Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:55 am
neologist wrote:
Are you saying that christianity doesn't represent the bible?

No...but I think you are.

Are you suggesting that it would be unusual to a funeral service for a Christian child or baby...and hear the priest or minister talk about their god "calling the baby or child into Heaven?"

Deal withk that, Neo...rather than doing that weasely stuff you do whenever someone has shown your arguments to be vacuous nonsense.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:02 am
You won't hear that in my Church, Frank. You will also not hear the presumption that people immediately go to heaven. You are making many assumptions, or taking a small sampling of what you know and using it in your arguement.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:03 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:

Are you suggesting that it would be unusual to a funeral service for a Christian child or baby...and hear the priest or minister talk about their god "calling the baby or child into Heaven?"

Deal withk that, Neo...rather than doing that weasely stuff you do whenever someone has shown your arguments to be vacuous nonsense.
The idea that God calls babies to heaven is just another of the disgusting misrepresentations vomited by the clergy.

My belief? Stated here in another thread: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1373697#1373697
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:07 am
Intrepid wrote:
You won't hear that in my Church, Frank. You will also not hear the presumption that people immediately go to heaven. You are making many assumptions, or taking a small sampling of what you know and using it in your arguement.

Well tell us what church you belong to, Intrepid.

I am willing to make a bet with you....if you've got the guts....that we could take 100 Christian funeral services for a young child or baby....and the VAST MAJORITY of them will have a minister or priest talking about the baby being called into Heaven by their god.

Now I am not saying that there are not some extra portion fruitcake Christian sects that do not do this. But you know how it is with Christians...whatever works for the moment is okay.

Let's hear it, Intrepid. What Church do you belong to....so that we can size up its membership and see just how representative it is of Christianity in general.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:09 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:

The idea that God calls babies to heaven is just another of the disgusting misrepresentations vomited by the clergy.

Oh, I know...I know. That scum sucking clergy is so disgusting.

Same question of you, Neo.

What church do you belong to?

Let us size it up and see just how representative it is of the Christian community in general.

Try not to use your usual weaseling out on this one, Neo. Just give us the name of your church.

My belief? Stated here in another thread: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1373697#1373697[/quote]
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:15 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
As if the source of the argument has any bearing on the truth of the argument. That would be argumentum ad hominem, Frank.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:19 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
As if the source of the argument has any bearing on the truth of the argument. That would be argumentum ad hominem, Frank.

Yeah...a couple of cult weasels!

MY GUESS: Both of you would feel much more comfortable "worshipping" on Saturday...than Sunday!

What say you two?

Does your cult hold services on Saturday or Sunday?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:20 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:

Let us size it up and see just how representative it is of the Christian community in general.

Try not to use your usual weaseling out on this one, Neo. Just give us the name of your church.

My belief? Stated here in another thread: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1373697#1373697
[/quote] (sic) You were in such a great hurry to trash my post, you hijacked my link. I'm sure other a2kers will soon realize it is not YOUR belief, but any who read it will soon discern where I put my faith. (As if that has any bearing on its veracity)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:23 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:

(sic) You were in such a great hurry to trash my post, you hijacked my link. I'm sure other a2kers will soon realize it is not YOUR belief, but any who read it will soon discern where I put my faith. (As if that has any bearing on its veracity)[/quote]

Oops. Sorry for that mistake. I certainly didn't mean to "hijack" your link...or your "beliefs"...and I think you know that.

But you were correct....in my haste, I screwed up.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:25 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Yeah...a couple of cult weasels!

MY GUESS: Both of you would feel much more comfortable "worshipping" on Saturday...than Sunday!

What say you two?

Does your cult hold services on Saturday or Sunday?
I go to meetings on three different days, Frank. But the actual days don't matter. Our buildings are quite full to the point where several congregations make use of them - each having meetings at different times and on different days. I find it quite convenient when I am forced to miss a meeting because of work or family matters.

This is really important to you, isn't it Frank?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:27 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Actually...it would have bearing...and would not be argumentum ad hominem.

The thrust of my argument was that MOST Christian churches teach that babies and children who die...go to Heaven.

I am still willing to put it to the test.

But it makes lots of sense (and is logical and germane) to ask you and Intrepid for the denomination you are representing as not doing so. We can look up the membership....and see if it is representative of Christianity as a whole....or just doing the cult thing.

