Arella Mae

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 11:55 am
nick17,

Just a heads up, be prepared for the possible onslaught of how you may be appearing to make others feel guilty.

I am with you 100% on this. Looks alive to me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 11:56 am
Anyone feeling guilty?

Nope.

Didn't think so.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 11:57 am
Thanks, did you check out the link?
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 11:58 am
Woa. that wasnt their when i was writing!!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 12:03 pm
I checked the link, yes.

ehBeth,

I was just pointing out that when links and pictures like this were posted earlier in this thread, there were some that came back accusing that the poster was trying to make them feel guilty. I pointed to no on specifically.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 12:57 pm
http://www.nrlc.org/

http://www.spuc.org.uk/

http://www.prolifeaction.org/

http://www.prolife.com/
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:00 pm
(I have to get in on this monster thread.) It seems backwards to me the fact that the pro-lifers take the position that life begins at conception, while the supposedly scientific-minded pro-choice side holds that life begins at birth or at some other midway point. I know from repeated experience that I am naive about most things, but from a scientific or purely philosophical point of view it makes perfect sense to me that a human being exists at conception. If not for the politics involved, I'm convinced that most reasonable people would agree.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:10 pm
echi wrote:
(I have to get in on this monster thread.) It seems backwards to me the fact that the pro-lifers take the position that life begins at conception, while the supposedly scientific-minded pro-choice side holds that life begins at birth or at some other midway point. I know from repeated experience that I am naive about most things, but from a scientific or purely philosophical point of view it makes perfect sense to me that a human being exists at conception. If not for the politics involved, I'm convinced that most reasonable people would agree.

I am a reasonable person, and it is inconceivable to me that anyone could look at a single cell, a cluster of cells, or an embryo and claim that it is a human being. It may - possibly - become a human being (odds are 2-to-1 against fertilized eggs surviving) but it is in no way, shape or form a human being - by any stretch of the imagination - until it develops a fully functioning brain, which does not occur before the 24th week of gestation.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:15 pm
Which it would do if it wasn't killed before that
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:23 pm
Love the hat Intrepid!
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:34 pm
Terry wrote:
echi wrote:

I am a reasonable person, and it is inconceivable to me that anyone could look at a single cell, a cluster of cells, or an embryo and claim that it is a human being. It may - possibly - become a human being (odds are 2-to-1 against fertilized eggs surviving) but it is in no way, shape or form a human being - by any stretch of the imagination - until it develops a fully functioning brain, which does not occur before the 24th week of gestation.

So, if I understand your point, at 24 weeks minus one hour it is perfectly alright, in your view, to dispose of the unborn by any means and for any reason?

Or how about 24 weeks minus two hours?

Three hours?

Twelve hours?

24 hours?

48 hours?

When does the unborn pass that magical line for you, Terry? And when do you measure the 24 weeks gestation from, exactly?

From the date of the last menstrual period?

From the date of the sexual activity that the mother thinks may have produced the unborn?

From the approximate dates made by doctors after measuring limb size, skull size, etc via ultrasound?
0 Replies

Zipp City US of A

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 11:57 pm
If 2000 years ago free choise had, had it's say mans salvation might be in jeopardy today. But not no you say for after all who would have an abortion on christmas day.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:19 am
Quote:
which does not occur before the 24th week of gestation.

http://home.att.net/~AbbyD/Pro-Life/pro-life.jpg

I thought you ought to take another look at this picture. Unborn child at 18 WEEKS[/b].
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:55 am
Quote:
but it is in no way, shape or form a human being - by any stretch of the imagination - until it develops a fully functioning brain, which does not occur before the 24th week of gestation.

The child in the picture looks human to me, and i don't even have to use my imagination.

The simple human gesture of sucking a thumb shows but one of many characteristics associated with post-birth infants that are evident in an unborn baby at even 18-weeks of development. More advanced procedures have shown that unborn babies are aware of sounds, and even learn to recognize their mother's voice. And they can even feel pain. They have been shown to silently scream in unbearable anguish while being dismembered during an abortion. How can anyone viewing this picture consider the mutilation of a living human being?
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 08:49 am
Quote:
until it develops a fully functioning brain, which does not occur before the 24th week of gestation.

Retarded people don't have fully functioning brains...are they human? You gonna let us kill them too?

Quote:
How can anyone viewing this picture consider the mutilation of a living human being?

No one in their right mind could, they have to keep telling themselves that it isn't a human, then they will start believing it.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 09:17 am
If it isn't human, what is it?

(And geez, enough with the photos already. Can't we all just use our words? Please?)
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:02 pm
Quote:

(And geez, enough with the photos already. Can't we all just use our words? Please?)

No, because it makes the pro-choice people squirm when they have to face the reality of an unborn child.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 05:11 pm
http://abortionno.org/abortion_no.html
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 05:16 pm
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Quote:

No, because it makes the pro-choice people squirm when they have to face the reality of an unborn child.

I'm sure it does, but it's a cheap shot. It doesn't address any of their questions. If you resort to shocking images you will just turn people off or piss them off. Plus, it makes pro-lifers look like they don't have anything intelligent to say.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 05:18 pm
echi,

I have been meaning to ask. What exactly is that a picture of (your avatar)? I guess my eyes are really bad. I can't quite make it out.
0 Replies