real life

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 03:00 pm
Doktor S wrote:
Quote:

Nothing of the sort is apparent, since he bases his statement on zero knowledge of my life. If on the other hand, he is referring to renumerative work that he has done, I don't see that as qualifying him for sainthood.

So we can assume you are not a hypocrite, and devote your life to charity.
Splendid.
Quote:

As for your auto-theism, it is certainly fair topic in a Spirituality & Religion forum, and nobody pried your position out of you. You seemed at one point to be quite proud of it. Are you retreating from it now?

Absolutely not, I am just sick of having it completely misrepresented by someone that obviously wasn't paying attention when I was explaining it.
I made it quite clear my conception of what 'god' means does not include your particular external 'being' comic book caricature. Yet you keep trying to imply 'I see myself as bible god', which is ridiculous and inflammatory.
Please do not ask me to explain what 'god' means to me in regards to autotheism yet again, because if it didn't sink in the first 3 times it probably won't now.

I don't need an explanation. I understand your position very well. It's absurd.

If I were to refer to myself as 'Senator' or 'a senator' then you would naturally ask why I did so. Who had elected you senator? you might ask.

If I responded that 'I write the laws for myself and no one else', you would quite naturally respond that my use of the word 'senator' to refer to myself was quite eccentric, even nonsensical , since I was not using the word in any commonly used sense but was twisting it to make an application to myself that was at the point ( or past ) of being ridiculous.

Thus it is with your use of the word 'god' to describe yourself.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 05:18 pm
Futher evidence you didn't pay attention/absorb what I wrote.
Your myopic definition of the word shows a hint of your myopic view of the world.

Have a good day.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 05:22 pm
Quote:

I don't need an explanation. I understand your position very well. It's absurd.

So you are purposefully misrepresenting it then? Not surprising, as you are a champ at misrepresenting facts and spreading propaganda, as this (and the evolution ) thread stands as evidence of.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 06:18 pm
Doktor S wrote:
Futher evidence you didn't pay attention/absorb what I wrote.
Your myopic definition of the word shows a hint of your myopic view of the world.

Have a good day.

Yeah that's a good one. 'My'[/u] myopic use of the word, eh? So anytime someone wants to completely make up a new definition of a word, and someone says 'that's not what the word means' --they're myopic[/i]

Unfortunately for you, words mean things. You can pretend that you're the only one who knows what the definition of 'is' is; but most everybody else will easily figure out your con.

Go ahead, call yourself god. But a poor excuse for a god you are. But keep kidding yourself. It's a free country.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 06:24 pm
So, back to the topic DS. Did you figure out that the Christian right is not the driving force behind the pro-life movement? Did you check out the links to atheists for life, etc?

Maybe when you stop being so afraid of Christians, then you can approach to abortion issue in a rational manner.

You know, there are people who think that even religious faith has a genetic basis to it. If that turned out to be true ( I don't think so, but you might) would you be in favor of parents aborting a child who they found was genetically predisposed to be an atheist?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 06:33 pm
Let's give this thread a decent Christian Burial / Death Ritual Of Choice.

We can have some fun. I'll go first.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 06:34 pm
Dearly Beloved:

We are gathered here to witness the end of a long and winding thread whose purpose is known only to those who seek the Truth.

May it rest in pieces.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 07:40 pm
Chumly,

First we need to determine whether or not this thread is actually alive

Shocked

Uh oh....
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 07:58 pm
And don't forget that we fanatical Christians believe in resurrection of the dead.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:58 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
And don't forget that we fanatical Christians believe in resurrection of the dead.
God help us all Zombies are on the loose! So Fox where's your memorial? Make it a good one!
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 10:28 pm
Far from dead, I expect this thread could go another couple hundred pages easy.

So Chumly, in your view, when does the unborn become a living human being, worthy of protection?

At what point are you willing to say, 'this is a person and he/she should not be exterminated' ?

Use whatever definition suits you.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 01:49 am
Doktor S wrote:
Way to dodge the question real life.
I think wilso was taking a poke at your apparent hippocracy.

And I would thank you to leave your mal-formed blindered opinion of my autotheism out of your diatribes, as you haven't a clue what you are talking about.
Thanks.

I expected RL to dodge the question. That's all his ilk ever do when it's too hard. They want to force their mental disease on everyone else, while not taking any responsibility.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 01:52 am
BTW RL. YOU are the one claiming moral superiority. I've never made any such claim.

Not only is abortion legally available in Australia to anyone who wants it, but it is funded by medicare. You see, the Australian public made the decision that freely available abortion was more acceptable than Monday morning emergency wards being FULL of young women butchered by backyard surgeons each weekend.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:55 am
Wilso wrote:
BTW RL. YOU are the one claiming moral superiority. I've never made any such claim.

Not only is abortion legally available in Australia to anyone who wants it, but it is funded by medicare. You see, the Australian public made the decision that freely available abortion was more acceptable than Monday morning emergency wards being FULL of young women butchered by backyard surgeons each weekend.

I have to agree with you. I haven't seen any evidence of morality come from you.

In other words, they just didn't want to deal with it.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:56 am
Chumly wrote:
Let's give this thread a decent Christian Burial / Death Ritual Of Choice.

We can have some fun. I'll go first.

I suppose one who can't support a rational position should call for the end to a thread.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 08:05 am
Wilso wrote:
Doktor S wrote:
Way to dodge the question real life.
I think wilso was taking a poke at your apparent hippocracy.

And I would thank you to leave your mal-formed blindered opinion of my autotheism out of your diatribes, as you haven't a clue what you are talking about.
Thanks.

I expected RL to dodge the question. That's all his ilk ever do when it's too hard. They want to force their mental disease on everyone else, while not taking any responsibility.

Hi Wilso,

I suppose I could follow your lead and could ask you all kinds of irrelevant,baseless and accusatory things, such as : when did you stop beating your mother?

But, since the topic is abortion, the pertinent question is:

At what point DOES he/she become a living human being and with what do substantiate that such a change takes place at that point (other than your opinion)?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:10 pm
real life, why is that line so important to you?

If you talk to women who miscarry at various stages of pregnancy I'm quite certain you'll find a dramatic increase in the level of grief experienced the further along the developmental line you travel. (I know this myself from the bitter experience of close friends)

I've recently read that it's now thought that as many as 80% of all conceptions are lost naturally through miscarriage...you would have us think that this is just as sad as if we were losing 80% at nine months, which is ridiculous.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:20 pm
Eorl wrote:
real life, why is that line so important to you?

If you talk to women who miscarry at various stages of pregnancy I'm quite certain you'll find a dramatic increase in the level of grief experienced the further along the developmental line you travel. (I know this myself from the bitter experience of close friends)

I've recently read that it's now thought that as many as 80% of all conceptions are lost naturally through miscarriage...you would have us think that this is just as sad as if we were losing 80% at nine months, which is ridiculous.

A miscarriage and an abortion are different because in one case death is accidental and the other is not.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:47 pm
real life, if that's the best you've got I'll take the point thanks.

If you are happy to concede that far less accidental damage is caused by early miscarriages than late ones, then clearly the same is true when it's not accidental.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:55 pm
Eorl wrote:
real life, if that's the best you've got I'll take the point thanks.

If you are happy to concede that far less accidental damage is caused by early miscarriages than late ones, then clearly the same is true when it's not accidental.

You get no points. If, in your mind, you consider that a miscarriage and abortion to be in the same arena then you must surely also consider that a child that is run over by a car is in the same arena as one killed by a wanton killer. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies