1
   

Why did God make us completely unable...

 
 
Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2022 04:21 am
...to relate to one another?

Seriously.

I grew up. I went to school, I went to work, I have never had that many friends.

At the best of times, normal social stuff completely broke down. I was a boy who simply wasn't that interested in boy things. I didn't follow sports, I didn't particularly like to wrestle or anything, not like my brother. I had some friends in primary school, almost no friends in junior high until about the last year and got bullied by some kid named Frank S. In high school, I had some acquaintances but the ones I hung out with most were either just in class or they were the sorta punk goth kids, or programmer types. I secretly liked girl things but couldn't admit this to myself until well past college. Meanwhile, in college I met Frank again. We talked to each other. Turns out that he was kinda sad, and lonely. His life went to **** past middle school, and he was sorry he bullied me. I forgave him, but there was no real going back, and it was a big campus. I met a few sorta friends. One was a girl named Kelly, who I had a bit of an obsessive crush on. But honestly, I couldn't just have a normal relationship with her, and I pushed her away more than anything. There was a dort of goth anime kid that I hung out with named Will, and much of his friends. But sometimes he could be kinda mean to me, and there was a sense of strain because I was this weird kid who never really grew up anywhere without getting uprooted. After college, no one and nothing for the longest time. Oh sure, I had jobs. Janitor. Gardening. Volunteer stuff. Usually strange hours, no coworkers, or both. I came to want work more for a sense of social connection than for money. A sense of belonging. Like literally no employer I worked for really was able to pay me what I wanted. I worked for Amazon, where if you got too close to someone, you got literally pulled to the other side of the factory. The money was great, but it was 10 hours a day of complete isolation, except to maybe be warned that you were going too slowly. With Picking, I didn't have too much of an issue with it. I just collected items, filled the cart, and moved on to the next. I was told after the holiday season, that I was no good at that (bullshit), and moved to Stowing. Which I legit was no good at, because I was basically dealing with a bunch of full shelves. Since there was fewer people to pick, it was like a nice way of saying there was no use for me. I eventually quit after it was clear that I had too many warnings for a permanent position. I worked in Walmart, which was sort of more a normal job, except for the insane punchclock thing (they didn't believe in overtime, but they liked to get last minute work out of you, so I'd routinely edit my hours). Then my car engine quit, and I was so stressed out that I had prune juice for lunch, just so I could miss most of work and/or leave early. After that, I took no more jobs in the city. After that, I was out as trans, moved back to the country, took a job as female working at a library. The job was a pleasant working environment until it wasn't. Old boss retired, new boss wanted me out. The people I worked with were suddenly moved off to different duties, and I was stuck at the desk. I'd get slammed with people (literal Uriah gambit) and set up to screw up. The scanner wouldn't work, and I'd check in items (but not really) resulting in late fees. Or I'd check out items (but not really) resulting in lost items. I got report after report, and I was stressed out. I just wanted to please the lady. Nothing I did ever was to her liking. Finally, I complain to her manager, and get fired on the spot. The last day, I managed good customer service, but it was a weird situation (like there were five people in there, because she'd told everyone I was no good or something).

Stayed in touch with a friend from the library, but when that too went sour (weeks from the COVID thing, possibly even days; so much so that it was like she put a restraining order on the entire world), she called me toxic. The same word that the boss had used with regard to my role in the company. Excuse me, but it's also kinda toxic to abuse your employees, take credit for theier work, and cut their hours. I would have not complained if you hadn't given me so few hours that it wasn't even worth coming in. As for the girl, yeah, but it went both ways. She wanted me to help her with problems but I got no respect for it. And when I finally did complain, she got really in a hurry to cut ties.

I have never really been able to open up to other people. And no, it's not a matter of my being trans being a weird thing. I've told them about that or not, but it didn't seem to make any difference. There was a wall regardless, and people I met always seemed to be one of two extremes, friendly but aloof, or outright abusive. Like where are actual normal people at? Soneone once described social behavior like hedgehogs cuddling for warmth. Either they get cold, or they prick each other.

