Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 01:56 pm
You gotta give Frank points for creativity! Laughing I am speechless!

I just thought of something! I would think given the situation here, the authorities would be highly suspicious! Laughing Purely meant as a joke Frank. I am still laughing! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:00 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
I'm not sure why you asked the question...but I have, you will have to admit, tried to give you as hypothetical an answer as possible.

And it was a good hypothetical answer ... and you told it with such enthusiasm!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:05 pm
Thank you for the reply, Frank. I wasn't really going anywhere other than to see if you would give a response and whether you would save the child or the wife and your reasons for your choice. I guess you just needed time to formulate your hypothetical answer to my hypothetical question. Hypothetically, it seems that you did not do a very good job of raising the little girl given the way she turned out. I am surprised that you did not hypothetically abort her at birth..just before she fully emerged. Hypothetically, of course.

This has been fun, but we are really getting no where with the topic of the thread. And, of course, we never will given the broad range of thoughts on it. You and some others are for (with nothing that will change your mind), me and some others are against (with nothing that will change our minds)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:08 pm
Frank,
P.S.

You have been immortalized in the Humour thread Laughing

We really do love ya Frank.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1490866#1490866
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:09 pm
Amen, Intreped!

I absolutely love your posts! I just had to laugh at Frank's post because I knew, just knew, he was digging himself into a hole there! But, hypothetically, given the way Frank states he guess, estimates, believes, feels, etc., wouldn't it be God's fault and not Frank's? Oh, but wait, Frank doesn't believe in, guess there is, estimate there might be, or feel if there is a God He would be a nice guy, so, where does that leave the responsibility for the child?

Intreped,

You slay me! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:47 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Frank,
P.S.

You have been immortalized in the Humour thread Laughing

We really do love ya Frank.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1490866#1490866

Excellent piece, Intrepid!

Very clever.

Fact is, this article of yours is actually an improvement over the last time my avatar appeared in a thread.

That thread...was titled "What is evil?"

One poster simply posted my avatar as a response....without, as I remember it, any dialogue at all.

I loved that one also.

I'll enter this comment in the news thread also.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:54 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Thank you for the reply, Frank. I wasn't really going anywhere other than to see if you would give a response and whether you would save the child or the wife and your reasons for your choice. I guess you just needed time to formulate your hypothetical answer to my hypothetical question. Hypothetically, it seems that you did not do a very good job of raising the little girl given the way she turned out. I am surprised that you did not hypothetically abort her at birth..just before she fully emerged. Hypothetically, of course.

There was that problem of the procedure being illegal...remember. Back alley abortions stunk...and we couldn't afford going to another country.

As for raising her...well...as with so many kids whose parents didn't want them...I guess we did do a lousy job of raising them. I have some friends who are staunch Christians...and they think is heading to hell. I guess if I had been able to abort her...she'd be in Heaven now (according to their thinking)...and there would be no hell to pay.

Quote:
This has been fun, but we are really getting no where with the topic of the thread. And, of course, we never will given the broad range of thoughts on it. You and some others are for (with nothing that will change your mind), me and some others are against (with nothing that will change our minds)

Well, Intrepid...I never give up hope that I WILL change people's minds. Lots of the stuff I raise will be processed over the next few years...and who knows...maybe at some point, the light will go on in your head (and the heads of all the others) and you will realize how very right I have been.

But I love ya...so I hope it doesn't happen while you are repairing a roof...or defusing a bomb...because it is gonna shake the living bejesus outta ya if it happens.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:56 pm
Whew! I thought that I had a decent command of the English language, and communicated rather well. Apparently, if some people don't agree with me, they divine some arcane postulates, as they go along.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:57 pm
Frank,

You do have a sense of humor! Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:04 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

You do have a sense of humor! Laughing

And a very well developed one...which helps protect me when I am arguing with Christians! Twisted Evil

Which neatly segues into my second favorite bumper sticker!

"So many Christians....so few lions!"

(It's a joke!)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:05 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Whew! I thought that I had a decent command of the English language, and communicated rather well. Apparently, if some people don't agree with me, they divine some arcane postulates, as they go along.

You should do as much business with this crew as I do!

Then you could say, "Whew!"
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:09 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I haven't seen that one! But, I love cats!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:13 pm
Remember Daniel?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:19 pm
My point exactly! I would be making pets of those big kitties! Love ya' Intrepid!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:28 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I haven't seen that one! But, I love cats!

So do I, MA. So do I.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:29 pm
Frank,

You are a cat person? Honestly, you reall love cats?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:51 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

You are a cat person? Honestly, you reall love cats?

On our refrigerator is a cartoon. Two people sitting on a couch...both wearing sweaters decorated with cats. The upholstery of the couch has a cat motif...the rug under the end table has a different cat motif. There are cat pictures on the walls; cat pillow cases; cat figurines on the coffee table and breakfront, a cat shaped tea kettle is in hand...and there are cats sitting on the floor, the couch, and the other chairs in the room. One of the characters in the cartoon is saying..."I'm so happy we didn't have children...they dominate every aspect of your life."

The cartoon is held in place by a cat magnet...one of four on the refrigerator.

Here in my den I can see probably a dozen or more cat objects.

On the wall directly in front of me is a front-page, second section article from the New York Times (takes up half the page) with a picture of me and my two cats. Alongside of it is a full-page article I wrote for Newsweek Magazine about a cat issue.

And my birthday is next week...I am a Leo.

The short answer to your question, MA...is "Yes!"

But I thought you might enjoy the longer version...so I gave you the full monty, so to speak.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:01 pm
Laughing Frank! There's hope for you yet! I run a homeless cat shelter, so as you can imagine, there are cats here, there, and everywhere!

I must admit though, I am rather surprised.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:01 pm
MA...the full monty. Don't look MA. Laughing

If I was a betting man, I would have bet that Frank was/is a Leo. Happy Birthday, Frank.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:08 pm
Oh, I'm not looking! Laughing

And you're right, doesn't surprise me he's a Leo! And Have a Very Happy Birthday Frank!
0 Replies