Fitzgerald Investigation of Leak of Identity of CIA Agent

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 04:41 pm
Advocate, You're worried about "looks?" Jeezuz, you've lost it, kid. We're talking lives here.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 04:43 pm
BTW, our "looks" was destroyed long ago by Bush when he authorized torture of our prisoners, killed over 100,000 innocent Iraqis, and we're not ready to leave when Malaki asks us to set some departure dates. Most Muslim countries see us as occupiers, and they hate us for that. That alone will spike their wish towards terrorist activities against Americans.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 09:30 pm
You are right about looks. But we should have a time table, which is what the Iraq govt. is demanding.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 09:33 pm
Advocate wrote:
You are right about looks. But we should have a time table, which is what the Iraq govt. is demanding.

And Bush is refusing to provide; even when he repeatedly told us "we'll leave when they ask us to leave."
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 10:31 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Advocate wrote:

And Bush is refusing to provide; even when he repeatedly told us "we'll leave when they ask us to leave."

And they are asking (demanding). But when did Bush ever tell the truth.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:35 am
Plame is not the only victim of Novak. He just hit a pedestrian and did a hit and run.

Bob Novak hits pedestrian
Syndicated columnist Robert Novak, the man who first publicly revealed Valerie Plame's identity as a CIA operative, hit a pedestrian while driving his black Corvette to work this morning along Washington's K Street.

The 77-year-old conservative journalist and TV pundit -- whose column on Plame unleashed a federal investigation that led to vice presidential Chief of Staff Scooter Libby's conviction for lying -- told the Washington Post he had no idea he had hit anyone until he was flagged down by several witnesses, including a bicycle messenger who called D.C. police. Novak said the messenger (since reported to be not a messenger but a lawyer commuting to work) was "shouting at me that I couldn't just hit people and drive away. But I didn't know I'd hit him. I really didn't have any idea it happened until they flagged me down and told me."

Turns out this is not the first time Novak has had a run-in with pedestrians. The Washington Post's Lloyd Grove reported back in March of 2001 that CNN researcher Evan Glass was walking across Pennsylvania Avenue at noon one day when he passed in front of Novak's Corvette. "Learn to read the signs!" Novak snapped, according to Glass. Novak told Grove: "He was crossing on the red light. I really hate jay walkers. I despise them. Since I don't run the country, all I can do is yell at 'em. The other option is to run 'em over, but as a compassionate conservative, I would never do that."

Novak told the local ABC affiliate that he had no idea if the victim was even a man or a woman. You can see the WJLA-TV video of their interview with Novak here. The victim, a man in his 60s, was taken to George Washington University Medical Center with "very minor injuries," said D.C. Fire Department spokesman Alan Etter.

Asked by C2C (that's us, Countdown to Crawford) if the columnist had been talking on his cellphone, a spokeswoman for Novak said, "I know for a fact that he was not." She said Novak, cited for failing to yield a right of way and fined $50, is no longer taking press calls.

-- Johanna Neuman
--latimes.com
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:40 am
Yeah, Novak, the compassionate conservative without a brain; reveals a CIA agent that put all her contacts in jeopardy. Compassionate conservative - huh! Just like Bush who says each life is precious, but doesn't have any qualms about the hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis killed and maimed by his illegal war.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:43 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Yeah, Novak, the compassionate conservative without a brain; reveals a CIA agent that put all her contacts in jeopardy. Compassionate conservative - huh! Just like Bush who says each life is precious, but doesn't have any qualms about the hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis killed and maimed by his illegal war.

You are right on. Novak, in particular, is really odious.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:33 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

How many of those Iraqi's have been killed by other Iraqi's?
How many have been killed by forces from other countries?
How many have been the victims of random crime, committed by other Iraqi's?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:44 pm
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

MM, following your logic, Iraqis are fair game for us. Unfortunately, it has been a very costly hunt for us. There is not only the cost in our soldiers and treasury, but it has produced even more terrorists and hatred around the world.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:53 pm
Advocate wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

MM, following your logic, Iraqis are fair game for us. Unfortunately, it has been a very costly hunt for us. There is not only the cost in our soldiers and treasury, but it has produced even more terrorists and hatred around the world.

How the hell do you get that from what I posted?
I am saying that not every death in Iraq is the fault of the US or George Bush.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:57 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

How the hell do you get that from what I posted?
I am saying that not every death in Iraq is the fault of the US or George Bush.

Of course not; but the majority of them are. Either we killed them, or we created a lawless situation in which criminals and terrorists could not be contained in any way, which led to their deaths. We bear culpability for the situation.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:59 pm
MM, I thought you were diminishing the horrors we visited on Iraq for no valid reason. Am I wrong?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:21 pm
Advocate wrote:
MM, I thought you were diminishing the horrors we visited on Iraq for no valid reason. Am I wrong?

You are 100% wrong.
I cant diminish the horrors going on in Iraq, I have first hand knowledge.

I was only saying that not every death in Iraq is the fault of the US or George Bush.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 01:32 am
I wasn't aware that George Bush was a member of Al Qaeda?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 06:49 am
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

You are 100% wrong.
I cant diminish the horrors going on in Iraq, I have first hand knowledge.

I was only saying that not every death in Iraq is the fault of the US or George Bush.

But who ever said otherwise? But our killing there has been so gratuitous (not considering that we went into the country to grab its oil).
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:14 am
Valerie Plame-Wilson slams Bob Novak for hitting pedestrian

Syndicated columnist Bob Novak publicly revealed Valerie Plame-Wilson's identity as a covert CIA agent in 2003, setting in motion an investigation that brought down I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, and seriously damaged the reputation of Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage and White House political maestro Karl Rove for leaking her name to other journalists.

The Wilsons left Washington two years ago to live in Santa Fe, N.M., where, as Wonkette put it "terrorists and Bob Novak will never find them." Now, from the desert, they are weighing in on Novak's latest brush with the law in the nation's capital -- an incident that happened Wednesday in which the 77-year-old syndicated columnist, driving a black Corvette, hit a pedestrian and kept on driving.

In a statement to ThinkProgress, the Wilsons equated Novak's disregard for pedestrians with a similar disdain for covert CIA officers.

Our sympathies go out to the victim of Novak's action. Once again Novak has demonstrated his callous disregard for the rights of others, as well as his chronic inability to accept responsibility for his actions.

We have long argued that responsible adults should take Novak's typewriter away. The time has arrived for them to also take away the keys to his Corvette.

Meanwhile, details are emerging on other aspects of the case.

The victim, 66-year-old Don Likinquist, may be in worse shape than earlier reported. Or not. WJLA-TV is quoting an unnamed source who said the man has casts on his neck and back and is awaiting a surgical team evaluation.

The lawyer who stopped Novak half a block away -- and who does not believe the columnist's claim that he had no idea he'd hit anyone -- turns out to be an Obama Democrat. David Bono, a partner at Harkins Cunningham, contributed $2,000 to the Obama campaign in May during the frenzied primary run against Hillary Rodham Clinton, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

As for Novak, he's not talking, but he told WJLA-TV yesterday that he feels "terrible," adding of the victim, "He's not dead, that's the main thing."

But, as C2C (that's us, Countdown to Crawford) reported Wednesday, Novak has shown disdain for pedestrians before. In 2001, according to the Washington Post's Lloyd Grove, Novak yelled at a jaywalker, later explaining to Grove: "He was crossing on the red light. I really hate jaywalkers. I despise them. Since I don't run the country, all I can do is yell at 'em. The other option is to run 'em over, but as a compassionate conservative, I would never do that."

-- Johanna Neuman (LA Times)
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 09:58 am
Novak takes out one lib with his Corvette.

Conservative columnist Robert Novak has taken the notion of politics as contact sport to new lengths today when he splayed a pedestrian onto his windshield and continued driving down the street. Upon being accosted by a witness, Mr. Novak indicated that "I didn't know that I hit him."

The victim was a former editor of a traditionally liberal law journal. Police are still investigating the matter, which occurred only hours ago. The Schadenfreude Post will report further on the situation as facts become available.

Some witnesses at the scene reported that Mr. Novak was shouting that he was "The Prince of Darkness" and that "Heath Ledger is a wuss" in the moments after an alarmed civilian flagged down the manic columnist.

TSP mental health advisor Alcofribas Nasier noted that the victim bore a striking resemblance to former CIA operative Valerie Plame, who was illegally burned as an agent through the reporting of Mr. Novak. He also noted that Mr. Novak's use of a black Corvette to commit his attempted assassination said a lot about his mental state and virility.

"It is possible that the 77-year old curmudgeon saw the victim walking down the street and presumed that he had to take her out of commission" before she could extract revenge for his underhanded role in the destruction of her career, said Mr. Nasier. "I'm convinced that Mr. Novak believes that he is more sinister and diabolical than The Joker."

Unfortunately, Mr. Novak forgot that he wasn't in Chicago anymore, where such antics are not only tolerated but a necessary part of career development in the news and politics business.

Vice President Dick Cheney issued a press release that expressed his hope for a quick recovery for "the Harvard liberal." Mr. Cheney's office is also floating a trial balloon to the effect that Mr. Novak was acting in self defense, as he truly believed that Ms. Plame was part of a secretive group of ninja-secret agent liberals out to get him and thought that Harvard Law Review was the center of the conspiracy.

Mr. Novak had no comment when informed by TSP that Harvard is known for "liberal arts," which is quite different than liberal political views.

-- posted somewhere on the net
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 08:16 am
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 08:33 am
Quote:
He concluded that there was no credible evidence to support the claim that Iraq had purchased uranium yellowcake from Niger

And where or when did the admin ever make that claim?

This is what Bush said...
Quote:
"The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa

Nobody ever claimed that Iraq actually bought yellow cake, only that they wanted to.

There is a big difference between the two statements.
0 Replies