It's not just me. My dad got roped into being president when he just wanted to be a volunteer in a historical society. It was thankfully only about three weeks, but they basically pressured him to be exactly like the last president, and gave him this paper which he wrote, but without any instruction, they're like "That four page paper? It was supposed to be one page." He cut it substantially, and they're like, "Uhhhh this isn't working." And he's all like Ohh thank God. My mom keeps trying to stay in touch with family, but they all give her a cold treatment. She's trying so hard to make them happy. But one sibling's kids are spoiled and the other have a domineering mother who screens all gifts. It's not even worth it to give either set of children any gifts, and the parents themselves are impossibly picky. While her relationship with her children is cold, he relationship with her sister and one of her friends is constant demands. She drives out of town most of the week, resulting in arguments from my dad about incessant phone calls. She's taken for granted.

As for me, my attempt at self-employed dried up, I don't want a new job during COVID hysteria. I'm effectively retired. I'm done, I've had enough of other bosses, and I'm no good as my own boss.
My big bro decides to harass me about it. Then he tried to get my parents to do so. They're more concerned with me having cut social ties, and wouldn't mind if I volunteered. But still, yeah I'm out.

Like, I dunno of anyone who has a normal relationship with anyone. Not on webforums, not outside, nowhere. Why are there healthy relationships? In just this week, someone I'd talked to for awhile arbitrarily blocked me on Discord. Why? Why is it seemingly impossible to connect with other people?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 737 • Replies: 22
No top replies

 
View best answer, chosen by bulmabriefs144
bobsal u1553115
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2022 07:18 pm
It's a serious and real problem. We seem to be turning into a nation of disconnected people.

I have no insight past understanding the scope of the beast. I do not now how he came to be here.

Part of it is how we totally reject friendship with people of different political cant, the need to flash weapons in groups, the need to be judgemental of others, the inability to resist screaming when logic and well thought out points fail. We don't discuss, we keep raising the volume.

I am sorry to hear of your distress at a time you should be enjoying your life.

I know of your spiritual life. This may not be the time to blame G^D, but a time to redouble your communicating with Him.
0 Replies
 
theMadOne
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 03:33 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
The life we live is NOT chosen by God- our original parents rebelled against His rule....
0 Replies
 
NealNealNeal
  Selected Answer
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 04:31 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Bulma,
God did not create us with an inability to relate to other people. It was the result of Original Sin.
You are a man of tremendous insight. However, suffering is one needed thing for this insight to occur.
I consider you to be a friend of mine. However, onsite friendships are by nature rather limited.
I thank God for you. You are a "real" person. You are not plastic.
bulmabriefs144
 
  0  
Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 06:21 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Ah okay. That sorta makes sense.

And I kinda like you too, even though as you say, I'm kinda limited in relationships. But then, offline I'm kinda messed up to, so yeah.
NealNealNeal
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 11:51 am
@bulmabriefs144,
While many people won't admit it we are all messed up. That is why we need a Savior. That is why Jesus died for our sins. In John 10:10 Jesus said that He came so that we might have life and have it abundantly.
SECULAR humanism is a tremendous lie. Despite advances in technology, many people are still miserable.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 12:01 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

While many people won't admit it we are all messed up. That is why we need a Savior. That is why Jesus died for our sins. In John 10:10 Jesus said that He came so that we might have life and have it abundantly.
SECULAR humanism is a tremendous lie. Despite advances in technology, many people are still miserable.



You people who need to be "saved" from the wrath of your god ought to switch to Zeus. Zeus is much more reasonable.
NealNealNeal
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 02:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank,
You completely miss the fact that Christians enjoy a close personal relationship with God. This is a wonderful fact.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 03:02 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Frank,
You completely miss the fact that Christians enjoy a close personal relationship with God. This is a wonderful fact.


With Zeus?

