Or, "the commander of the armies of the nations, named Michael."]

And the Most-High (The Lord of Creatures) said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before ‘MY’ face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." Enoch, was the first to be released.

And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory."

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun’s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

To translate something is to change it from one form to another. Hebrews 11: 5; “By faith Enoch was translated so that he should not experience death, and he was not found because God had translated him.”

Enoch was the one from the earlier age of Man that was destroyed by water, who was chosen to serve God before the body of Adam into all eternity.

Is this the ‘CHRIST’ that you refer too? Could Enoch have been reborn on earth of human parents and named Jesus?

After spending three days (Three thousand years) in the spiritual dimension that co-exists within our three-dimensional world (The Valley of Man) and having been made perfect through his sufferings, was he now prepared to take his heavenly throne?

John 3:Verse 5; When speaking to Nicodemus, the Lord said; “I am telling you the truth: no one can see the Kingdom of God without being born again.”

Who is the "WE" who is referred to here in Verse 11; "I am telling you the truth: WE speak of what WE know and report what WE have seen, yet none of you is willing to accept OUR message."

12You do not believe me when I tell you about the things of this world; how will you ever believe me, then, when I tell you about the things of heaven? 13And no one has ever gone up to heaven except HE, who came down from heaven, etc.”

So, He who had come down from heaven, had first gone up to heaven, and I'll bet he was 365 years of age at that time, 365, the number of days in a calendar year, the one year old sacrificial lamb of God, who takes on the sins of the world.

0 Replies

theMadOne

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 05:42 am
Worship means to show the highest honor.
Jehovah told the angels to show Jesus that respect.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 10:37 am
@The Anointed,
I know about some of your beliefs.
However, what do you say about John 1:1? If you read it in Greek, it is obviously saying that Jesus is God. Do you distort the Bible like the Jehovah Witnesses do?
NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 10:45 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
There are scholers who have discussed it who are more knowledgeable than I. I will refer you to them.

Don't bother, I have read them and rejected them.

For yourself though, ask them whose graves were opened at the moment that Jesus gave up the spirit of the Lord, which had filled him on the day of his baptism, while crying out on the cross; "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me", and who were the dead saints who came out of those opened graves three days after the death of Jesus, those saint who then entered the holy city and revealed themselves to many?

Jesus took on the sins of the world. For the ONLY time ever there was the loss of fellowship between God the Father and God the Son. That is why Jesus said "My God, my God. Why have you abandoned Me".
Note: Jesus was also quoting text from Psalms.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 10:58 am
@The Anointed,
I do have questions about what happened during the time that Jesus gave up His spirit and when Mary told the disciples that Jesus had resurrected. For example, what did Jesus exactly do regarding hell, why couldn't Mary "cling to Him", the graves opening up, etc.
Note: I do know why the curtain to the Holy of Holies split. :-)
Praise God!!!
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 12:44 pm
@NealNealNeal,
I’m trying to follow the course of events from your POV and project them to where they ultimately lead.

Where does it lead for the believer in Heaven?
I understand he is forgiven by virtue of Jesus taking the punishment in his place,
but how is the believer's character any different than before?
Wouldn’t he and his kin create the same mess he left on earth if his nature is unchanged?

NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 02:14 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I’m trying to follow the course of events from your POV and project them to where they ultimately lead.

Where does it lead for the believer in Heaven?
I understand he is forgiven by virtue of Jesus taking the punishment in his place,
but how is the believer's character any different than before?
Wouldn’t he and his kin create the same mess he left on earth if his nature is unchanged?

I am not sure what you mean by POV, so I will answer the second paragraph.

One reason why Jesus used the term "born again" (John chapter 3) is because the person who asks Jesus into his life is beginning a new (spiritual) life. He was spiritually dead but is now spiritually alive.
The Holy Spirit then works in the person's life on a daily basis. Gradually, the person develops the character that Jesus showed when He was on earth.
If other people can't find any character change in a believer after years have passed, these people have the right to question whether the Christian is really a believer in Christ.
In America a person is allowed to call himself a Christian even though he was never "born again". Also the "true Christian" is so spoiled by the privileges that America provides the character growth often is slower than in other countries.
This is the basis of some of the criticism that people like Izzy and Frank have for Christianity. There is a person on the board named "Max...

that has a special insight on this subject

So, a believer should gradually have better and better character as he gets older. If not, there is something wrong.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 03:13 pm
@NealNealNeal,
True that, there is definitely something wrong.

POV = point of view
The Anointed

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 03:41 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
I do know why the curtain to the Holy of Holies split.

Then you can begin by revealing what you believe caused the great curtain to split from top to bottom?
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 05:27 pm
@Leadfoot,
I meant to add, that it did not seem that gradual to me.
It hit me like a ton of bricks. In a good way.
NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2022 11:47 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
I do know why the curtain to the Holy of Holies split.

Then you can begin by revealing what you believe caused the great curtain to split from top to bottom?

Those people who accept Jesus as Lord and Savior now have full access to God. Their sins have been fully paid for by Jesus. And Jesus' perfection has been inputed to the believer.
The believer is now considered by God to be sinless.
NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2022 11:58 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I meant to add, that it did not seem that gradual to me.
It hit me like a ton of bricks. In a good way.
[/quote
Some new believers have immediate radical changes in their lifestyle. God bless these people!!!
I have massive character flaws. So the Holy Spirit has gradually made me a man of greater character.
Either way, God's ultimate purpose is to develop the character of Christ in the believer.
I am glad to hear about your personal experience!!!
The Anointed

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2022 09:26 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Those people who accept Jesus as Lord and Savior now have full access to God.

