Am I (and are you) a "liberal extremist" or an 'evil progressive"?

izzythepush

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 07:40 am
@Mame,
Let's be clear about one thing.

This is Max whining because he can't get his way, the nastiness is all from him.

We all have problems with individuals on A2K, Max has problems with everyone.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 07:54 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This is funny! Let's be clear about what is happening.

Mame started this nasty thread to single out two people who she doesn't like. Read the title of the thread. Read the first post. Mame started this thread to attack other members.

This is a nasty little insular group with a narrow set of opinions. There is no "conversation" here. This "discussion" you are talking about is a mix of simplistic political propaganda (which I don't mind too much but I am going to question), and throwing mud at anyone who dares to express an other opinion.

RealMusic is a hypocrite. He ignores the nastiness from Izzy and Bobsal and Mame. The real problem here is that there are people who dare to express and depend opinions from outside the bubble.

Mame's intention is to push out any opinion that doesn't fit with a narrow, politically correct, ideological narrative. I belong here. I am not going away. And yes, I am going to push back on this nasty attack on anything resembling critical thought.

Able2know has always had a identity crisis. There is a disagreement about what Able2know should be.

1) Some people seem to think that Able2know should be an insular group of people who think alike with the goal of supporting their beliefs and attacking other points of view.

2) Other people (myself included) think that Able2know should be a place for people of different points of view can interact, express and defend their ideas and maybe even learn from each other.

There are years of history here for some of us. But basically this thread is another clash between these two ideas.

I have always been here to express and defend ideas. It is likely that I could make things better. I could ignore the personal crap from Mame and Izzy and Bobsal, and I admit my failings in this.

But I am here to express and defend ideas, and to question narratives. And that is what I am going to do.
neptuneblue

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 07:59 am
@maxdancona,
I'm pretty sure the creators get to decide what their platform "should" look like. It is interesting you consider yourself as the moderator in place to make sure differing opinions occur at the time and place YOU desire.

Good luck with that...
maxdancona

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 08:00 am
@neptuneblue,
I agree with you Neptune. I follow the rules set forward by the moderators, as do you. I have even had a couple of posts removed (in at least one case I agreed with their decisions).

The moderators allow me to express and defend my opinions here. This is something I appreciate and the reason that I am here after many years.

That being said, this entire thread could be seen to be in violation of rule 8.
neptuneblue

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 08:05 am
@maxdancona,
I disagree.

Someone started a new thread.

You do it all the time.

So now it's a violation to start new threads?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Dec, 2021 08:13 am
@maxdancona,
Keep tolling, Mr never-break-the-rules.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 17 Dec, 2021 06:40 am
Google crowds celebrating death of Lucia Hiriart, Pinochet's widow, if you want to see people enjoying the death of a fascist.

That's what it looks like, and there's no corresponding pictures of European or North American "liberals" celebrating the deaths of anti vaxxers.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 17 Dec, 2021 07:33 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Mame started this thread to attack other members.
No, she did not. That's your modus operandi; you're projecting again.
Quote:
Other people (myself included) think that Able2know should be a place for people of different points of view can interact, express and defend their ideas and maybe even learn from each other.
This sounds reasonable. However, as you seem to think that you are opposed by a "nasty little insular group with a narrow set of opinions", I have to question your style of interaction with these nasty people. You insult them, you antagonize them, you call them names, you derisively reject their arguments as "bullshit", you start threads complaining about them, and you continually hold up your own behavior as superior, portraying yourself as a paragon of moderation and reason.
Quote:
But basically this thread is another clash between these two ideas.
No, these are arguments between people, not ideas. "Ideas" don't compose threads and pen responses. You've declared an open season on people who don't share your ideological narrative© and regularly show up on other people's threads to push your own political line and insult other members. While you are free to do this, you seem to expect to be able to do it without generating hostility! There are techniques for initiating and conducting discussions with people you disagree with – unfortunately you don't know what they are and are now complaining about the ideological corner you've backed yourself into.
Quote:
The real problem here is that there are people who dare to express and depend opinions from outside the bubble.
Yeah – from outside your bubble.
Quote:
I belong here.
Pathetic.

bobsal u1553115

Fri 17 Dec, 2021 08:21 am
@hightor,
Thank-you for calmly and firmly saying all of that.
0 Replies