Who woulda thunk it, Neal.
0 Replies
 
NealNealNeal
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 04:08 pm
@NealNealNeal,
LOL
With Jesus.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 06:40 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

LOL
With Jesus.


Yeah, with Hey, Zeus. That's what I said.
NealNealNeal
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 11:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

LOL
With Jesus.


Yeah, with Hey, Zeus. That's what I said.


Again,
LOL
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  0  
Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 12:03 pm
@NealNealNeal,
https://pics.me.me/thank-you-jesus-for-thisfood-de-nada-20952023.png

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself.
NealNealNeal
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2022 02:17 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
How are you doing today?
bulmabriefs144
 
  0  
Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 01:19 am
@NealNealNeal,
Shrug. Better, I guess.

Though I've embraced some weird ideas lately, and written yet another book.
NealNealNeal
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2022 11:41 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Shrug. Better, I guess.

Though I've embraced some weird ideas lately, and written yet another book.

Writing another book sounds quite productive.
0 Replies
 
Albuquerque
 
  2  
Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2022 11:58 am
@bulmabriefs144,
**** Americans do talk about Religion all day don't they?
No wonder Atheists back there are so fed up.

Here in Europe we all go to churches, we all endure old institutions rituals politely, and nobody believes **** or cares to debate God all day long.
...and this is why we have no conflict here.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2022 12:33 pm
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

**** Americans do talk about Religion all day don't they?
No wonder Atheists back there are so fed up.

Here in Europe we all go to churches, we all endure old institutions rituals politely, and nobody believes **** or cares to debate God all day long.
...and this is why we have no conflict here.


Yup.

Europe.

Hardly ever see any conflict there.
Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2022 12:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Seriously?
I am starting to believe American exceptionalism it is a real thing just the other way around...

In spite of all the "Americanization" of Europe in the past 70 years have no doubts, and accounting with all the hypocrisy the old Continent has, we are STILL by a FAR margin the most civilized place to live in on the entire planet!

If you paid attention to statistics you wouldn't bother to reply.

bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 07:15 am
@Albuquerque,
Yeah, that's cuz everyone around you is spiritually dead.

You don't have peace. What this is called is an echo chamber.

If you happen to be spiritual of religious in such a place as Europe, you are very very lonely, as everyone around you is probably either woke or conservative but only superficially religious.

Let's explain America to you. People who settled there often came as religious exiles. There were Puritans who were regarded as heretics by their surrounding neighbors (I personally loathe the Puritan influence on America, it's why we have prudish values, and moral hypocrites everywhere, and why Christianity is mistaken for the same sort of prudish culture in Hollywood). There were the various Protestant sects that left to get away from Catholics. There is a fairly healthy amount of Amish in America's rural areas. Out in the boonies, you'll find scary cults. And of course, the Midwest has Lutherans from places like Norway and Sweden. There are atheists trying to ban religion in schools, and lobbyists preventing it. America talks about religion, because religion is a part of America ethos, especially the idea of personal religion.

The European Union is not a place I want to go. I've talked to Germans, it seems like they have some sort of tax that Christians pay, so everyone became a nominal Christian or at least kept the fact a secret. Good job!

As for hypocrisy, some of the worst hypocrites I know are all atheists. They talk about not polluting, but they are perfectly fin with doing so as long as they don't have to see it. Their electric cars appear not to spew out smoke. So they assume they are clean and never quedtion the power plants used to produce power, or they stop examining once assured it is wind or solar. Are you aware that graphene from solar cells can chip off and get into the water (killing fish)? Are you aware that win turbines move so quickly that birds assume they are still, resulting in thousands or millions of chopped up birds? Are you aware that some of these two , even wirh lined up grids, simply do not generate the power to run an entire city, so there are often hidden power plants producing the real power? Are you further aware that most electric cars require ten or even twenty hours to charge, potentially ruining any power source that would instead power the city?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Why did God make us completely unable...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/22/2024 at 10:54:29