Fitzgerald Investigation of Leak of Identity of CIA Agent

mysteryman

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:06 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
It's treason under any other administration. Bush believes he's above all laws. That congress and the supreme court does nothing to make the charges is not "our" fault; our government is not working like it should be. It's too bad you guys don't hear all the warning bells that will destroy our country.

So you are saying that "any other administration" can define treason any way they want, instead of how the Constitution defines it?

Isnt the Constitution the supreme law of this country?

BTW, congress and the USSC dont have the authority to charge antone with treason, that would take a federal prosecutor to do.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:07 am
No. Treasonous actions are already on the books. It's not our fault if you fail to understand the laws.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:12 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
No. Treasonous actions are already on the books. It's not our fault if you fail to understand the laws.

Then please list the US Code that defines treason any other way then what the Constitution says.
If there are such codes, I would be interested in reading them, along with what actions are on the books.

I dont know of any, so if you do please educate me.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 01:05 pm
Advocate wrote:
Okie, assume arguendo that technically the administration did not commit a crime, don't you agree that what the WH did was reprehensible? It was not only Armitage who leaked her ID, but Rove, Libby, Fleischer, and others worked to leak her ID to the press. This destroyed a big CIA (taxpayer) investment in Brewster-Jennings, endangered foreign agents of the CIA, and, worst of all, damaged the security of the USA. It is truly beyond belief that you can defend the WH.

Okie, you obviously misread the above. Further, you seem to be saying that if what the WH did was not a crime, it is therefore wise, judicious, good for the country, and not reprehensible. That is ridiculous.

Joe Wilson did nothing wrong. He acted patriotically when, through his editorial, he showed that Bush lied relative to a critical defense matter.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 09:25 pm
We will just have to disagree on this. I am one that sees the CIA engaging in very unwise and politically charged undermining of the administration. First, they tell Bush that Hussein probably has WMD, as officially reported through the proper channels via the head of the CIA, which is proper, then when a request is made to investigate the yellowcake story in Niger, they send a diplomat, not an agent, to Niger to talk to officials there, from which he found out nothing new, he then comes back and claims he found no evidence of procuring yellowcake, when his report to the intelligence committee did not agree with this conclusion. He then writes an oped piece about his supposed intelligence work and he makes claims that his work did not support. No wonder the administration wonders who sent this guy and they find it curious that his wife already works there at the CIA, which explains the sham trip, that supposedly he never even got paid for, if you can believe that. The whole thing is a joke, and is made further a joke when the Wilsons appear in Vanity Fair, certainly not consistent with folks that seek to keep a low profile in my opinion.

Robert Novak obtained their identity through in part through legal channels, and even in part because the CIA itself confirmed their identity. Blame the CIA, which has utterly failed us and needs a major reform.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 10:48 am
okie wrote:
We will just have to disagree on this. I am one that sees the CIA engaging in very unwise and politically charged undermining of the administration. First, they tell Bush that Hussein probably has WMD, as officially reported through the proper channels via the head of the CIA, which is proper, then when a request is made to investigate the yellowcake story in Niger, they send a diplomat, not an agent, to Niger to talk to officials there, from which he found out nothing new, he then comes back and claims he found no evidence of procuring yellowcake, when his report to the intelligence committee did not agree with this conclusion. He then writes an oped piece about his supposed intelligence work and he makes claims that his work did not support. No wonder the administration wonders who sent this guy and they find it curious that his wife already works there at the CIA, which explains the sham trip, that supposedly he never even got paid for, if you can believe that. The whole thing is a joke, and is made further a joke when the Wilsons appear in Vanity Fair, certainly not consistent with folks that seek to keep a low profile in my opinion.

Robert Novak obtained their identity through in part through legal channels, and even in part because the CIA itself confirmed their identity. Blame the CIA, which has utterly failed us and needs a major reform.

Quote:

You really don't realize how this stark defence of outright liars with lies of your own makes you appear as a human being.

How many innocent Iraqis have to die, how many children have to be orphaned, how many children have to have their arms or legs blown off, how many children have to be burned by phosphorus bombs, how many people have to be contaminated with depleted uranium, before your "conscience" stirs?

This is evil, an evil as deep, as putrid, as any the world has ever known.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 11:46 am
JTT, Thank you; I was wondering if I was the only poster here that was trying to challenge the heads of okie and mm.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 11:47 am
mm, I already posted the "laws" governing classified information. Not my problem you don't understand them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 11:48 am
mm, That you would mention the Constitution is an irony you'll never understand.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:25 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
mm, That you would mention the Constitution is an irony you'll never understand.

Actually, no its not.
I support the Constitution 100%.
I believe it means EXACTLY what it says, is not a "living document", and that if its not in the Constitution the govt cannot interpret it to mean whatever they want it to.

