Doctor Who: Flux | Official Trailer

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 05:58 pm
Doctor Who: Flux | Official Trailer

New episode October 31, 2021

Real Music

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 05:59 pm
I am getting ready to watch Doctor Who in two minutes.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 03:25 am
@Real Music,
I saw it last night, it was very good. I didn't want to start a great just so Max could **** over everything like he always does.

My one criticism is that John Bishop's character had too many sharp lines for someone in that situation.

And I was sick of John Bishop about five years ago, my heart sank when I heard he'd been given a part.
Real Music

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 12:53 pm
@izzythepush,
1. I also enjoyed watching the episode last week.

2. I am looking forward to seeing the next episode tonight.

3. I suspect this season is going to go more into the Doctor's origin.

4. That is only my suspicion of where I think the story is going.

5. In the previous season the Master had revealed to the Doctor about her beginnings and origin.

6. Her memories were erased by the other timelords.

7. We discovered that the Timelords were actually created from the Doctor's DNA.

8. That makes the Doctor the first timelord.

9. Or is the Doctor really the first timelord?

10. When they found the Doctor as a baby at that altar, they did not know how he got their or where he came from.

11. The latest episode from last week had this alien creature escape from what was a very long imprisonment.

12. This creature told the Doctor that the two of them have battled countless times in the very distant past.

13. This creature remembers battling the Doctor, but the Doctor has no memory of him.

14. Maybe those battles all occurred prior to the Doctor being found at that altar.

15. I know I am grasping at straws and what I am suggesting may be quite a reach.

16. But, it is fun trying to predict what the writers might be planning.
Real Music

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 01:10 pm
@izzythepush,
1. I am curious of why this creature was able to escape his long imprisonment at this exact moment.

2. I am curious to know what conditions or circumstances have changed that allowed him to escape at this exact moment in time.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 01:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Don't worry Izzy. I don't care enough about this season to even comment (I am here only because you invoked my name). The damage to the series has been done, I have nothing left to say. I will probably start watching again after Davies returns.

I may watch Flux when I have nothing better to do. I am currently watching, and enjoying, the latest installments of Blacklist.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 01:27 pm
@Real Music,
Last season they made a huge back story with an enormous cast so it could be from anywhere.

It could also be a River Song type plot.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 01:29 pm
@Real Music,
To be honest what I'm really looking forward to is the animation of Evil of the Dale's, it's one that really stands out as a kid, probably because it was to be the last ever dalek story.

Terry Nation intended taking them to America for their own series but that never happened.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2021 05:36 pm
Interesting.... This thread, allegedly about Doctor Who, was started about 6 weeks ago. Max was trolled. Max said politely that he wasn't interested and left for over a month.

Then the thread died. The series has now finished without anyone taking notice and people have forgotten about this thread. Which leads to an interesting question.

- Did this thread die because the only reason people were here was to troll Max? Maybe lots of threads here need Max to stick around in order to be at all interesting. Group think does tend to get boring.

- Did this thread die because Doctor Who with Jody Whittaker (who is stunning and talented) has become a boring shell of what it used to be? The ratings have continued their steady drop.

Or maybe both of these things are true. But either way, this thread has been rather dead without me. And Doctor Who has been dying without Russel T Davies.

Which brings us to the good news. Whittaker is leaving. Chibnal is leaving. Davies is back, and now Max is back. Things will get better soon.

We will see if this thread can become interesting now.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2021 05:45 pm
There is good news all around.

- The BBC has given up creative control of Doctor Who. This happened because their effort to turn Doctor Who into politically correct mush flopped and no one wanted to finance the project if they were involved.

- Russell T Davies is back. He was the creative mind that brought made the 21st century incarnation of Doctor Who such a success.

- The damage done to the franchise by Chris Chibnall will be reversed. I am wondering if the re-retcon the "guess what she's Black" doctor or if they just ignore it.

I am looking forward to Doctor Who coming back after three years of this nonsense.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2021 07:21 pm
Doctor Who (2022 specials)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The 2022 specials of the British science fiction television programme Doctor Who are three additional episodes set to follow the programme's thirteenth series. The first special is set to air on 1 January 2022, with the additional specials airing later the same year. They will be the final episodes to feature Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor and Chris Chibnall as showrunner. The specials also star Mandip Gill and John Bishop as the Doctor's travelling companions, Yasmin Khan and Dan Lewis, respectively.