What is the denomination...or the church?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:30 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Oops. Sorry for that mistake. I certainly didn't mean to "hijack" your link...or your "beliefs"...and I think you know that.

Of course I know that, Frank. I just don't understand where the source of the argument has any bearing on its truthfulness.

If the neighborhood drug dealer came banging on your door in the middle of the night screaming that your house was on fire, would you check it out or tell him to go away and go back to bed?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:32 am
Read my link, Frank. Then ask again if you haven't figured it out.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:55 am
double post
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:03 am
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I am willing to make a bet with you....if you've got the guts....that we could take 100 Christian funeral services for a young child or baby....and the VAST MAJORITY of them will have a minister or priest talking about the baby being called into Heaven by their god.

Now I am not saying that there are not some extra portion fruitcake Christian sects that do not do this. But you know how it is with Christians...whatever works for the moment is okay.

Let's hear it, Intrepid. What Church do you belong to....so that we can size up its membership and see just how representative it is of Christianity in general.

Does everything have to be about guts with you Frank?

I am not saying that you will not hear that from a minister or priest in a Christian funeral service. Usually, you would hear this because the minister does not know how to otherwise phrase it or try to give comfort to the parents. Priests and ministers are, after all, human too.

You ask me to tell you what church I belong to, then you proceed to talk about fruitcake Christian sects etc. This tell me, that no matter what denomination I tell you I am, you will find some smart mouth remark to make about it. I will not subject my religion, myself, or fellow Christians to that nonsense.

Membership? It is worldwide and in the millions, Frank. Now I suppose we are going to hear about how Intrepid is gutless and stupid and afraid to say what church he belongs to and does not support his religion. You know what? That does not bother me, Frank. I have figured out that you are afraid. You are afraid of religion and that is why you belittle it, use your foul language against it and those who believe in it and those who might believe in it. I have never tired to force my religion on anybody. If someone, in earnest, wants to hear about it I gladly share. I will not be drawn into childish rhetorical debate of what I believe.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:04 am
neologist wrote:
Here again, Frank, you use a misinterpretation of the bible to advance your proposition.

Are you assuming that the translation of the collection of stories you use as the bible is the correct one, neologist?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:10 am
Intrepid wrote:
Hear that, Frank? A definition of the term straw man. And it is ad hominem, your use of the words 'cult' and 'extra portion fruitcake' as if the number of portions we eat has any bearing on the veracity of our arguments. You perhaps have eaten far too much yourself.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:11 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Of course I know that, Frank. I just don't understand where the source of the argument has any bearing on its truthfulness.

What????

I do not understand this at all.

Quote:
If the neighborhood drug dealer came banging on your door in the middle of the night screaming that your house was on fire, would you check it out or tell him to go away and go back to bed?

I understand this even less.

Are you unable to put together a coherent sentence that actually expresses a thought?
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:12 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Lash wrote:
So, it magically becomes alive when it hits oxygen...?

When?

Nothing "magical" about it. Words have meanings. A fetus....means a fetus. A child...means a child. A fetus is not a child....just like an egg is not a chicken.

When it is an embryo or a fetus...it is living tissue. No one here is disputing that. BUT IT IS NOT A LIVING HUMAN BEING while it is a fetus or an embryo.

Nothing magical about it.

It may not be a HUMAN BEING but it's HUMAN LIFE, parasitic as it may be.

And killing a fetus is killing a fetus.

Why not just call it what it is ?

I think it would be more honest for people who have no problem with abortion to stop pussyfooting around the subject and admit they have no moral objection with the killing of fetuses no matter what trimester.

By the same token they would have to acknowledge they also have no moral objection with a mother-to-be smoking, drinking, or using drugs during pregnancy. After all it's her body her choice.

So what if the baby is born with three arms, two heads, and addicted to crack. It wasn't a HUMAN BEING in the uterus.

Nothing magical about that.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:12 am
ehBeth wrote:
neologist wrote:
Here again, Frank, you use a misinterpretation of the bible to advance your proposition.

Are you assuming that the translation of the collection of stories you use as the bible is the correct one, neologist?
No.

Which translation would you like to use?
0 Replies