Wouldn't you just love to have a pet like this?

littlek

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:03 pm
Grrr.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:00 am
boomerang wrote:
When I was a kid we had a bunch of cats and one parakeet that belonged to my sister.

My brother made a tape loop saying "here kitty kitty kitty" that he would set up under the bird's cage every morning after my sister left for school and sneak away before she returned.

Eventually the bird began to say "here kitty kitty kitty" all on its own.

That crazy bird's cage was always surrounded by cats.

kickycan wrote:
Well, Heeven, I can understand why you would. You're two of a kind. You are both foul-mouthed fowl.

Razz Razz Razz
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:12 am
kickycan wrote:
Yeah, you're probably right. My cat's a real pussy.

SneakyBeaky wrote:
But of course, Rockey (aka PigPig and Poultry in a Clownsuit) has been working on these behavior problems and has come a long way. He's even expanded his rather limited vocabulary to include words like crack rock, amongst other things (and this was of his own doing- he creates new words by combining old words he knows; crack rock is a conglomerate of cracker and rock-rock)

This thread's the funniest in days ...

By the way, there is indeed, it turns out, a 104-year-old foul-mouthed parrot who spends his retiring days in a garden centre in Surrey, entertaining customers at the Heathfield Nurseries, in Reigate, with a string of obscene anti-Nazi tirades. (LINK) Unfortunately however, his owner's claims that it's Winston Churchill's former bird have been dismissed out of hand by the Churchill family. In fact, Winston's daughter, Lady Soames, asserts that Churchill never owned any macaw and is decidedly miffed about the entire story, which she calls "too tiresome for words". (LINK).
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:06 pm
I had a parrot for a few years, and she was ridiculously smart. SHe knew that any thumping noise that sounded like a knock at the door would make our dog start barking. So if she heard a thump, before the dog could even start, she'd say "Derby! Cease!" (Cease was the command we used for stop barking.) If she heard sexy saxophone type music on tv, she knew it was a love scene and she'd start smooching. She was a riot.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 10:12 pm
Then there's this pet -
Golden Retriever comes in 72nd in Alcatraz Swim
0 Replies