Correct! "but no one comes to the father except through me said the Anointed one-The Christ."

Not all are saved be the sacrifice of CHRIST.

You are near correct as to “WHY” the curtain was torn from top to bottom, but the question that was asked, was; “What “CAUSED” the great curtain to split?

The topic of this thread is “Churches have been LYING about Christ for 2K years!” And the churches have been telling everyone that it was an earthquake that caused the stone lentil from which the great curtain hung, to break, causing the curtain to rip from the top to the bottom, but it was not an earthquake.

I am not suggesting that the churches deliberately lied, but were and remain to this day, simply blind to the fact that it had to do something with the fact, that Jerusalem was in darkness from mid-day to 3 PM, and the return of sunlight and the shockwave that rocked the mountains and shook the temple causing the great stone lentil to break occurred almost simultaneously.

In a remote part of Russia, on June 30, 1908, there occurred a terrific air blast, now widely known as the Tunguska event. This event is believed to have been caused by an incoming asteroid (or comet), which never actually struck Earth but instead exploded in the atmosphere, causing what is known as an air burst, three to six miles (5–10 kilometers) above Earth’s surface.

That explosion released enough energy to kill reindeer and flatten trees for many kilometers around the blast site. But no crater was ever found.

An article from Carl Sagan’s book ‘COSMOS.’ “A comet is made mostly of ice-water (H2O) ice, with a little methane (CH4) ice, and some ammonia (NH3) ice. Striking the Earth's atmosphere, a modest cometary fragment would produce a great radiant fireball and a mighty blast wave, which would burn trees, level forests and be heard around the world. But it might not make much of a crater in the ground. The ices would all be melted during entry. There would be few recognizable pieces of the comet left perhaps only a smattering of small grains from the non-icy parts of the cometary nucleus. Recently, the Soviet scientist E. Sobotovich has identified a large number of tiny diamonds strewn over the Tunguska site. Such diamonds are already known to exist in meteorites that have survived impact, and that may originate ultimately from comets

It is recorded in the Christian scriptures that Jesus was nailed to the cross at 9AM, and three hours later at the stroke of mid-day, 12 PM, Darkness covered the city for three hours. This was not a normal eclipse of the sun, the longest of which lasts for only about 7 minutes.

This had to be an incoming heavenly object, which remained between the sun and Jerusalem, blanketing the city in darkness for three hours. Then at 3 PM, immediately before the sun appeared once more, there was a terrific blast that rocked the mountains and the temple in Jerusalem, which was built by Herod the Great, breaking the lintel from which hung the great Curtain that was torn from top to bottom, behind which curtain was the innermost sanctuary of the temple, ‘The Holy of Holies,’ where, in the temple built by Solomon, the two Greater golden cherubs, beneath whose outstretched wings the covenant box with the two lesser cherubs on its lid once stood, before that temple was sacked and burned in 587/586 B.C.E. by Nebuchadnezzar’s troops

This was not an earth quake as most Christians are asked to believe, but an air blast, high above Jerusalem over the desert country on the eastern side of the Jordan, which was consistent with the Tunguska-like fireball over Russia, but unlike Siberia, that desert country does not have any forests, and like the air blast over Russia, did not create any crater as evidence of that event.

Apparently, air blasts such as those which occurred over Russia, on June 30, 1908, and over Jerusalem in the early part of the first century C.E., are not that uncommon throughout history, as Archaeologists have come up with a theory that in a region just north of the Dead Sea, the towns and population in that area, may have been obliterated by a Tunguska style airburst, some 3,700 years ago.

The theory is, that some 3,700 years ago, a meteor or comet exploded over the Middle East, annihilating all human life across a wide area of land north of the Dead Sea. Archaeologists who have found evidence of the cosmic airburst, say that this event was the cause of the destruction of Sodom and its surrounding cities, leaving the land unfit to be reoccupied for 500-600 years.

Tall el Hammam, is believed by archaeologists who have recently worked on that site to be the ancient City of the biblical Sodom, excavation of that site makes this absolutely clear that it was completely destroyed by a singular event. The archaeologist Steven Collins, in his book; “Discovering the city of Sodom” claims that Tall el-Hammam is the site of the ancient city of Sodom, whose destruction is part of an important Biblical episode related to the life of patriarch Abraham.

Was the story of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah a miraculous event, or an historical event that the three men who appeared to Abraham, knew was going to happen at that point in time? Is the miracle in that story to be found in the visitation of those men?

Who were those men, who accepted Abraham’s invitation to have their feet washed, and to sit in the shade of a tree and be fed with fresh bread baked by Sarah, and the meat of a fatted calf, killed especially for them, plus cream and milk supplied by Abraham? Can spiritual beings eat and drink? which was the very question that Jesus asked his disciples who thought he was a spirit, on the day of his physical resurrection?

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2022 07:37 am
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Either way, God's ultimate purpose is to develop the character of Christ in the believer.

On that we agree.

My argument is with those who think it happens by God remaking us without our complete participation and eventual understanding. God does not make robots of us.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2022 10:04 am
@The Anointed,
God is sovereign. He can either use natural events to achieve His purposes or do it Himself.
You may be correct about how the event occurred. After all some/many Christians don't know that Jesus was probably born a few years B.C. Some even believe that the Wise Men were present at the Nativity send and that Jesus was born Dec. 25.
However, this is merely ignorance.
Since many people on this site are concerned about science, you make a great contribution to this board.