The British Empire's Achievements

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 06:45 am
Now let's look at the English Empire.
What did you stop, Britain.
We'll work backwards.
Adolf Hitler, an advertising man you pissed off into becoming Chancellor of Germany.
Napoleon Bonaparte, an illiterate that wanted an army of hookers, because of English sayings regarding sex.
Joan of Arc, someone who was given a psychotic break between the Anglicans and Catholics, and was burned by both, after fighting for the French instead of England or Italy.
The Spanish Armada, accusing Elizabeth I of being a witch, for causing riots with art performances in London and abroad.
The Hanseatic League, destroyed for not using national ground borders, practicing trade.
The Muslims, ordered dead on the Pope's orders, for being atheist, and having a military system, instead of a shared religion of histories.
The Vikings, tricked and trapped into recovering captive Scandinavian men and women, being fed to house cats in pits.
The Irish, kidnapping your women, because you burned our crops, you rotten English bastards.
The Bretons, Picts, and Jutes, the native inhabitants of Britain and Ireland and Scotland, conquered by the Anglo-Saxons, low-blooded German tribesmen, the English, because they had lost every ground war since leaving Russia.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 754 • Replies: 6

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 07:56 am
History as fruit salad.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 09:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Have you seen his other posts?

It's all deranged or offensive or both.

He is incredibly anti Semitic.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 09:38 am
@izzythepush,
A prime example of the less some know about the something, the more confident that person will be about his competence on the entire subject.

As least he spun some real laffers in that post.

"Adolf Hitler, an advertising man you pissed off into becoming Chancellor of Germany."
izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 09:53 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Talking of real History there was a review of Devil-Land by Clare Jackson.

It looks at the hundred years beginning with the unsuccessful invasion of England by the Spanish and ends with the successful invasion by the Dutch.

This is a period we're rather proud of with an autocratic regime at the beginning being replaced by a parliamentary democracy under William of Orange.

However, during this period the rest of Europe saw us as a rogue state, executing two monarchs, Mary Queen of Scots and Charles I.

From what I heard it sounds like a good read.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 03:14 pm
@izzythepush,
I've been reading medieval English history for years. I've read a little restoration history and studied some drama, like Sheridan. Enjoyed Barry Lyndon. Sounds like a good book.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 03:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It's interesting to see it from the other side.
0 Replies