I have said that before, and I will continue to say that.
Now, you have said that "It's treason under any other administration."

You have stated that "any other administration" is free to interpret the Constitution any way they want, and to ignore what the Constitution says about treason and what it is and how someone can be convicted of it.

It seems to me that you are the one ignoring the Constitution in this case.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:44 pm
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Actually, no its not.
I believe it means EXACTLY what it says, is not a "living document", and that if its not in the Constitution the govt cannot interpret it to mean whatever they want it to.

You have stated that "any other administration" is free to interpret the Constitution any way they want, and to ignore what the Constitution says about treason and what it is and how someone can be convicted of it.

Do you also support the Bill of Rights? b/c, if you do, I'm sure you would agree with me that Bush's illegal spying program violates the 4th amendment.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:51 pm
JTT, Okie and the rest of the right have no concern for the unwarranted destruction of large populations of innocents. Another example of this is our country's actions in Nam, where we killed over 3 M people.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:55 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Actually, no its not.

Do you also support the Bill of Rights? b/c, if you do, I'm sure you would agree with me that Bush's illegal spying program violates the 4th amendment.

Cycloptichorn

Whether it violates the 4th amendment or not has not yet been determined, because the legality of the program has not yet been determined.
If it is determined that it is illegal, then yes it does violate the 4th amendment.

And for those of you that dont know, here is the 4th amendment...

Quote:
Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:56 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Actually, no its not.

Cycloptichorn

Whether it violates the 4th amendment or not has not yet been determined, because the legality of the program has not yet been determined.
If it is determined that it is illegal, then yes it does violate the 4th amendment.

And for those of you that dont know, here is the 4th amendment...

Quote:
Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The legality of the program has been determined; there is a law called FISA which expressly outlaws the program. This law is still on the books.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:58 pm
Advocate wrote:
JTT, Okie and the rest of the right have no concern for the unwarranted destruction of large populations of innocents. Another example of this is our country's actions in Nam, where we killed over 3 M people.

Or Japan,where we killed over 2 million people, or Europe where we killed at least one million innocent people, or any other war the US has ever fought.

Innocent people are killed in EVERY WAR, and yes it is regretable.

The US military goes out of its way to avoid civilian casualties, including up to and including risking US troops so that innocents are not hurt.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:11 pm
MM, the big difference is that we were lied into wars with Nam and Iraq.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:23 pm
Advocate wrote:

So that changes how the military does its job?
I dont think so.

Soldiers do their job, irregardless of why we are fighting.

The US military will ALWAYS do whatever it can to avoid civilian casualties, unfortunately it isnt always possible to insure that there will be no innocent casualties.

I am living proof that the military will risk soldiers to save innocent lives from being lost in combat.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:16 pm
MM, I gather that you feel that, even when we know that our president lied us into the war with Iraq, the military should stay in and murder millions.

If this is your view, you are as big a beast as is Bush.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:51 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

So that changes how the military does its job?
I dont think so.

Soldiers do their job, irregardless of why we are fighting.

That's a lie. Soldiers are duty bound to refuse to engage in war crimes.

The US military will ALWAYS do whatever it can to avoid civilian casualties, unfortunately it isnt always possible to insure that there will be no innocent casualties.

Wrong again.

Quote:

http://deoxy.org/wc/warcrime.htm

Incinerated body of an Iraqi soldier on the "Highway of Death," a name the press has given to the road from Mutlaa, Kuwait, to Basra, Iraq. U.S. planes immobilized the convoy by disabling vehicles at its front and rear, then bombing and straffing the resulting traffic jam for hours. More than 2,000 vehicles and tens of thousands of charred and dismembered bodies littered the sixty miles of highway. The clear rapid incineration of the human being [pictured above] suggests the use of napalm, phosphorus, or other incindiary bombs. These are anti-personnel weapons outlawed under the 1977 Geneva Protocols.

This massive attack occurred after Saddam Hussein announced a complete troop withdrawl from Kuwait in compliance with UN Resolution 660. Such a massacre of withdrawing Iraqi soldiers violates the Geneva Convention of 1949, common article 3, which outlaws the killing of soldiers who "are out of combat." There are, in addition, strong indications that many of those killed were Palestinian and Kuwaiti civilians trying to escape the impending seige of Kuwait City and the return of Kuwaiti armed forces. No attempt was made by U.S. military command to distinguish between military personnel and civilians on the "highway of death." The whole intent of international law with regard to war is to prevent just this sort of indescriminate and excessive use of force.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:55 pm
Some people just don't have a conscience, and that includes people like mm and ican. Never mind ethics and international laws.
0 Replies