I said I loved him, and he replied with this

Thu 13 Jan, 2022 12:49 pm
So I have been seeing a guy for two years, I’m not sure what we are. We live opposite sides of the country with over a 6 hour journey between us. We met online and most of the relationship has been on there. We have met roughly around 20 times in total. And sex sex, especially on the last couple of occasions. We have a connection, we talk everyday, all day, about everything and anything.

Yesterday I had a mad moment and told him I loved him. This wasn’t face to face and was during an online conversation. His reply was “ I don’t love you as in loveeee, but I do care about you, and like you as more than a friend.”

I haven’t replied and have decided to stay away and cut contact, due to me obviously getting all this wrong. Any guy able to elaborate on what this really means from his point on view?

Mame

Thu 13 Jan, 2022 12:51 pm
@Clairebilly101,
Sorry, I'm not a guy but it sounds pretty clear to me. He likes you as more than a friend but he's not in love-love. Why not give it a little more time? Can you visit him more often?
Linkat

Thu 13 Jan, 2022 02:43 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Sorry, I'm not a guy but it sounds pretty clear to me. He likes you as more than a friend but he's not in love-love. Why not give it a little more time? Can you visit him more often?

Yeah he like likes you ... Which roughly translates to he is attracted v to you likes you quite a bit ...maybe a girlfriend boyfriend kind of feeling.

So he isn't in love with you but it doesn't mean he would not eventually.... Sounds like he needs more quality time..which means seeing him in person more.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 14 Jan, 2022 08:15 pm
I think if you continue this relationship with the intention of him changing his tune, you will undoubtedly be totally disappointed.

If a committed relationship is your goal, you need to meet someone else.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Sat 15 Jan, 2022 02:42 am
@Clairebilly101,
So.... what happened to your husband??

Quote:
So me and my husband have been married for 10 years and have two children.
Mame

Sat 15 Jan, 2022 06:08 am
@neptuneblue,
Good question.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 15 Jan, 2022 09:37 am
Sure seems mighty inconsistent with the several posts you made from January 2 onwards.

Do you think we don’t read?

Bagged!
0 Replies

Linkat

Sat 15 Jan, 2022 01:16 pm
@neptuneblue,
I guess she was actually having this affair already then...
glitterbag

Sat 15 Jan, 2022 01:22 pm
@Linkat,
Or she was just trying a different personality on for us.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 15 Jan, 2022 04:23 pm
@glitterbag,
B.I.N.G.O.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Mon 24 Jan, 2022 05:58 am
@Clairebilly101,
You said it yourself. This is about sex. Love doesn't enter into this relationship.

First reply is dead-wrong. This is friends with benefits. An expensive one at that, considering the cross-country drive. Don't waste your time or money.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Thu 17 Feb, 2022 08:10 pm
@Clairebilly101,
Maybe he considers the word love to be superstitious
Leadfoot

Mon 28 Feb, 2022 12:39 pm
@Mrknowspeople,
Sounds like 'projection' to me dude.
What gave you that impression?
0 Replies