The Ahmaud Arbury Murder Trial

snood

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 09:29 am
This cross examination is making this idiot look like a bumbling liar who got all excited about the chance to shoot a ni*ger, went and did it, and now he’s trying to make it sound like it was anything else but that.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 10:21 am
@snood,
He's given the jury every reason to convict. And they will.

I'm surprised the little jerk with the camera hasn't become a "co-operating" witness. He will regret not having become one soon enough.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 12:04 pm
Defense seems to be grasping at straws. They just made a motion for a mistrial, based on a question the prosecution asked one of the neighbors who was on the stand. The neighbor had expressed her agreement with citizens questioning trespassers in the neighborhood. The question was “Do you think that trespassing deserves the death penalty?
The judge denied the motion for mistrial, and admonished the prosecution for raising a question that had to do with punishing a criminal.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 07:37 am
Arbery Prosecutors Roast McMichael On Cross

The prosecutor bluntly asked McMichael if Arbery ever threatened him or brandished a weapon.

"He did not threaten me verbally," McMichael told Dunikoski, adding that Arbery never drew a weapon on him.

“"He just ran?" Dunikoski questioned further.

"Yes, he was just running," McMichael responded.

The admission from McMichael that Arbery never threatened him could sink the defense’s self-defense rhetoric, Slobogin said.

"You can't argue self defense if you're the one that's started the series of events that led to the use of deadly force. If you provoked the person you eventually kill to attack you, you cannot assert self-defense in response to that attack," he explained.

When asked by Dunikoski about the last moments before Arbery was killed, he replied: "I was thinking that he was a threat, that he might go after myself, my father or the truck."

Dunikoski countered: "So you’re telling this jury that a man who has spent five minutes running away from you, you're now thinking is somehow going to want to continue to engage with you — someone with a shotgun — and your father — a man who's just said, 'stop or I'll blow your f-----g head off,' by trying to get in their truck?"

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/582264-arbery-prosecutors-grill-defendant-mcmichael-in-cross-examination

Bottom line, a black man failed to follow the orders of a Southern White Man, so he shot him.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 08:11 am
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 09:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Bottom line, a black man failed to follow the orders of a Southern White Man, so he shot him.
good ol' boy McMichael should rot in jail.

it remains to be seen if the jury agrees...
snood

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 09:44 am
@Region Philbis,
I haven't heard what the max and minimum possible sentences are. You?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 09:45 am
@Region Philbis,
This trial has a judge in control of the courtroom and a prosecution that is motivated to bring justice to the defendants. Their own stories convict them.

No doubt in my mind, there's a stiff sentence at the end of this for the father and especially the son.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 09:49 am
@snood,

What are the charges in Ahmaud Arbery’s killing?
snood

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 09:53 am
@Region Philbis,
Wow. Felony murder and malice murder both carry a minimum in Georgia of life imprisonment, with or without parole at the discretion of the judge.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 09:55 am
@Region Philbis,
https://www.nytimes.com/article/ahmaud-arbery-shooting-georgia.html

For the state murder charges alone, all three men, who have been detained in a Glynn County, Ga., jail for more than a year, face possible life sentences.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:17 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the mcms ARE guilty.

Well, they certainly don't understand the meaning of "shut up".
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:18 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
george zimmrman IS guilty.

Wrong. I know progressives want black people to be allowed to rape and murder white people with impunity, but progressive fantasy is not reality.

It is not a crime for white people to defend themselves when black people try to rape or murder them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:20 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
good ol' boy McMichael should rot in jail.

No. It should not be a crime for white people to protect themselves when they suspect a minority of criminal activity.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 02:35 pm
All three men will face federal hate crime charges in February, regardless of the verdict in the present trial.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/three-georgia-men-charged-federal-hate-crimes-and-attempted-kidnapping-connection-death
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 02:39 pm
@snood,
As if it was hate for a white person to confront a suspected burglar. Rolling Eyes

Maybe Mr. Trump will have the charges dropped when he gets back in the White House.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 12:47 pm

justice is served...

All three men guilty of murder in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery
(cnn)
jcboy

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 12:50 pm
@Region Philbis,
Finally some justice! I hope they don't drop the soap Cool
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 12:54 pm
@jcboy,

they will have plenty of time to practice soap-holding...
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 01:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
JUSTICE!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:40:19