The Ahmaud Arbury Murder Trial

snood

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 06:55 am
The trial has begun of three men accused of killing a jogger last year in Georgia.

The three men who got in their vehicles and chased down the jogger were white. They grabbed a pistol and a shotgun before they gave chase. The defendants’ names are Gregory and Travis McMichael, and William Bryan.
The jogger was black. His name was Ahmaud Arbery.

The three men say they suspected Arbery of committing a crime, and were going to chase him down, do a citizen's arrest, and detain him until the police came. Arbury's father and his friends say that Armaud was out for a jog, as he was known to often do in that area.

The defendants say that they tried five times to block Arbury from continuing to run. They say they then approached him on foot and were going to detain him, but Arbury reached for the shotgun, so they – fearing for their life – shot him three times in self-defense. Arbery took two shotgun blasts to the torso, and a grazed shot to the face.

In the video that defendant William Bryant took, you can see the men try to block Arbury with a truck, and then when Arbury tries to go around the truck, you see the men confront him, a brief struggle, and then you hear three shots and see Arbury fall.

Two months passed before the three men were arrested. One of state’s prosecuting attorneys prevented their arrest. More about that below.
Jury selection ended with 11 white jurors and one black juror. The judge said in a public statement that “the court sees intentional discrimination in the selection of jurors”, but let the case go forward.

The prosecutor in this case is the fourth to be assigned. The first recused herself because the elder McMichael had worked for her.
The second recused himself because his son had worked for Ms. Johnson, the first prosecutor. He was a good candidate for recusal because it was he who had prevented any arrests or prosecutions of the three men for so long, arguing that they had clearly been trying to uphold the law by performing a citizen’s arrest.
The third was removed and replaced because the State Attorney general believed that his law firm only had experience with local, coastal, and rural issues and was too small to handle a case of this magnitude.
The fourth prosecutor works for one of Georgia’s largest law firms, with 45 lawyers and an annual budget of 8.5 million dollars.

This case is reminiscent to me of the trial of George Zimmerman for killing Trayvon Martin. In both cases, white men acting in no official capacity tried to exert authority over a black male and detain him, leading to a struggle and the black man’s death.

(It’s also a little like the Kyle Rittenhouse case, in that someone who
approached a situation armed ends up killing someone and saying they had to because they feared for their life.)

Zimmerman got away with it.
I guess we’ll see what happens in this case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Ahmaud_Arbery
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/mcmichaels-hearing-ahmaud-arbery/index.html

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 4,311 • Replies: 204

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 04:25 pm
@snood,
I'm so sorry that the first response was from that odious racist.

I for one am taking this thread very seriously.
snood

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 04:41 pm
@izzythepush,
I know you will Izzy. And don’t worry, I’ve finally learned to rarely stoop to read anything that person posts anymore.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 07:14 pm
@snood,
The hard part is ignoring his stench.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 07:21 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Progressives rely on childish insults because they are incapable of defending their demented ideology with facts or logic.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 07:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

The hard part is ignoring his stench.

Yeah, well you never have to wonder when he’s around. Just sniff the air.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 07:44 pm
@snood,
Poor snood isn't capable of making intelligent arguments.
Laughing
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 01:09 pm
@oralloy,
Pot meet kettle
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 01:19 pm
@oralloy,
YOUR OWN WORDS once again make your racism clear, no matter how you try to deny it. None of your post is true.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 02:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Pot meet kettle

Wrong again. I make intelligent arguments. Snood spews childish namecalling. Not the same thing.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 04:23 pm
@oralloy,
Nonsense. your arguments aren't intelligent They're dumb, illogical, c0ntrafactual and false.. We've read them for years, so we speak from experience.
snood

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 07:55 am
Jurors viewed a series of surveillance videos that showed Arbury visiting that same construction site several times, previous to the day he got chased and shot. Never disturbing or taking anything, just looking around. Arbury had three uncles who were electricians, and he was very clear that he wanted to follow in their footsteps. It’s at least as good a reason for him to be looking around in an unfinished house as the one that says he was casing the joint to steal something.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 08:59 am
@snood,
The worst part is even if he was loaded with plywood drops, some loose shingles and he was arrested, he'd been slapped on the wrist at worse.

I guarantee you there were white neighbors walking through that site looking at what was being built and looking at it for ideas.

I bet there are dog houses in that white neighborhood built out of construction scraps from that site.

They flat out murdered Ahmaud Arbury. Why did it take three armed men to talk to Arbury. If they thought they needed guns, why didn't they call the cops?
snood

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 09:04 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I agree with every you said except that if Arbury had been arrested for stealing wood scraps, I wouldn’t count on him getting off with a stern word.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 09:15 am
@snood,
Let me adjust that: up in Ohio where I worked for my dad building homes around Cleveland and Akron, he would have been given a stern warning and if the site had enough drops and scrap around, the city would have ordered the owners to skip it up and haul it away.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 09:27 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
They flat out murdered Ahmaud Arbury.

Wrong. Defending yourself from a suspicious person is not murder.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Why did it take three armed men to talk to Arbury. If they thought they needed guns, why didn't they call the cops?

Progressives don't allow white people to call the cops on minorities anymore.

White people who feel threatened by a minority have to take the law into their own hands now.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 09:59 am
@oralloy,
Explain how three armed guys were defending themselves by not allowing him to go on his way? Explain why if they were so afraid they needed to arm themselves, they chased him down with and boxed him with vehicles while armed and didn't call the cops?

BTW Max thinks you're stalking me.

1. Forums
  2. » The Ahmaud Arbury Murder Trial
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:56:18