1
   

Why did God make us completely unable...

 
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 07:39 am
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

Seriously?
I am starting to believe American exceptionalism it is a real thing just the other way around...

In spite of all the "Americanization" of Europe in the past 70 years have no doubts, and accounting with all the hypocrisy the old Continent has, we are STILL by a FAR margin the most civilized place to live in on the entire planet!

If you paid attention to statistics you wouldn't bother to reply.




Yeah.

Like I said: Europe. Ya hardly ever see any conflict over there!

Wowzer! This forum gets more humorous with each passing day.
Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 08:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
Are you talking about the East big bully or about 70 years ago?
Europe is no Saint and full of hypocrites everywhere, there is plenty to get better at in Europe, but as I said life in Europe is more fair and more tolerant in spite of its Americanization.
You know this is true, and you also know that Europeans like Americans even if they mocked them, so why are you so torn on the subject?
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 08:50 am
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:


Are you talking about the East big bully or about 70 years ago?


I am talking about Europe, Albuquerque...and your comment about it.

Do you agree with my comment, "Europe. One hardly ever sees any conflict there."

Quote:

Europe is no Saint and full of hypocrites everywhere, there is plenty to get better at in Europe, but as I said life in Europe is more fair and more tolerant in spite of its Americanization.


Any "Americanization" of Europe...is a function of Europeans and what they have, of their own volition, adopted from America. If anything, America became Europeanized from its inception...and remains Europeanized through to today. European values have dominated our nation...and there are elements now in play to perpetuate that situation. They are called "The American Rightwing."


Quote:
You know this is true, and you also know that Europeans like Americans even if they mocked them, so why are you so torn on the subject?


I suspect more Europeans dislike than like Americans, but so what. I happen to be an American who is an unabashed Anglophile and Europhile. I loved my time over the pond...and relish the memories of my days there.

What makes you suppose I am torn on the subject?

Is it because I suggested the absurdity of supposing Europe should be held up an an exemplar of "A Place of Little or No Conflict?"
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/22/2024 at 09:40:36