The three specials were directed by Annetta Laufer, Haolu Wang and Jamie Magnus Stone respectively. The first two specials were filmed alongside the thirteenth series, and were completed by August 2021, with the centenary special having completed filming by that October.

1 "Eve of the Daleks"
Directed by: Annetta Laufer
Written by: Chris Chibnall
Air date: 1 January 2022

2 Title: TBA To be announced
Directed by: Haolu Wang
Written by: TBA To be announced
Air Date: Early 2022

3 Title: TBA To be announced
Directed by: Jamie Magnus Stone
Air Date: Late 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2021 07:32 pm
Doctor Who (2022 specials)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The 2022 specials of the British science fiction television programme Doctor Who are three additional episodes set to follow the programme's thirteenth series. The first special is set to air on 1 January 2022, with the additional specials airing later the same year. They will be the final episodes to feature Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor and Chris Chibnall as showrunner. The specials also star Mandip Gill and John Bishop as the Doctor's travelling companions, Yasmin Khan and Dan Lewis, respectively.

The three specials were directed by Annetta Laufer, Haolu Wang and Jamie Magnus Stone respectively. The first two specials were filmed alongside the thirteenth series, and were completed by August 2021, with the centenary special having completed filming by that October.

1 "Eve of the Daleks"
Directed by: Annetta Laufer,
Written by: Chris Chibnall
Producer: Sheena Bucktowonsing
Air date: 1 January 2022

2 Title: TBA To be announced
Directed by: Haolu Wang
Producer: Nikki Wilson
Air Date: Early 2022

3 Title: TBA To be announced
Directed by: Jamie Magnus Stone
Producer: TBA To be announced
Air Date: Late 2022

Development
On 29 July 2021, the BBC announced Jodie Whittaker, and Chris Chibnall, who serves as executive producer and showrunner of the series, would both depart the series after a run of specials in 2022. Chibnall stated their departures were part of a "three series and out deal" he made with Whittaker prior to the eleventh series. The first two episodes were produced as part of the eight episodes ordered for the thirteenth series, and were already set to be held for 2022. A third feature-length special was later ordered to coincide with the centenary of the BBC and serve as Whittaker's regeneration episode. The BBC describes the final episode as an "epic block busterspecial" .Executive producer Matt Strevens, who joined the series alongside Chibnall, is also set to depart once production is complete. Chibnall later stated that post-production on the final special would continue into 2022 under the working title "the Centenary Special".

Details of the New Year's Day special, "Eve of the Daleks", were revealed following the conclusion of "The Vanquishers", the finale of the thirteenth series.

Filming
The first two episodes were filmed in the same production run as the thirteenth series. Annetta Laufer directed the first special, and Haolu Wang directed the second. Filming for those specials concluded in August 2021. The centenary special was filmed throughout September 2021, directed by Jamie Magnus Stone, concluding on 13 October 2021.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 01:57 am
Doctor Who: Eve Of The Daleks | Trailer - BBC

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2021 07:37 am
I've just bought the Evil of the Daleks dvd.

It came out in September, but I'm such a dopey bugger.

Yesterday I watched a old Hammer Horror, The Gorgon, made in 1964, two future Doctor Whos together. Peter Cushing who went to play him in the film version the next year and Patrick Troughton who played him shortly after that.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 05:46 pm
In approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes from now I will be watching
Doctor Who: Eve Of The Daleks on the BBC America channel.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 11:57 pm
@Real Music,
It's very good.
Real Music

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2022 12:28 am
@izzythepush,
I enjoyed it.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2022 03:34 am
@Real Music,
Aisling Bea was on The Last Leg the night before. She's a lot better known as a stand up comic than an actress.

Did you spot Pauline Mclynn aka Father Ted's Mrs Doyle playing her mum.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2022 08:58 am
I will be watching Evil of the Daleks today.

It's animated, as most of the original tape was wiped it's the original soundtrack though.

Jamie was always my favourite companion.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2022 05:11 am
The daleks from the 1960s weren't as tough as today's.

Jamie killed one by throwing it from a balcony and another by shoving it in the fireplace.
0 Replies